PDA

View Full Version : glock talk..

mustangfreek
29 September 2015, 04:18
Alright need a little input from you guys.Circumstances have left me to start to carry a G17 , so i/it needs a little help..It Has 500 rounds thru it and is bone stock,Trigger is crap..Feels like it breaks at 8+ lbs and is shit.....Worse then the g19 i sold last year...

Anyways have a LW 3.5' connector and zev extra power firing spring laying around, also have "heard" that the gen 3 trigger bar or trigger bar and gen 3 trigger setup is more better for the gen 4's?..Was gonna do a light polish when im into it, just curious i guess on a better setup here.

Also after a good holster as mexican is not comfy all day..[BD]

Have a set of sights sitting around i think, but before that i want to get this trigger better or im gonna sell it...Lol..Got spoiled by the Apex m&P triggers i had in the past..

Thanks

Joelski
29 September 2015, 05:32
A 3.5 lb connector swap and better springs is a cheap and easy fix. Made my 22 a completely different gun; smoothed out the pull and the break is way lighter. Feels almost like firing a .22 when you're used to the way the .40 reacts. Should be similar for your 17.

voodoo_man
29 September 2015, 05:52
Id stay away from the LW, or anything they make as its junk. Buy a minus/negative oem glock connector its good and polishes into a smooth pull.

Lots of options for sights, all comes down to personal preference.

How are you carrying? AIWB? Plenty of choices too.

Eric
29 September 2015, 06:56
All my Glock triggers remain stock. Add a tiny dab of grease on the contact surfaces.

Pyzik
29 September 2015, 07:50
ATEi is having a giveaway/contest tomorrow for a pistol overhaul. I love my ATEi trigger jobs.
Worth checking out.

mustangfreek
29 September 2015, 08:54
A 3.5 lb connector swap and better springs is a cheap and easy fix. Made my 22 a completely different gun; smoothed out the pull and the break is way lighter. Feels almost like firing a .22 when you're used to the way the .40 reacts. Should be similar for your 17.

Curious was this a gen 3 or 4?

Id stay away from the LW, or anything they make as its junk. Buy a minus/negative oem glock connector its good and polishes into a smooth pull Lots of options for sights, all comes down to personal preference.
How are you carrying? AIWB? Plenty of choices too.

I ended up with this in trade a while back. Also have heard to stick with the glock "minus" connector

All my Glock triggers remain stock. Add a tiny dab of grease on the contact surfaces.

Cant do it..lol..this gen 4 trigger is crap..

ATEi is having a giveaway/contest tomorrow for a pistol overhaul. I love my ATEi trigger jobs.
Worth checking out.

haha..i always enter the good giveaways..

mustangfreek
29 September 2015, 08:57
Allright so after that. Again gen 4 G17 looking to improve the trigger some..have a set of sights here already, but if i cant get the damn thing to feel decent for me like my other glocks in the past, i will toss this one and get something else.

So glock minus connector , what about the 3rd gen trigger bars, anyone swap one into their gen 4?

looking for just a decent OWB at the moment

Slippers
29 September 2015, 09:24
Dry fire it a few thousand times, it'll smooth out. :)

DeviantLogic
29 September 2015, 10:01
First thing I'd do is polish the hell out of the internals with some Flitz. It's cheap and will reduce the grittiness seen in the factory trigger.

Joelski
29 September 2015, 10:23
Curious was this a gen 3 or 4?

Gen 2. Need more coffee!
:D

Bronco75
29 September 2015, 13:45
I have this in my G17 and I love it. I have done the ZEV fulcrum full meal deal before and still found it spongey and hated it. This Agency Arms trigger is very crisp. My only worry would be how light the trigger is...they claim 3.5lbs...but it feels lighter than that. I have not put a gauge on mine. There is a cunt hair of pre-travel and a very short reset. This is my nightstand gun...trigger is a bit light for carry for my tastes. I am a 1911 guy for the most part and have always hated the Glock trigger and this thing cured that hatred. It's the best $150 I have ever dropped on a Glock and I went full ZEV retard on one before to the tune of $1300 invested in a G23C. I will take this G17 with a $150 Agency trigger over that build any day.

http://www.rainierarms.com/agency-arms-drop-in-trigger

toolboxluis00200
29 September 2015, 14:27
You guys have some girly fingers lol

Dstrbdmedic167
29 September 2015, 14:53
You guys have some girly fingers lol

No you have sausages for fingers...

toolboxluis00200
29 September 2015, 14:55

Yes I do

JHoward
30 September 2015, 08:17
Polish, grease, and a 5.5lb connector and shoot the hell out of it have always worked for me. I never liked the 3.5# because there wasn't much of a "stop" before it would fire.

SINNER
30 September 2015, 10:37

That would mean he had no fingers because if they were sausages he would have chewed them off his hand

Dstrbdmedic167
30 September 2015, 10:52
That would mean he had no fingers because if they were sausages he would have chewed them off his hand

Haha

toolboxluis00200
30 September 2015, 11:02

Lol

toolboxluis00200
30 September 2015, 11:05
https://flic.kr/p/rsvqun

steveptr
30 September 2015, 12:15
Anyone try the ssvi Tyr trigger? I've heard some good on it. Looking to put in my 17 and or 17L they're out of Idaho and only run $150.

mustangfreek
1 October 2015, 04:06
havent heard of those ^^

Anyways..still curious on the gen 3 trigger bar, read up a little googling around

Badly In need of a holster and wondering if the resident WEVO holster maker is back up and running or..?...[:D]

steveptr
1 October 2015, 08:54
I heard about them from Jhon Johnston on ballistic radio he says they're better then any of the others he's ran. But that's person opinion

JoshAston
2 October 2015, 15:11
Anyone try the ssvi Tyr trigger? I've heard some good on it. Looking to put in my 17 and or 17L they're out of Idaho and only run $150.

Yes, I got in on the preorder. Excellent trigger! Much better feel than stock and ten times better than the Zev it replaced.

steveptr
2 October 2015, 15:14
Well that'll cost me 150 bucks to try. Shit. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JoshAston
2 October 2015, 16:45
To be fair, the Zev was a little lighter feeling. But it wouldn't reset without an 8lb trigger spring. It also fired on release, so it wasn't exactly safe. The SSVI is smooth, light, as crisp as I've seen a Glock, reset is short. I'm running Zev internals on the slide, a Glock - connector, and standard trigger spring.

DutyUse
3 October 2015, 22:10
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/03/c417aae315e0b2cc0ad3426b80decf39.jpg

My 42 and 43 are both bone stock with just some minor polishing. The 26 has a ghost connector. I've carried one Glock or another for awhile and I've gotten comfortable with the factory trigger's. All very consistent pulls, which I like for conceal carry. I do a ton of dry fire though.

Our MP 9 has a flat trigger from Apex I absolutely love, but it took some fine tuning to get reliable.

mustangfreek
4 October 2015, 03:44
Thanks Duty.Ya had a few apex equipped M&p's and they shot very well...

I also see Apex tactical has got a trigger setup coming for the glock

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/apex-goes-glock-with-new-action-enhancement-trigger/

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/102110-1.jpg

DutyUse
4 October 2015, 04:17
I've gotten to the place where I'm real skeptical to change anything internally on a gun I plan to carry. If it's just a range gun go nuts, but reliability is the name of the game for edc. I'd say nice sights, stipple and a good holster would probably be a better upgrade. I really like the trij hds and comps holsters. I'm looking forward to having him do one for the 43 when things calm down.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 October 2015, 04:50
I've gotten to the place where I'm real skeptical to change anything internally on a gun I plan to carry. If it's just a range gun go nuts, but reliability is the name of the game for edc. I'd say nice sights, stipple and a good holster would probably be a better upgrade. I really like the trij hds and comps holsters. I'm looking forward to having him do one for the 43 when things calm down.

I agree and I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. My 43 is bone stock with nothing done. I'm using the holster I had made for the 42 until he gets around to making some more.

