PDA

View Full Version : FIREClean, a 1-year use review

JGifford
18 September 2015, 17:22
I purchased a .22 suppressor (because everyone said I should, I had multiple 5.56 cans by this time...), and guess what? You should! They are amazingly fun on a pistol.

One thing they are not, though, is amazingly fun to clean.

I had previously used FIREClean on a limited basis, unsuppressed, on my AR's, and didn't really see much special about it. It worked. However, many people were using the stuff on suppressed firearms and raving about how well it did. Even the Fireclean website focused on a .22 pistol. As I discovered, suppressed especially, they get FILTHY!

Anyway, coincidentally, I have arrived at approximately the 1-year use mark without cleaning/adding lube to my .22 pistol. Now, sadly, it was not fired NEAR as often as I had hoped, what with .22 ammo over the last year being so expensive that I felt like I was getting ripped off to buy any. I only put about 500 rounds through it during that time, about 350 rounds last year, and 150 this morning. It sat in a cabinet for the remainder of that year pretty much.

Anyway, how did FIREClean do? Was it easy to clean the pistol? Did it gum it all up? I made a video showing what I found when I broke the weapon down, and cleaned it. What I did NOT show, is after the video, I took a nylon brush (like a USGI brush, except COTS), wet it with fireclean, and removed the fouling from the breech face. It was quick and easy to do. Other than that, the video is a pretty complete account of my experiment of: How does FIREClean do, long-term, on a dirty, high-fouling weapon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBPB5NmBEII

alamo5000
18 September 2015, 17:44
No offense but I don't know if I want to watch a 17 minute video about gun cleaning [BD]

JGifford
18 September 2015, 17:49
No offense but I don't know if I want to watch a 17 minute video about gun cleaning [BD]

I don't blame you!

DL/DW:

No gumminess, wiped off easily, G2G!