PDA

View Full Version : YHM Black Diamond Specter Review WANTED!!

nolan7120
27 January 2009, 17:07
I currently don't own anything YHM, but have heard only good things about their aftermarket parts. I happen to be in the market for a new AR, and the Black Diamond Specter caught my eye. Without seeing one in person, it looks to be exactly what I want for about the right price. I'm just not sure if i want to wait till September to get it (thats when they quoted me). My other choice is a RRA Elite CAR A4 ( already have an Entry Tactical which I LOVE) custom ordered, which who knows when would come, RRA wouldn't even give me an estimate. I'd guess by the end of the year. The price of the upgraded Elite CAR would be about $35 less than the YHM. Here are the MAIN things I'm looking for in my next AR: a mid-length lightweight FF quad rail forearm that sits flush with the upper, flip up front and rear sights, 16 in barrel with 1:9 twist, and a flat-top A4 design. I know I'll like the RRA trigger better because I love the one on my entry tactical. When i ask people what rifel to go with, they say the Elite CAR. But the lack of information surrounding the YHM Black Diamond Specter is making me want to learn more about this rifle. I know YHM has been producing complete rifles since only 8/08, but someone has got to know something!!!

Stickman
27 January 2009, 21:44
I have no contacts at YHM, but I'll dig around. If they are looking for an honest real world review, we can do that, but we don't blow sunshine after 50 rounds and call something new reliable. If its good, its good and can stand on its own merit.

I will say that the RRA 2 stage trigger fails more often than any other 2 stage trigger I'm aware of. For a little more money, you could pickup the Geiselle SSA, which has never failed anyone as far as I know.