GOST
4 October 2015, 18:45
Got to put a quite a few rounds through a G43 Saturday. I tried my best not to like it but that's a great little gun.

DutyUse
4 October 2015, 19:01
Yea I love it. I actually shoot it a little better then the 26 but I got medium to small hands.

steveptr
6 October 2015, 17:20
To be fair, the Zev was a little lighter feeling. But it wouldn't reset without an 8lb trigger spring. It also fired on release, so it wasn't exactly safe. The SSVI is smooth, light, as crisp as I've seen a Glock, reset is short. I'm running Zev internals on the slide, a Glock - connector, and standard trigger spring.
Placed my order for the tyr trigger today. So now just gotta wait for the backorder to be fulfilled

mustangfreek
11 October 2015, 02:26
Thanks fellas.

Got a Glock - connector and put that in with a Zev extra power trigger spring.Also a quick "flitz" polish and back together. Feels a little better in the pre travel, the break is cleaner and a little lighter..maybe a hair..It still bugs me..lol...Miss my old apex'd m&p's...

The Apex setup is on the list IF i keep this thing..I'll shoot it some and go from there, looking for a good kydex holster still....

steveptr
27 October 2015, 16:59
Just got my ssvi trigger I'll be shooting it this weekend. And compare it to my factory trigger

GOST
28 October 2015, 04:12
Just got my ssvi trigger I'll be shooting it this weekend. And compare it to my factory trigger

Look forward to hearing what you think of it.

steveptr
29 October 2015, 13:48
So far I'm really excited about this trigger. It's clean crisp shorter feeling reset still very tactile feeling. Can't wait to get 500 to 1000 rounds through with it on and make some more observations. So far I'm impressed. I'll have to meet up with others and try some other after market triggers to get a really http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/29/c3cebd37570f818b1c1a0f7cc916d95c.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/29/17a549da678a6d153dce88c30b5c721a.jpg

tact
26 December 2015, 11:21
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/26/31c3a1942139b5302c84ff450571447d.jpg

Deadwing
27 December 2015, 01:20
All my Glocks (Gen 2 and Gen 3) have bone stock factory triggers (standard 5# connector and trigger spring) with two exceptions: 1.) My Glock 19s have had the serrated triggers replaced with the smooth faced Glock factory triggers from the G17 (which doesn't change the pull or break, just gets rid of the annoying-to-me serrated trigger face) and 2.) My G42 (which out of the box had the worst trigger pull of any Glock i've ever fired) has a Ghost 3.5# connector. Call me crazy, but i actually like the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glock triggers. Once you put some rounds through them, they break in and smooth out really nice i've found.

I played around with the minus connector and various trigger spring combinations for a while, and found the minus connector felt best to me with an NY1 trigger spring. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but my calibrated Mk 1 Trigger Finger thought that combination felt ever so slightly heavier than the well broken-in stock trigger parts they replaced, but had a very smooth, linear take-up with a rolling break. I actually liked it quite a bit, but factory minus connectors were vaporware at the time so i put it back to stock to keep all my Glock triggers the same.

As for the Gen 4 guns, i've read that Glock revised the trigger bar geometry compared to the Gen 3 guns, and also include a "dot" connector with them (supposedly something between the standard and minus connectors). I've only dry fired a Gen 4 gun, and didn't care for the trigger. By all accounts, replacing the trigger bar in a Gen 4 gun with the Gen 3 trigger bar, and the dot connector with the standard connector will bring the trigger back to the familiar feel of the earlier generation guns. I've been considering a Gen 4 G19 as a suppressor host, and i've got spare trigger parts ready to install.

My only real complaint with factory Glock triggers is the little trigger safety nub can irritate my trigger finger when i'm not shooting with gloves. The Apex trigger looks like a nice fix, and i may try one out. Only problem would be if i liked it, i'd have to buy four more. Which sucks, because at almost $100 a piece, that's one fifth the price of the gun. Add in the cost of decent sights, and the budget Glock is now in Sig and HK territory, price wise. Which is crazy to me, because it's a Glock lol.

gatordev
27 December 2015, 09:08
As for the Gen 4 guns, i've read that Glock revised the trigger bar geometry compared to the Gen 3 guns, and also include a "dot" connector with them (supposedly something between the standard and minus connectors). I've only dry fired a Gen 4 gun, and didn't care for the trigger. By all accounts, replacing the trigger bar in a Gen 4 gun with the Gen 3 trigger bar, and the dot connector with the standard connector will bring the trigger back to the familiar feel of the earlier generation guns. I've been considering a Gen 4 G19 as a suppressor host, and i've got spare trigger parts ready to install.

Admittedly with only two data points, I've found not all the Gen 4 triggers are the same. My G17 has obviously broken in some with just under 3,000 rounds through it, but even new, I found the trigger to be more smooth than my G19G4. Now with 617 rounds through the G19, its trigger is still "more stiffer" than my G17. Hopefully it will continue to wear some, but I have a feeling that gun will just need a little more trigger pull.

mustangfreek
27 December 2015, 13:41
I don't like my stock trigger in my gen 4 17...tried some zev springs and a polish job..little better....ordered a gem 3 trigger and minus connector to try next..

Would like to try an apex or something

FortTom
27 December 2015, 16:20
Glock armorers are fanatical about not modifying Glocks. For years, I ignored them, and having tried everything in the book, I've had enough failures to (almost) agree with them. Hard core mods should be for comp/fun guns only, not SD. There's always a but, though, and this is what I've found that greatly improves the stock trigger without making it failure prone.

1. Get the dremel and felt out and do the polish job. YouTube must have 500 video's on how to do this. I use a little Flitz and a small felt wheel.

2. Get a quality 3.5 connector. Unless you are really good with a small diamond file, stay away from the Ghost and others that you have to set the angle yourself with. Also, polish the connector, I do this even if it looks "mirror" smooth.

3. 3 and 4lb. striker springs are too light for SD, you risk light primer strikes, and I've experienced this myself. 6lb. is stock and too much. You have to google this, because it doesn't show up on their websites, but get your hand on a few 5lb. springs. Believe it or not, the extra 1lb. makes a big difference in feel. Buy extra's, they are cheap but hard to come by sometimes.

4. Change the stock 3lb. trigger spring for a 4lb. trigger spring. Trust me, it works.

5. Do not use the Titanium trigger safety on a Carry gun. I've seen several of these fail, at least 3. They make little or no difference unless you're installing a total comp trigger kit. Polish the stock one that came with your gun.

I do not use any of the commercially available trigger stops. I've had two or three break over the years. Or the set (adjustment) screw back out, or the whole unit crack. I would never, ever trust my life to one, although they do make a nice trigger, I feel these should ONLY be competition additions.

All of this gives you a much nicer, smoother and lighter trigger with a crisper break, not a highly modified comp trigger with a very short pull, light and crisp with a instant stop with minimal overtravel, but it will give you a much improved trigger that, if you do this and as you get into the project, will instill confidence that the gun goes bang when the bad guy makes it mandatory.

I'm sure many, many others have their own ideas. My combo comes from several years of trying about everything to achieve a "1911" and reliable trigger, and failing often, or witnessing others guns failing. Coincidently, I have a new in box gen3 G19, and the parts listed above sitting on my work bench, waiting to get my act together and get this project done. It takes 1 to 2 hours, depending on your skill level. If you have 10 thumbs, get a buddy to help you. You'll learn how easy Glocks are to work on. Good luck.

FT

MoxyDave
27 December 2015, 16:23
My Glocks get night sights, extra mags and a cheap holster. I'm perfectly happy with the stock trigger. To me a Glock is a tool and should be treated as such. To each his own ...

PS Get off my lawn!

FortTom
27 December 2015, 16:38
Thanks fellas.

