PDA

View Full Version : Oregon, Umpquoa Community College Shooting

voodoo_man
2 October 2015, 09:38
Posted an article on my site - http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/10/oregon-umpqua-community-college-shooting.html - figured I'd post up here since we have a good community that would benefit from some reinforcement.

velocity2006
2 October 2015, 09:51
I live in Roseburg, and my mom is a professor at UCC (she is okay thankfully). Been a crazy week.

WHSmithIV
2 October 2015, 09:52
The stupidest concept in the world is the 'gun free zone'. All it does is create an easy target. Idaho, Utah and Colorado are the only 3 states with campus carry. Here in Idaho, anyone with a CCW can carry on a campus. The state made it a law a year ago.

velocity2006
2 October 2015, 09:55
Agreed, and the community is extremely tired of hearing it's Americas fault that we didn't pass stricter gun legislation. My FB is filled with people mad about Obama's soap boxing his gun grabbing bs off of this tragedy.

Slippers
2 October 2015, 10:06
Panic ammo buyers are out in force. They almost crashed SG Ammo's site last night, according to what the owner posted on arfcom.

UWone77
2 October 2015, 10:24
Interesting to see the shift is towards ammo vs hardware. I guess everyone in the last panic got all the guns they needed. Now they just need to keep them fed.

DutyUse
2 October 2015, 10:35
Stick posted an excellent article about his thoughts on the shooting via Facebook. if anyone hasn't seen it, it's certainly worth the read

GaSwamper
2 October 2015, 12:03
Stick posted an excellent article about his thoughts on the shooting via Facebook. if anyone hasn't seen it, it's certainly worth the read

^^^ Agreed

alamo5000
2 October 2015, 12:45
I live in Roseburg, and my mom is a professor at UCC (she is okay thankfully). Been a crazy week.

I am glad you and yours are all OK.

alamo5000
2 October 2015, 13:00
Interesting to see the shift is towards ammo vs hardware. I guess everyone in the last panic got all the guns they needed. Now they just need to keep them fed.

It almost seems that's what they have been going after if you ask me. It seems like they have little chance to ban firearms outright so they have to resort to other means. I could be wrong but something seems different. There is either some serious hoarding going on or something.

Farva
2 October 2015, 15:31
It almost seems that's what they have been going after if you ask me. It seems like they have little chance to ban firearms outright so they have to resort to other means. I could be wrong but something seems different. There is either some serious hoarding going on or something.

I second this. Everyone knows it would be a blood bath if they started going door to door collecting firearms, if you could even get any LEO's (city, state or federal) that would even follow such an order. Even the hardcore Obama kool-aid drinkers would be hesitant to go door to door when it's their life on the line for it. I think collecting or going after the ammo would be a more logical route for "confiscation"

DutyUse
2 October 2015, 17:18

Sorry to hear brother. I hope all gets better for your family. It's a shit sandwich being a firearms enthusiast and being from an area that just had a tragedy. I had a lot of friends and family turn their backs because of my stance after Newtown. I hope your community rallies around common sense more then mine did.

Txfilmmaker
2 October 2015, 17:48

So glad your mom is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk