PDA

View Full Version : H&K MP5-SD: Full-auto versus Semi-auto Accuracy.

Molon
7 July 2015, 16:33
H&K MP5-SD: Full-auto versus Semi-auto Accuracy.

For this fun little comparison, I used full-sized IALEFI-Q targets placed at a distance of 10 yards. (The orange dot placed on the target is one inch in diameter and was the point of aim for both targets pictured below.) The first target pictured below shows 20 shots fired from the off-hand position from a stock MP5-SD in semi-automatic mode as fast as I could re-acquire a sight picture and squeeze off the individual rounds.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/4e1v97uhx2.jpg

The second target pictured also has 20 shots fired at it, but these shots were fired from the off-hand position in controlled 2 and 3-round bursts with the selector on full-auto mode. The grouping of rounds labeled #1 are the first shots from each burst. The second grouping of rounds is formed from the 2nd and 3rd shots of each burst.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/t7knotopxq.jpg

The second grouping of rounds is approximately 3.4” higher than the first, at the distance of 10 yards. This would equate to approximately 8.5” higher at a distance of 25 yards!

BoilerUp
7 July 2015, 22:34
That can't be right. Better let me try it. I'll just need to use your MP5....

SINNER
8 July 2015, 04:33
Yeah that thing shoots like crap. Better send it to me so I can straighten it up for you.

Once again nice write up Molon.

baboon
8 July 2015, 05:41
My MP5K shoots as well at that distance.

Molon
8 July 2015, 06:54
I'll just need to use your MP5....

Believe me, I really wish that I did own an MP5.

BoilerUp
8 July 2015, 19:55
Believe me, I really wish that I did own an MP5.

Well, in that case, go find an MPX to borrow and put it through the same test. That would make for an interesting comparison...

UWone77
8 July 2015, 19:58
Well, in that case, go find an MPX to borrow and put it through the same test. That would make for an interesting comparison...

I too am curious to see what kind of accuracy people are getting with an MPX. I expect pretty good groupings as you can just drop in an AR-15 compatible trigger.

Eric
9 July 2015, 08:11
Meh. Just a big pistol. [BD]