PDA

View Full Version : Now i'll have to plan another one......

WHSmithIV
6 October 2015, 19:17
Went to Magpul's site to check on getting the OD Green trigger guard.... Didn't want to pay $6 shipping for a $9 part though. Ended up going ahead and getting a complete set of Foliage Green furniture too... MOE stock. MOE grip, trigger guard and carbine hand guard. Just to make the $75 for free shipping, got a pack of 3 foliage green mag dust covers too. I have a couple p-mags without dust covers anyway. The complete furniture set was $65 and some coins... Sheesh, go to buy a $9 part and end up spending about $78....

Now I'll have to plan a rifle for the furniture. Guess I better start looking for another deal on another stripped lower receiver.

cjd3
6 October 2015, 19:27
Free shipping, it's a myth.

Dstrbdmedic167
6 October 2015, 19:47
So instead of paying $15 you spent $75... [crazy]

WHSmithIV
6 October 2015, 19:50
Nope - bought $77.41 worth of stuff - all the Foliage Green at big discounts since they are discontinuing the color and just selling out what's in stock. Total was over $75 so the shipping was free.

The discounts are good too. MOE milspec stock is 39.95 in any other color. 27.97 in foliage green. All their foliage green stuff is discounted 30%. Magpul also is having some deep discounts on MOE handguards since they are discontinuing the standard handguards and will sell only M-loc handguards. You can currently get the rifle length handguard for 19.95 - that's about a 50% discount. They only have black ones left now. Mid length handguards are also 19.95. They do have a few colors of those still but no black ones now.

WHSmithIV
6 October 2015, 19:51
So instead of paying $15 you spent $75... [crazy]

Nope - spent $77 - but, did get a complete set of furniture.......... I'm going to build another rifle anyway. Just ended up getting some parts for it early I guess.

Dstrbdmedic167
6 October 2015, 19:52
Amazon had it for $11.65 with prime or $10.48 from another seller with free shipping.. Google works wonders.. You should know this better than anyone with your computer business...

WHSmithIV
6 October 2015, 20:01
Cheapest MOE stock on Amazon is $37 and change. I just looked. Cheapest carbine handguard is $33

I can turn around and sell the set on fleabay at a profit as soon as there's no more foliage green available.

UWone77
6 October 2015, 20:06
The biggest question is... where did Will get $78?! [:D]

WHSmithIV
6 October 2015, 20:08
The biggest question is... where did Will get $78?! [:D]

True! Actually, I just got a small contract for installing a couple CCTV security systems. I may very well sell the set of Magpul furniture in a few weeks when the color is all gone and get one of the barrels I need with the money.

GOST
6 October 2015, 20:08
Socks

Dstrbdmedic167
6 October 2015, 20:12
Socks

Crying!!

UWone77
6 October 2015, 20:15
Socks

Crying!!

You guys don't even screen shot this .... members are missing out.

GOST
6 October 2015, 20:25
Eric's fault.

UWone77
13 October 2015, 21:30
Thanks for helping me down the path of getting sucked into one more Foliage Furniture "for the future" purchase.

WHSmithIV
13 October 2015, 23:16
Hehe UWone - I just sold the complete carbine set for a $25 profit. Debating on whether to buy another complete set to hang on to for a while along with a couple of the Foliage Green P-mags that are on sale for $9 and change. Right now I've been searching around for a 8½" to 10" free float handguard at a reasonable price.

DutyUse
14 October 2015, 00:30
Hehe UWone - I just sold the complete carbine set for a $25 profit. Debating on whether to buy another complete set to hang on to for a while along with a couple of the Foliage Green P-mags that are on sale for $9 and change. Right now I've been searching around for a 8½" to 10" free float handguard at a reasonable price.

Alg makes pretty nice budget rails

WHSmithIV
14 October 2015, 01:36
I know DutyUse - I may be getting a Yankee Hill Machine handguard in a couple days that someone changed out for a longer one. So, I'll wait and see.

WHSmithIV
28 October 2015, 22:07
Well, finished the 7.62x39 carbine pretty much. Still waiting on the pistol barrel. The JP industries handguard got moved to the carbine and a 10" keymod handguard is now on the pistol. Waiting for the ASC mags to arrive then, some final few things to do and it will be time to go testing.

Ended up sort of cheating with the carbine since mid length gas 16" barrels were so hard to find. I used a carbine gas system barrel, put a low profile gas block on with the carbine gas tube and mounted the A2 front sight with set screws on a 16" heavy barrel. I did spring for one of the Right to Bear Arms & Supply nickel/teflon triggers. It's a nice trigger. That was $48 well spent. I have to order a BCG still but I do have the BCG that's in the pistol. This used both Anderson upper and lower receivers. The carry handle is Bushmaster. When the bayonet arrives, I'll see if it fits that flash hider or if I have to modify it.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r765/william_smith4/7.62x39Carb_zpseuuwmvgd.jpg

toolboxluis00200
28 October 2015, 22:32
Well done

WHSmithIV
28 October 2015, 22:36
Don't know if the bayonet is going to fit the flash hider though. It's an un-issued military surplus M7 bayonet. I might have to machine the ring to get over the flash hider. Just waiting for it to get here to find out.