Got a Glock - connector and put that in with a Zev extra power trigger spring.Also a quick "flitz" polish and back together. Feels a little better in the pre travel, the break is cleaner and a little lighter..maybe a hair..It still bugs me..lol...Miss my old apex'd m&p's...

The Apex setup is on the list IF i keep this thing..I'll shoot it some and go from there, looking for a good kydex holster still....

I have an Apex FSS in my .45 and .40. Just got a new 9mm FS, and while the trigger really isn't that bad, as compared to what the triggers were like in my FS .45 and 40's. Still going to order a kit for the 9mm though. I don't think anyone can match the feel and performance of these (FSS) triggers in any "plastic" gun, and still be reliable enough for SD carry. Absolutely love them.

FT

Deadwing
27 December 2015, 19:25
Admittedly with only two data points, I've found not all the Gen 4 triggers are the same. My G17 has obviously broken in some with just under 3,000 rounds through it, but even new, I found the trigger to be more smooth than my G19G4. Now with 617 rounds through the G19, its trigger is still "more stiffer" than my G17. Hopefully it will continue to wear some, but I have a feeling that gun will just need a little more trigger pull.

I don't necessarily think the factory Gen 4 trigger is a bad trigger. It's just different enough that i prefer the feel of the Gen 2/3 triggers. I love the factory beavertail backstrap on the Gen 4 guns (i hate slide bite), so i want to get one. And when i do, it'll get Gen 3 trigger parts. My experience with Glock triggers is much the same as yours: a few thousand rounds of break in does wonders to smooth things out and get everything broken in.

Deadwing
27 December 2015, 19:38
I don't like my stock trigger in my gen 4 17...tried some zev springs and a polish job..little better....ordered a gem 3 trigger and minus connector to try next..

Would like to try an apex or something

I don't mess with springs in Glocks, especially striker springs, unless it's a Glock spring (such as the NY1 trigger spring). Since you've got a Gen 3 trigger bar coming, i'd get a standard connector to try with it in conjunction with the standard trigger spring. I'd also suggest getting a NY1 trigger spring to try with the minus connector and Gen 3 trigger bar. The NY1 spring and standard connector is stupid heavy.

mustangfreek
28 December 2015, 01:47
Tried a minus connector and gen 3 bar with a polish.. Feels better then the stock setup, just changed the stock gem 4 trigger spring for the zev spring little better but still bugs me.

No one here playing with the apex glock trigger? Got a little x-mas money burning a whole in my pocket.. lol... And really liked my my apex m&p triggers..

I'm on the fence about one and picking up a trigger guage and playing around and getting some info.. On what is doing what with different springs, connectors and stock and Apex trigger

P39
28 December 2015, 03:53
I thought about an Apex for a minute, but for the $20 and some polish time, the Ghost ultimate will be fine for me in the short term. I need to reserve funds to finish my AR pistol.

Deadwing
28 December 2015, 08:00
I really want to try an Apex trigger. But damn, $100 for Glock trigger? I mean, it's a Glock! It chaps my ass having to lay out cash for sights that don't suck when I buy a Glock lol. If I break down and order an Apex trigger, I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it here.

P39
28 December 2015, 12:03
^^^I've had the very same thoughts.

Battle Cock
28 December 2015, 13:26
I really want to try an Apex trigger. But damn, $100 for Glock trigger? I mean, it's a Glock! It chaps my ass having to lay out cash for sights that don't suck when I buy a Glock lol. If I break down and order an Apex trigger, I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it here.

I'm building a stupid expensive Glock project gun (I'm already $600+ in on aftermarket parts before paying for custom milling or a trigger) and I've waffled on which trigger to go with for it. The recent C&D debacle with S&W pretty much sealed the deal on the Apex trigger for the build.

P39
28 December 2015, 17:23
I'm building a stupid expensive Glock project gun (I'm already $600+ in on aftermarket parts before paying for custom milling or a trigger) and I've waffled on which trigger to go with for it. The recent C&D debacle with S&W pretty much sealed the deal on the Apex trigger for the build.

Be sure to share that beast when complete. I'm certainly interested.

