PDA

View Full Version : People suck!!!

SwissyJim
24 July 2015, 23:01
well, it's official. People suck. I've been fighting the diagnosis for my entire 25 years as a first responder, but today it became official. Someone walked off with my ballcap with my 'We the People' and 'Ammosexual' patches.

BASTARD!! Dirty, rotten, unwashed douchebag BASTARD!

I was at the range, after hours so only members could be there, and when I went down to check some targets and reset stuff, it walked away. I didn't notice for a bit as I had taken off due to the heat, but when I went to get it for the late sun drive home, it was nowhere to be seen. Not like it's a normal hat either... Rainier Arms camo ballcap, We the People PVC patch and Ammosexual cloth patch. I see someone wearing it later on I'll murder them. Who messes with a guys hat?!?!?! Besides, I've sweated my ass off in that hat... stains plainly visible. THANKFULLY... if there is a silver lining... it was 'just' the normal We The People patch, not the limited I also have, and I have a second Ammosexual one. But still... talk about faith in Humanity destroyed. Douchebag!!!!!

there's a reason I like my dogs more than 99.9% of the people I meet or know...

UWone77
25 July 2015, 06:18
Jim, sorry to hear about that. I've got extra patches of both if you'd like them, they are yours.

voodoo_man
25 July 2015, 06:40
Seriously.

Thieves make me want to punch small things.

Uffdaphil
25 July 2015, 07:46
That it was a fellow member is the worst. I once had a small party where all guests were friends. One lifted my original Patty Hearst wanted poster from the bathroom wall. Arrrgh.

Dstrbdmedic167
25 July 2015, 07:53
That's low.. Sorry to hear that Jim

UWone77
25 July 2015, 08:19
That it was a fellow member is the worst. I once had a small party where all guests were friends. One lifted my original Patty Hearst wanted poster from the bathroom wall. Arrrgh.

That seriously is the worst part. Someone you know, or someone part of your group. I remember my first few years on the department, I lost a couple of decent knives and a pair of Oakleys to other officers. I then mentioned to my supervisor in a moment of frustration that we had some thieves working here. He then got upset at me. I said Sarge, why do we all have locks on our lockers then? Why do people always steal from others in the fridge?

SwissyJim
25 July 2015, 08:25
Jim, sorry to hear about that. I've got extra patches of both if you'd like them, they are yours.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm good. I have a second 'Ammosexual' on my wall, and the 'We the People' limited is still in the plastic sleeve there as well. Just really burns my ass someone walked off with them. Small chance I'll see them, but you know I'll be looking at every hat at the range now. Whoever grabbed it better hope I don't see it on their head! You'd think someone would not be dumb enough to wear it back there, but this is people we are talking about so I wouldn't be shocked.

Thompson
25 July 2015, 08:54
Wow that sucks. Big time.

Perhaps make mention of that at the next meeting or something?

UW - don't you just love it when people have the complete opposite reaction that you were expecting?

gatordev
25 July 2015, 13:27
That seriously is the worst part. Someone you know, or someone part of your group. I remember my first few years on the department, I lost a couple of decent knives and a pair of Oakleys to other officers. I then mentioned to my supervisor in a moment of frustration that we had some thieves working here. He then got upset at me. I said Sarge, why do we all have locks on our lockers then? Why do people always steal from others in the fridge?

I had something similar happen when I was stationed in CA. I had my Camelback backpack stashed under my desk in my office. It had my usual stuff, like gloves and in-flight pubs, but it also had smart packs I've had since 2002 and some other small personal gear. It had slowly slipped forward of my desk and was visibile from the hallway. I came in the next day and it was gone. Everything, including stuff that everyone else would already own (flight pubs). I went and touched base with the XOs of the squadrons in the same building to give them a heads up and they were all upset, as well, but nothing ever resurfaced. Very frustrating.

Former11B
28 July 2015, 07:10
The local range I go to (outdoor 100 yard range, free through our Department of Natural Resources) has a 10 bay shooting lane with overhead cover about 10 meters from the parking area. During the week you can spend HOURS by yourself out there....nice and peaceful. Fortunately it didn't happen to me, but still sucks no matter what, was a guy was down range at the 100yd berm checking a target when a car comes screeching into the parking lot, two people jump out, run down to the bench and grab all his guns/ammo/everything they can in one grab, and go. He started running back but was too far to get a plate...just a car description.

I made a point to never shoot my concealed carry pistol when I go there so it's always in my holster, and to do my best to go with a friend (and we alternate going downrange) so we can watch each others' gear.

I would DEFINITELY be blasting at the car/people if I saw that happen. Running off with all my NFA stuff would suuuuuck

Sorry about your hat and the fact that you have a loser in your area like that. Hope you see him wearing it.

SINNER
28 July 2015, 08:10
Years ago we had a public range in Maryland located in a remote area. A few times one year people were robbed at gunpoint carrying their gear to the benches. They made the fatal mistake of trying to rob a WW2 vet. Rumor was the guy was carrying his rifle and had a .45 in his jacket pocket when they tried to rob him.

UWone77
28 July 2015, 08:22
This also reminds me of when I was playing a lot of softball. At tourneys you'd see guys looking for their bat that someone swiped. When you're walking around with a bag full of $300 bats people get sticky fingers. Happened way too many times.

WHSmithIV
28 July 2015, 09:35
That really does suck Jim and I certainly can sympathize. Someone years ago stole my fitted Red Sox cap. I wanted to kill the bastard since I had just moved to Scandinavia and there was no way I was going to get to Fenway Park to buy another one. It was a sized cap - no adjustment strap.

Cotton68spc
28 July 2015, 20:02
The green eyed monster takes over idiots sometimes .....best cure ? Knock it out of them repeatedly

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook