PDA

View Full Version : Review: JM Custom AIWB Holster - Glock 19

voodoo_man
20 September 2015, 10:20
http://i.imgur.com/vFnTj7Y.jpg

Reason for Purchase:
I had seen a buddy of mine run this holster at a weekend fun shoot and was told to get this holster to solve all my AIWB needs. I ordered it through JM's webpage which was pretty straight forward. I had selected the option for "extra tuck" and paid the added price for it. I was called by JM two or so weeks later asking me if I really wanted it, I do not remember the reason why he asked, may have been because of the medium guard and something about comfort. I told him make the way he would wear it and in the mail I got a medium guard with no extra tuck, I was also refunded the $10 for the extra tuck since it was not added. This was December of 2013. I have been carrying with this holster when I was not T&E'ing other holsters.

Read the full review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/09/jm-custom-aiwb-holster.html

tact
20 September 2015, 12:40
Excellent and thorough review.....couple things.

Do you ever test support hand draws? Does this holster offer any benefit over the Eidolon?

voodoo_man
20 September 2015, 13:49
Excellent and thorough review.....couple things.

Do you ever test support hand draws? Does this holster offer any benefit over the Eidolon?

This specific holster is not an ambi holster, and if you mean do I dry-fire practice drawing other-than-strong hand then yes I do. I do not include it as people want to be shown how to do it and explaining it takes too long without video or being in person.

The Eidolon is a good holster that offers a lot in terms of adjustment and adaptation to your requirements. The two are really in different playing fields.

tact
20 September 2015, 14:38
I guess I'm missing something on this holster then. As I know it, AIWB itself lends itself to the benefit of drawing with either hand. So I'm not sure how this holster doesn't allow it. Also, I wasn't asking if you practice support hand draw, I just wanted to know if you include that as part of your review with respect to your draw.

voodoo_man
20 September 2015, 17:26
I guess I'm missing something on this holster then. As I know it, AIWB itself lends itself to the benefit of drawing with either hand. So I'm not sure how this holster doesn't allow it. Also, I wasn't asking if you practice support hand draw, I just wanted to know if you include that as part of your review with respect to your draw.

I guess we misunderstood each other.

Yes I include it in my assessment but I do not document.

Pyzik
21 September 2015, 06:05
Thanks for the review! While not a G19, I've been looking at JM's and a few others for my AIWB needs for my M&Ps.

I've been trying to wait patiently for the M&P Eidelon but was recently told by someone I trust that "it'll be a while".

schambers
21 September 2015, 10:04
JM is my fav go-to kydex maker. Great fit and finish, reasonably priced.