Deadwing
28 December 2015, 19:39

Yowza!!! That's gonna be one hell of a Glock! Apex makes some quality stuff. I'm sure their Glock trigger will be no exception. As for S&W, it sounds like they got a bad case of butthurt because the stock triggers in their semi-auto guns suck and no one can stand them.

P39
30 December 2015, 18:41
Impulse buy today.......bought a Vickers Tactical G17. I just couldn't walk away from it....

mustangfreek
31 December 2015, 00:23
Lol...

I was the other way , had the Apex trigger in my cart..but chickened out... Lol

mustangfreek
31 January 2016, 02:43
Anyone else playing around with the apex trigger yet?

Thoughts?

Aragorn
19 February 2016, 11:25
Oooook.

Yesterday I received a Glock Kraft D.A.T. V2 trigger. Now, according to reviews and other internet here say it's supposed to be better than the Agency trigger, the Apex, and the Tyr.

Today I emailed them about returning it.

Yes, it had less pretravel, and an almost indiscernible amount less of over travel. It didn't seem to break a whole hell of a lot cleaner. Overall it just didn't seem that radically different from OEM other than having a wide flat face, and it was REALLY wide. Here's the thing, pretravel doesn't bother me. Over travel bugs the $h!t out of me. I've got a Ghost 3.5 Rocket coming which should take care of that.

Am I missing something here? Little to nothing about the trigger made me think I should be able to shoot it much better than an OEM.

mustangfreek
4 May 2016, 17:08
Ok...

Been swapping parts in my gen 4 17 , and still am not happy seems worse this go around..

Full polish job...didn't notice much
..then...swapped in lone wolf connector and zev 6lb trigger spring...ehhh Allright
Then " - " connector , polish job and same spring .. Better then before

Last run and feels worse and um even shooting worse

Repolish, "-" connector , zev 6lb spring and swapped out the gen 4 trigger bar for a gen 3 bar..seems more mushy then ever with this

Ideas?
Apex trigger in the flick is an idea but have heard mixed reviews.
Throw the stock trigger spring in is one ..but damnit..need to do something before I trade it for a M&P with a apex..loved that setup

Deadwing
5 May 2016, 22:03
Ok...

Been swapping parts in my gen 4 17 , and still am not happy seems worse this go around..

Full polish job...didn't notice much
..then...swapped in lone wolf connector and zev 6lb trigger spring...ehhh Allright
Then " - " connector , polish job and same spring .. Better then before

Last run and feels worse and um even shooting worse

Repolish, "-" connector , zev 6lb spring and swapped out the gen 4 trigger bar for a gen 3 bar..seems more mushy then ever with this

Ideas?
Apex trigger in the flick is an idea but have heard mixed reviews.
Throw the stock trigger spring in is one ..but damnit..need to do something before I trade it for a M&P with a apex..loved that setup

I liked the Glock NY1 trigger spring (8# i think) best with the "-" connector.

Ultimately, all my Glocks wound up with completely box stock triggers: standard trigger spring, the standard 5# (unmarked) connector, and gen 3 trigger bars (with the exception of my lone gen 2).

mustangfreek
9 May 2016, 14:15
Thanks for the info , don't have any Ny springs around, thru back in the stock trigger spring, with the zev it felt more mushy..

Deadwing
11 May 2016, 17:58
Thanks for the info , don't have any Ny springs around, thru back in the stock trigger spring, with the zev it felt more mushy..

I might have a spare. Let me dig around in my parts bin this weekend and see what i can find.

mustangfreek
22 July 2016, 03:13
Bump...

The talk on the other thread kinda sparked my interest again on the glock triggers.

I picked something else and want to chsge up the trigger in my 17, played with multiple bars, disconnects, polishing and it all helps a little but.....

So trigger setups.. The agency seems like a good one and gets good reviews mostly, who's playing with them..? Good to go for the price?

What about the tyrr trigger anyone have one , thoughts?

Any others that are good for the price ? How is the apex fir those running one?

