PDA

View Full Version : Colt Introduces LE6920MPS Featuring Magpul® MOE SL™ Furniture

Eric
22 August 2015, 13:39
From Colt (http://www.colt.com/Media/PressReleases/tabid/252/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/134/Colt-Introduces-LE6920MPS-Featuring-Magpul-MOE-SL-Furniture.aspx)

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (August 17, 2015) – Colt, the firearms industry leader and original producer of both the M16 rifle and M4 carbine for the US Government, has once again partnered with accessory manufacturer Magpul to offer an upgrade to Colt’s popular Magpul Edition series of carbines.

Featuring Magpul’s exciting new MOE Slim Line furniture in your choice of Black or Flat Dark Earth, the LE6920MPS comes equipped with Magpul’s new narrow design MOE SL parts including the handguard which has M-LOK™ mounting slots at the two, six, and ten o’clock positions, the buttstock which features anti-snag dual-side release latch, and the aggressively textured grip. Other accessories include a Magpul M-LOK vertical grip, MOE trigger guard, Magpul MBUS Gen 2 flip-up rear sight and a PMAG® 30 round magazine.

“This is an evolutionary step for our Magpul Series,” said Colt Product Director Justin Baldini. “Magpul continues to offer a truly functional, durable line of products, which we’re able to kit with our standard LE6920 to afford our customers an incredible value. This is a great opportunity to own a quality factory customized rifle, right out of the box.”

Magpul Industries is an accessories leader in the firearms industry. Based in Austin, TX, their products are fielded in high-demand environments throughout the world.

http://www.colt.com/Portals/0/News/LE6920mps%20sm.jpg

tact
22 August 2015, 13:47
Looks like Aero got 'em a little worried......

SINNER
22 August 2015, 14:51
Colt has been selling rifles with Magpul furniture on them long before Aero made a rifle.

tact
22 August 2015, 17:26
I was referring to the fact that they had to make such an announcement about it......ya know since they've been doing it for so long.

Thompson
22 August 2015, 17:56
... so what makes this "evolutionary"? All they're doing is slapping on Magpul's latest gen stuff.

Eric
22 August 2015, 18:56
I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking, but just an update on an existing line. Add an optic, sling, white light, a couple more mags and you have yourself a great patrol carbine setup.

UWone77
22 August 2015, 19:12
... so what makes this "evolutionary"? All they're doing is slapping on Magpul's latest gen stuff.

It's like cerakoting a gun disruptive gray and charging fanboys extra [:D]

Thompson
22 August 2015, 19:12
I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking, but just an update on an existing line.
Yep - my thoughts exactly.

It's like cerakoting a gun disruptive gray and charging fanboys extra [:D]
Lol - at least they didn't call it evolutionary :) ... besides, it at least came with iron sights [BD]

VIPER 237
22 August 2015, 23:10
Weird the local sportsmans warehouse had one with the SL furniture two weeks ago on the shelf.

Liberal_Strong
23 August 2015, 00:44
i thought colt wasnt doing so well especially after having filed for ch.13 bankruptcy?

BoilerUp
23 August 2015, 07:38

ev·o·lu·tion (ĕv′ə-lo͞o′shən, ē′və-)
n.

1. a. A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.
b. A result of this process; a development

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Evolutionary

UWone77
23 August 2015, 17:51
Yep - my thoughts exactly.

Lol - at least they didn't call it evolutionary :) ... besides, it at least came with iron sights [BD]

Off the rack, the 6920 is still a great gun, especially since it's about 1/2 of the price of a BCM Jack. [BD]

They do really need to get rid of the M4 barrel profile.

Thompson
23 August 2015, 18:21
Off the rack, the 6920 is still a great gun, especially since it's about 1/2 of the price of a BCM Jack. [BD]

They do really need to get rid of the M4 barrel profile.
Without a doubt haha.

What contour would you like in a 6920?

voodoo_man
23 August 2015, 18:46
if they are $500 yeah, that'll work.

gatordev
23 August 2015, 18:52
What contour would you like in a 6920?

Lots of people are fans of the skinny barrel, which could be a seller. Personally, I think a SOCOM barrel is the cat's meow. It's an amazingly accurate barrel for a Field Grade gun. Although I'd want the 14.5" version.

Ordnance
23 August 2015, 19:07
Lots of people are fans of the skinny barrel, which could be a seller.

That's because frankly there's a lot of sissies out there, who whine about weight, and talk about "battle rifles" that the farthest they'll ever really carry them is from their car to the range bench.

Thompson
23 August 2015, 21:00
That's because frankly there's a lot of sissies out there, who whine about weight, and talk about "battle rifles" that the farthest they'll ever really carry them is from their car to the range bench.
Ah .... M1A guys lol

gatordev
24 August 2015, 04:26
Another plus of the 14.5" SOCOM...it weighs the same as the 16" M4 profile (and I'd argue with better balance).

SINNER
24 August 2015, 07:39
I have a 6720 MOE with the lightweight profile barrel and it is a more accurate gun than any of my M4 or SOCOM barrel'ed Colts. It is one of their best barrels IMO. And weight is not a concern of mine.

