PDA

View Full Version : .22 suppressors

VIPER 237
3 August 2015, 14:34
Ok ladies and gents I am looking to get a .22lr suppressor. It will be on both rifles and pistols. I have narrowed down my search to the Silencerco Spectre II or Sparrow, and the Griffin Armament Checkmate QD.

The Sparrow is the shortest and quietest, the Spectre is more durable, and the QD option for the Checkmate is pretty awesome. I also like how easy the Spectre and the Checkmate come apart for cleaning.

I just can't make a decision.

toolboxluis00200
3 August 2015, 15:38
YouTube will answer most of dose questions

But if I had to do it aging I get the the Griffin Armament Checkmate QD.

VIPER 237
3 August 2015, 17:22
The checkmate is the front runner, but I can get a spectre or sparrow for a pretty dang good price

Dstrbdmedic167
3 August 2015, 17:29
I've got the warlock 2 and it serves me well. I have also shot the spectre and was impressed with it as well. It is one of the highest recommended cans by a member on another forum i frequent. I also think the Checkmate would be a great can as well. The QD option is a big plus.. either way I don't think you could go wrong...

Sak007
3 August 2015, 20:28
Anyone have any experience with the Tacsol Axiom ?
http://www.tacticalsol.com/suppressors/axiom-suppressor

toolboxluis00200
3 August 2015, 21:11
For the price and u can use that many calibers I say is a good deal

Mecha_Arms
3 August 2015, 22:27
I've been mulling over the same thing and I was leaning toward the Spectre II.

Former11B
4 August 2015, 05:57
Out of the three, I'd have to go with the Griffin Checkmate.

I bought Innovative Arms' .22 cans for a few reasons (obviously not the biggest company out there) but they've got some good cans and they stand behind their work.

MoxyDave
4 August 2015, 10:20
I have 2 22Sparrow suppressors in stainless with many thousands of rounds through them. Easy to disassemble, easy to clean, and very effective. Not sure why any other suppressor would be considered "more durable". I would buy another in a heartbeat without bothering to look at any of the others. Ignore the manufacturer claims regarding decibels - the actual difference to your ears is going to be negligible. Go with the one that's easiest to clean, because you will be cleaning it a lot.

tappedandtagged
12 October 2015, 14:37
I went with the Spectre and am very happy. Although, I think the Sparrow may be a touch easier to clean. First round pop on the Spectre is supposed to be quieter. I have not shot a Sparrow though, so I have no real world experience on that claim.

voodoo_man
12 October 2015, 14:44
While I think dedicated .22lr suppressors are cool and super cheap, 9mm cans work well too.

Former11B
14 October 2015, 08:07
While I think dedicated .22lr suppressors are cool and super cheap, 9mm cans work well too.

Since I got an aluminum .22 can for weight reasons, I've been debating using my 9mm suppressor on my 17HMR. I've "heard" they sound great suppressed and are a lot of fun. My 5.56 direct thread is too heavy for the job, IMO.

cjd3
14 October 2015, 09:09

What about cleaning 9mm cans? Are they as serviceable as the 22 cans? I just picked up my 22Sparrow, and can't wait to shoot it this weekend. I've got a nice Lite pistol host, and I had my 22 bolt threaded.

Silencer Shop
14 October 2015, 09:10
What about cleaning 9mm cans? Are they as serviceable as the 22 cans? I just picked up my 22Sparrow, and can't wait to shoot it this weekend. I've got a nice Lite pistol host, and I had my 22 bolt threaded.

Yes you can clean most 9mm silencers. However since most people shoot jacketed ammo in 9mm cleaning is much easier.

voodoo_man
14 October 2015, 09:13

My gm9 is a gcore, I dont know I theres an easier can to clean

Former11B
14 October 2015, 10:20

Some are sealed, some are serviceable. I stick to plated pistol bullets (jacketed are usually a little pricier) and don't worry about leading issues.

cjd3
14 October 2015, 18:13
My gm9 is a gcore, I dont know I theres an easier can to clean

Yes you can clean most 9mm silencers. However since most people shoot jacketed ammo in 9mm cleaning is much easier.

Some are sealed, some are serviceable. I stick to plated pistol bullets (jacketed are usually a little pricier) and don't worry about leading issues.
My main question was running 22lr through the 9mm cans. I know that 22 can will get filthy with the dirty lead, but wouldnt you have to worry about that with the 9mm cans. Or does it not accumulate as much due to the larger diameter hole.