PDA

View Full Version : Site Sponsorship

UWone77
2 September 2015, 18:16
Some have asked, so later this year, we plan to offer site sponsorship for members. $20 for the year and you'll get "Site Sponsor" designated under your screen name.

Sponsorship helps keeps the lights on of course, and the servers running smoothly.

We don't like getting something for nothing, so we're working on potential improvements for site sponsors, such as larger inboxes, discount codes, quarterly, semi-annual deals.

Suggestions?

din
2 September 2015, 18:28
I'm useless for suggestions, but I'm in as soon as you're ready.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 September 2015, 18:29
I like this! No, I love this! A bigger inbox and codes are a great idea.

What about a tiered system? As in pay more get more... A local site I frequent has a lifetime membership as well as just basic sponsorship. Life membership also gives you access to a members only area I believe... Just a few ideas that come to mind...

UWone77
2 September 2015, 18:31
Also we are looking for a vbulletin expert to do some work for us. Compensated of course. Send an email to john@weaponevolution.com if you know anyone!

DutyUse
2 September 2015, 18:57
Sounds like a win. Only suggestion I could make is maybe a site-wide autocorrect

alamo5000
2 September 2015, 18:59
Maybe say a sponsorship will give you priority for testing and evaluations? It's not saying other people can't or won't do them too, but if something really awesome comes along, the pecking order needs to get narrowed down somehow.

I will think on it some more and see what also might be an option.

din
2 September 2015, 19:10
Sounds like a win. Only suggestion I could make is maybe a site-wide autocorrect

But then what about luis?

alamo5000
2 September 2015, 19:19
But then what about luis?

It just wouldn't be the same around here.

GOST
2 September 2015, 19:40
Would be cool to see Site Sponsors being able to get first dibs on new products before release dates, like the Rainier Arms Avalanche.

toolboxluis00200
2 September 2015, 19:44
Also we are looking for a vbulletin expert to do some work for us. Compensated of course. Send an email to john@weaponevolution.com if you know anyone!

What is a vbulleting

toolboxluis00200
2 September 2015, 19:46

I see what you did their

SINNER
2 September 2015, 19:52
VBulletin is the forum software. Pretty sure a site spell check would melt the server somewhere in Latvia with Luis.

And I'd certainly pay to help out the site.

DutyUse
2 September 2015, 20:00
I see what you did their

I wasn't necessarily thinking of you when I wrote it, but if the shew dun phits ;)

Seriously tho, i hope your getting better brother. Your in our prayers

toolboxluis00200
2 September 2015, 20:03
VBulletin is the forum software. Pretty sure a site spell check would melt the server somewhere in Latvia with Luis.

And I'd certainly pay to help out the site.

Ohhh OK never mind

UWone77
2 September 2015, 20:05
Would be cool to see Site Sponsors being able to get first dibs on new products before release dates, like the Rainier Arms Avalanche.

That's definitely a possibility.

GOST
2 September 2015, 20:23

That's definitely a possibility.

Would definitely be cool to be able to get in line for some of the newest products before release like some of the top photographers in the industry.

toolboxluis00200
2 September 2015, 20:26
$20 a year. Good deal

mustangfreek
3 September 2015, 02:01

Humm......Wevo ginger....has a nice "official" ring to it....[BD]

What is a vbulleting

You are automatically disqualified...lol

I support this IDEA..[:D]

GOST
3 September 2015, 03:23
There is a slight chance that this Site Sponsor thing could get out of hand. Say a certain Administrator changes people's title under their screen name to something they don't like, maybe something like "Sits to pee". Then the only way he will change it is for you to become a Site Sponsor. But I can't see anyone changing member's titles to something they wouldn't like for amusement, there's no chance of ulterior motives.

BoilerUp
3 September 2015, 07:00
Suggestions?

One word: Boobies

Farva
3 September 2015, 07:16
This sounds like a great idea! I'll try to brainstorm some stuff... Now where's that brain...

six8
3 September 2015, 07:29
I'm in. How bout some stickers/patches for the sponsors?

velocity2006
3 September 2015, 08:35
I'm down. Sounds like a good idea.

SINNER
3 September 2015, 08:40
There is a slight chance that this Site Sponsor thing could get out of hand. Say a certain Administrator changes people's title under their screen name to something they don't like, maybe something like "Sits to pee". Then the only way he will change it is for you to become a Site Sponsor. But I can't see anyone changing member's titles to something they wouldn't like for amusement, there's no chance of ulterior motives.

It takes a real jackass to change someone's title.

Pyzik
3 September 2015, 09:47
I'd throw $20 in the pot even if for no other reason than to keep the lights on.