Ordnance
24 August 2015, 10:41
My issue is there's no consistency among thinner barrel profiles, and they more often than not are less accurate. That's always been one of the biggest problems with lightweight profiles, since barrel heat and accuracy are directly linked. The hotter you run a thin profile barrel, the accuracy will typically worsen. It also comes down to what someone defines as "accurate". If you're fine hitting a 2-4 MOA target with standard mil ammo, then it gets the job done, but if we're talking <1 MOA, good luck. And before people come running to defend something they have that happens to get sub MOA, yes, I realize there are exceptions out there, but that is typically not the norm.

SINNER
24 August 2015, 11:38
Accuracy discussions start at 1 MOA. Lol and I never make generalizations about profiles without discussing manufacturing processes and parent material type. Because both my SCAR 17's and my 16 exhibit some of the most best hot barrel accuracy I have seen out of any profile. They are what I consider a 1MOA weapons and that holds true after repeated heavy voiume fire and the first 5 shot group off a bench. The bigger issue I have seen with the LW profiles is the POI shift using a can. But oddly the SCAR barrels shift is minimal. Even less than a DD S2W profile. Now with something like those Faxon pencil barrels you are 100% correct. Seen one that started stringing shots by the 6-7 round.

Ordnance
24 August 2015, 12:25
Accuracy discussions start at 1 MOA. Lol and I never make generalizations about profiles without discussing manufacturing processes and parent material type. Because both my SCAR 17's and my 16 exhibit some of the most best hot barrel accuracy I have seen out of any profile. They are what I consider a 1MOA weapons and that holds true after repeated heavy voiume fire and the first 5 shot group off a bench. The bigger issue I have seen with the LW profiles is the POI shift using a can. But oddly the SCAR barrels shift is minimal. Even less than a DD S2W profile. Now with something like those Faxon pencil barrels you are 100% correct. Seen one that started stringing shots by the 6-7 round.

Lol, I wasn't inferring you in specific homie. It was just a broad statement.

As for the suppressor, it's because the addition of weight and material adversely affects the barrel harmonics more on smaller profile than heavier, and every barrel (even 2 of the same mfg and size) will react differently. However, even without a can I've see POI shifts after strings of fire on a majority of the skinny profile barrels I've come across. The manufacturing process and material type are important, but it's going to happen usually no matter what, because of the nature of metal and heat. It's a proven fact that the heavier the profile is then the more rigid it remains. Obviously some barrels will string less than others, but most won't see the noticeable difference unless it's applied at longer ranges or in unsupported positions as the margin of error increases. Either way, every barrel is different, but my main contention is that a majority of the thinner profiles will still lose accuracy or experience greater POI shift than a heavier profile with the same like material, mfg, etc, because they're unable to maintain the same rigidity as heat increase.

Ordnance
24 August 2015, 12:31
Because both my SCAR 17's and my 16 exhibit some of the most best hot barrel accuracy I have seen out of any profile.

I have to say it, despite the backlash I know will come my way... I'm glad you get that kind of accuracy out of your SCAR man, but I highly suggest you never sell them then, because that is NOT the norm for SCARS. I have numerous friends who use them HEAVILY for work, and they have the worst time with them when it comes to accuracy and reliability then numerous other platforms. So much so, that they really believe the barrels that were used during the contract submission were NOT what they actually received after acceptance. It's unfortunate, but a little birdie told me about some changes coming that will hopefully better it...

SINNER
24 August 2015, 12:41
I agree 100%. Just trying to point out a heavy profile on a lesser barrel can often be worse with heat induced loss of accuracy. I knew you were not being specific in your comments. I was just being my normal smart assed self. Lol

I did find the weight thing hilarious. So true.

SINNER
24 August 2015, 12:47
I have to say it, despite the backlash I know will come my way... I'm glad you get that kind of accuracy out of your SCAR man, but I highly suggest you never sell them then, because that is NOT the norm for SCARS. I have numerous friends who use them HEAVILY for work, and they have the worst time with them when it comes to accuracy and reliability then numerous other platforms. So much so, that they really believe the barrels that were used during the contract submission were NOT what they actually received after acceptance. It's unfortunate, but a little birdie told me about some changes coming that will hopefully better it...

Mine shoot better than every other one I have shot. One of the 17's is actually more accurate then the other. The accurate one is much older so I do think something changed. Just picked up a factory 10" barrel I am really anxious to see how it does. Definitely not cutting the 16".

Ordnance
24 August 2015, 17:53
I agree 100%. Just trying to point out a heavy profile on a lesser barrel can often be worse with heat induced loss of accuracy. I knew you were not being specific in your comments. I was just being my normal smart assed self. Lol

I did find the weight thing hilarious. So true.

Lol, no worries. It's been a very long week for me, and I just wanted to be sure my writing wasn't being taken the wrong way.

Liberal_Strong
25 August 2015, 00:24
isnt the biggest issue with the g36 is that the pencil profile cant shoot straight after a few hundred rounds? i remember there being a huge discussion about it and hk suppressing those statements..

Thompson
25 August 2015, 04:30
isnt the biggest issue with the g36 is that the pencil profile cant shoot straight after a few hundred rounds? i remember there being a huge discussion about it and hk suppressing those statements..
Yeah - I remember reading something along those lines about the G36 ... and if memory serves me, it also did poorly in somewhat extreme conditions (ie: sandbox). I think.

Ordnance
25 August 2015, 07:54

Yup. That's why the Germans dropped them.

UWone77
25 August 2015, 08:07
Colt just needs an OEM2 with the SOCOM barrel.