I'm always curious as none around here to play with nor do I know anyone that has any to play with

Jerry R
22 July 2016, 09:09
Any others that are good for the price ?

a) I don't know anything about Glock accessories.

b) I have one Glock.

c) It was a used Gen-4 G21 that had less than 100 rounds through it when I bought it. Lots of accessories, including night sites and an unfired Lone Wolf threaded barrel (package still sealed), and extra magazines, purchased from a local LEO.

d) It has a Johnny Glock Level 1 Combat/Carry Trigger Kit installed by a local Glock Armorer (LEO had it done, was in the pistol when I got it)

e) Trigger breaks around 4.25 (average) crisp and clean, good reset. I like it.

f) All the original parts came with the pistol in case I wanted to revert to factory "stuff".

g) I'm keeping the Johnny Glock trigger in it.

And, I know this probably didn't help much [BD] (but the trigger is nice)

din
22 July 2016, 17:26
I have the GlockKraft TAC trigger in my 17. It was recommended to me as being one of the few aftermarket triggers that doesn't defeat any of the internal safety features of the pistol. I like flat trigger shoes, love the ones in my 1911 and ARs, but I'm not entirely sold on the shoe in this setup. The action feels a lot better than the stock trigger to me, though, so I'll probably buy more for other Glocks in the future.

mustangfreek
2 August 2016, 03:26
I have the GlockKraft TAC trigger in my 17. It was recommended to me as being one of the few aftermarket triggers that doesn't defeat any of the internal safety features of the pistol. I like flat trigger shoes, love the ones in my 1911 and ARs, but I'm not entirely sold on the shoe in this setup. The action feels a lot better than the stock trigger to me, though, so I'll probably buy more for other Glocks in the future.

I just came here go post up who is using one of the over watch triggers and what you thought of it, been reading up and of them all seems the over watch, agency and apex are about the best that don't defeat any of the safeties and the over watch being the best at reducing the pretravel and reset, and apex for being decent but actually increasing LOP, and agency 2nd in terms of pre/over travel but not much more then factory

One thing that I'm curious is, how wide the over watch and agency trigger shoes are compared to the stock ones, ?

And what's anyone else using a OW trigger conclusions are and comparing the agency and OW would be nice

mustangfreek
3 August 2016, 16:21
No info^^

Curious on the size difference of the trigger shoe and overall the feedback on these...

mustangfreek
9 August 2016, 03:21
Not so much glock talk going on around here...wth...lol

Traded some crap and ended up with a G4/34 and I've wanted one for a while but the trigger is the worst I've felt in any glock so far, what gives as I THOUGHT the 34/35's had a slightly better trigger out of the box then the others.. So now looking to improve it somehow..

Not sure on the trigger pull as no guage around but it's heavy

Deadwing
9 August 2016, 03:31
I was under the impression that the only difference in the G34/35 trigger was that it came with a "-" connector from the factory.

mustangfreek
18 August 2016, 02:05
I was under the impression that the only difference in the G34/35 trigger was that it came with a "-" connector from the factory.

Yes appears so...even though it seems on par with a std gen 4 setup not sure what's up , need to find some time and break it down clean/inspect/polish and see if it helps

UWone77
18 August 2016, 05:43
Not so much glock talk going on around here...wth...lol

Traded some crap and ended up with a G4/34 and I've wanted one for a while but the trigger is the worst I've felt in any glock so far, what gives as I THOUGHT the 34/35's had a slightly better trigger out of the box then the others.. So now looking to improve it somehow..

Not sure on the trigger pull as no guage around but it's heavy

After using the ZEV trigger, the reset and speed as spoiled me as I really never had issue with the stock trigger. Nice grab on G34. I just ordered another 17 and 19 for future project guns.

SINNER
18 August 2016, 06:21
A friend of mine came over to use my trigger scale on his G34 because he felt it was far too heavy. 10 pull average was well over 7lbs. He said it states 4.5lb on the box. He had no interest in touching anything so he's sending it back.

mustangfreek
20 August 2016, 01:47
After using the ZEV trigger, the reset and speed as spoiled me as I really never had issue with the stock trigger. Nice grab on G34. I just ordered another 17 and 19 for future project guns.