Uffdaphil
3 September 2015, 10:04
Sign me up. Only idea I can come up with is maybe a multi-year sponsor discount. *$90 for five years? $175 for ten?*

Jerry R
3 September 2015, 10:56
I'm definitely in on site support.

UWone77
3 September 2015, 10:59
It takes a real jackass to change someone's title.

I see a new title in your future... :o

SwissyJim
3 September 2015, 11:47
heck yeah I'm in for support. I ran a board for awhile, I know what's involved. Count me in!

Dstrbdmedic167
3 September 2015, 14:58
Well with the announcement of the Apex program. Maybe you could offer a slight discount on it for forum sponsors.

Pyzik
3 September 2015, 14:59
Apex program?

SINNER
3 September 2015, 15:02
I see a new title in your future... :o

I will demand a new title monthly as a paid sponsor. Hahaha

din
3 September 2015, 17:52
Well with the announcement of the Apex program. Maybe you could offer a slight discount on it for forum sponsors.

The intro price is already pretty darn low.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 September 2015, 17:53
The intro price is already pretty darn low.

Yes it is but I meant like next year when it's $99...

din
3 September 2015, 18:35
Yes it is but I meant like next year when it's $99...

Ah, I gotcha. That would be a better incentive for me than getting T&E parts and stuff.

Cotton68spc
3 September 2015, 18:57
I'm in awesome ideal

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

ROG
3 September 2015, 19:43
I'd be willing to offer discounts to Site Sponsors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
3 September 2015, 20:47
I'd be willing to offer discounts to Site Sponsors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I'll get with you when we sort out the details !

SwissyJim
3 September 2015, 21:20
Thanks Mike. I'll get with you when we sort out the details !
NOW we're cookin' with gas!! [:D]

DutyUse
3 September 2015, 21:59
Holy grail! If it wasn't incentive enough to join, now my major money reliever joins the fray

SFP Tactical
6 September 2015, 07:10
I could get behind this and offer some member only discounts!

Tyrannosaur
6 September 2015, 08:56
I'm down sign me up...

Bear Creek Arsenal
21 October 2015, 21:52
We would gladly offer special discount codes for site sponsors. Just let us know if you decide to implement this.

skd_tactical
21 October 2015, 22:01
I would be in too for sure! For my personal account. I need to remember the old logon.

SOS

Joelski
22 October 2015, 03:33
In.

Suggestion: don't tier the system. Being here should grant elite status based on good taste. Yes to a sponsor lounge.

Nobody pm's me so just go ahead and spam me with discount codes. ;)

Joelski
22 October 2015, 03:43
The reason for suggesting no tiers is based on experience. You have a relatively small core of regular posters and I bet, a lot of people like me read far more than they comment, or actively participate. Creating a system of elite and peasants would be divisive as it is in real life. I know of a large racing forum that had a "secret" board for their pets. The door got left open one time and many hurtful comments were exposed and the forum never recovered. Not saying anything remotely similar is possible with the great people I've interacted with here, but why create the opportunity?

$.02

SINNER
22 October 2015, 06:33
They have a LEO only section here where they plot seizing weapons from the common folks.

Joelski
22 October 2015, 07:49
That's the Liberals only section.

UWone77
22 October 2015, 08:21
In.

Suggestion: don't tier the system. Being here should grant elite status based on good taste. Yes to a sponsor lounge.

Nobody pm's me so just go ahead and spam me with discount codes. ;)

I don't think a tier system was ever in the cards.

Battle Cock
22 October 2015, 10:56
I'm not sure how I missed this discussion until now, but I think site sponsorship is a great idea. I think that most members who are willing to sponsor would probably do so regardless of any benefits associated with it. I don't post much here but I absorb an immense amount from the discussions and I'll be on the list whenever the program is initiated.

cjd3
22 October 2015, 17:57
That's the Liberals only section.

I've been missing the fun people section?

Joelski
22 October 2015, 17:58
If you say so, then yep!

SwissyJim
22 October 2015, 18:30
I've been missing the fun people section?
I think it's called the never ending entertainment section.

And hurry up with the sponsorship option! This extra $$$ from the PFD here in AK is going FAST!

UWone77
23 October 2015, 17:58
I don't think anything will be rolled out until January. First, we've got some things going on in the background as far as the site goes to improve it.

Farva
23 October 2015, 18:10
I would be willing to donate some form of sponsorship without any kind of special perk. I'm not sure if regular site sponsors get any kinda perk other than an add spot here and there but WEVO is always my go to forum. The info, knowledge and friendliness of the forum alone is worth my helping to keep it running.

tact
23 October 2015, 20:01
I'm in.....

Lkb513
24 October 2015, 00:57
Count me in.