PDA

View Full Version : Head scratcher...

Joelski
30 September 2015, 13:05
Okay, I'm not a total noob, but this time it feels like it. I bought some BAD enhanced pivot and takedown pins and the takedown is easy, but short of cutting off the old pin, how the hell do I get the retainer pin and spring out?

I have put things on backward (and liked it!), I've installed completely un-necessary parts for no good reason. I submit to you, the experts with hat in hand and humility laid bare. Be gentle with the baby, Ward. You were here once! [:D]

At least by the time I get to the firing line, it goes BANG! instead of KA-BOOM!

six8
30 September 2015, 13:19
Too late now the pins are useless. Send them to me 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
30 September 2015, 13:21
Pull your pivot pin out till it stops. There should be a small hole in your pivot pin that now lines up with the detent. Insert something like a paper clip into the hole to disengage the detent. Once detent is disengaged spin the pin so that the detent is no longer in the channel and pull the pin out.

Slippers
30 September 2015, 13:31
And use another pin or appropriate sized shank on a drill bit from the opposite side to keep the detent and spring from flying out. Then you can easily insert the new pin.

RogerRonas
30 September 2015, 13:45
This is how I do it. ^^ above 2 posts.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 September 2015, 13:57
Yea I do the paper clip the few times I've removed them. Standard bad pins have the magnet and makes for a super quick and easy installation

Joelski
30 September 2015, 15:15
Thanks guys!

din
30 September 2015, 19:37
Which gun are the new pins going in?

Aberration79
5 October 2015, 14:40
Youtube it. Video is worth a million words.