PDA

View Full Version : WE is great

WGG
25 January 2009, 10:54
I am a new member here and I just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I enjoy the WE site. It is a refreshing change from some of the other sites. All of the information here is useful and there is no drama.
I have been shooting for many years but only recently started shooting ARs. I have no LE or Mil background so I came here to learn from those that have and I am learning quite a bit.

Stickman
25 January 2009, 14:22
I am a new member here and I just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I enjoy the WE site. It is a refreshing change from some of the other sites. All of the information here is useful and there is no drama.
I have been shooting for many years but only recently started shooting ARs. I have no LE or Mil background so I came here to learn from those that have and I am learning quite a bit.

There is no need for drama on weapon boards, especially if people stay with facts. Opinions are nice, but unless they are based on factual events, they tend to start straying into fanboy territory. There are a lot of products on the market, and we have been forced at times to NOT do a review on some. A good, interesting, or new item isn't enough to make for a review. The idea behind this board is to review equipment that we may carry or use as LE or MIL. From time to time we may stray a bit from this, but its usually for a reason. The OTTE Hard and Soft Shell would seem like they would have no place here, but they are issued equipment to certain MIL, and LEO, and are very functional.

I'm glad that you are getting good info, there is nothing wrong with starting threads to gather more information and to be able to make an informed choice.

Welcome aboard.

Eric
25 January 2009, 22:56
WGG,
Thanks for checking in. While we don't have the volume of some other resources, we have received a lot of positive feedback. We try to stay more or less on topic, instead of covering every topic under the sun.

Army Chief
25 January 2009, 23:09
Having neither the time nor the patience to frequent yet another "white noise" forum, I believe that the quality over quantity approach here is truly WEVO's stock in trade. It is, without question, the reason why it tops my (very) short list of daily e-destinations.

AC