Glock whore...lol ...but are you using the ultimate kit with the striker and spring or just the fulcrum kit..? Wish I could play with one first..DSG arms has the fulcrum kit on sale for $120 when logged in

A friend of mine came over to use my trigger scale on his G34 because he felt it was far too heavy. 10 pull average was well over 7lbs. He said it states 4.5lb on the box. He had no interest in touching anything so he's sending it back.

Wow..that's a heavy pull, no scale here it is definetly heavier then a recent gen4/19 I picked up not long ago..

Humm

Joelski
20 August 2016, 20:46
I'm interested in hearing opinion on the Fulcrum vs. Fulcrum ultimate kit as well. Not sure I buy that the pin makes much difference in overall performance.

UWone77
21 August 2016, 22:48
I've only got experience with the drop in Fulcrum kit. It's a great trigger with a fast reset, crisp break.

The ultimate trigger kit is for competition use only, so I have no interest in it. I just ordered 2 more drop in triggers. Thanks to the WEVO Ginger for finding that deal on DSG Arms.

mustangfreek
22 August 2016, 02:50
^^ just curious you have a trigger guage to check the trigger pull weight on those zev kits?

voodoo_man
22 August 2016, 04:32
I've got a fulcrum.

Super light and "crisp" is definitely a way to explain it.

I had to adjust it's weight up a bit because I constantly AD'd at the range.

Not for carry.

mustangfreek
23 August 2016, 03:43
I've got a fulcrum.

Super light and "crisp" is definitely a way to explain it.

I had to adjust it's weight up a bit because I constantly AD'd at the range.

Not for carry.

Interesting.......ad? As in accidental discharge?

Also are you using one of the zev striker springs they hand out in that kit? 2 & 3 lb or stock 5or 6 lb glock OEM

voodoo_man
23 August 2016, 14:07
Interesting.......ad? As in accidental discharge?

Also are you using one of the zev striker springs they hand out in that kit? 2 & 3 lb or stock 5or 6 lb glock OEM

I used the OEM items in their kit and quickly realized there was an issue.

The gun wouldn't cycle properly with anything that wasn't +P, and sometimes it would fail to feed. Then I'd get dead triggers on the reset and light primer strikes.

I took all the aftermarket stuff out except the trigger and it helped but still got AD's (accidental discharge) randomly while presenting since I always prep the trigger on presentation. It was very light.

mustangfreek
24 August 2016, 03:37
Humm that's not cool..was that using their striker springs?

Joelski
24 August 2016, 14:52
I used the OEM items in their kit and quickly realized there was an issue.

The gun wouldn't cycle properly with anything that wasn't +P, and sometimes it would fail to feed. Then I'd get dead triggers on the reset and light primer strikes.

I took all the aftermarket stuff out except the trigger and it helped but still got AD's (accidental discharge) randomly while presenting since I always prep the trigger on presentation. It was very light.

Did you change the guide rod spring, or was it already different than stock? I ask because I had a guy tell me that too heavy or light can throw a lot off on Glocks. To hear him tell it, it seemed taboo to change that one spring. You'd get everything from FTF's to stopped up bowels, don't do it! [:D]

voodoo_man
25 August 2016, 06:13
Did you change the guide rod spring, or was it already different than stock? I ask because I had a guy tell me that too heavy or light can throw a lot off on Glocks. To hear him tell it, it seemed taboo to change that one spring. You'd get everything from FTF's to stopped up bowels, don't do it! [:D]

I changed everything that came with the kit and then I changed it back to OEM.

mustangfreek
26 August 2016, 14:54
Anyone using a lightened striker like the zev ( which there is 2 listed for the 9mm's not sure the difference) with a 3-4lb spring and a agency, over watch trigger?

How is it? And reliable as no light strikes or?

I changed everything that came with the kit and then I changed it back to OEM.

Thanks for the info voodoo.