PDA

View Full Version : Your last firearm

schambers
18 October 2015, 17:05
My wife was reading through the news and saw the latest gun-related headline; something to do with a shooting at a Florida zombie convention.. or something to that effect. She said I should probably buy something I've been wanting for a while, before next year's election.

I've been kicking around the idea for a little while, ever since the presidential debates started, and I haven't settled on a definite answer for myself.

So if you could only buy one more gun, what would it be?

Also, I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate.

toolboxluis00200
18 October 2015, 17:18
Link to zombie vattack ??

Jerry R
18 October 2015, 17:19
I would build a 308 SBR.

Naytwan
18 October 2015, 17:28
One is at the FFL right now. The other is I want to build a 308 pistol.

toolboxluis00200
18 October 2015, 17:28
Glock 19. Threaded and suppresit

WHSmithIV
18 October 2015, 17:32
definitely I'd do a .308 something. It's in the plan.

din
18 October 2015, 17:50
Another 1911.

Tyrannosaur
18 October 2015, 17:58
None, I'm gonna vote and get as many people as I can to vote. That being said I live in NY so I know people don't get off their asses so... I want a desert tech in 308

Uffdaphil
18 October 2015, 18:22
A Guncrafters "No Name" 1911. Hopefully it will be closer to next gun than last.

MonkeyBomb
18 October 2015, 18:29
The next one on my list is an M1A Socom Or Scout model.

GOST
18 October 2015, 19:17
Working in a 12.5" SBR now, but may get a G19 also.

UWone77
18 October 2015, 22:30
MP5 or clone.

UWone77
18 October 2015, 22:51
Link to zombie vattack ??

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/18/us/zombicon-shooting-fort-myers-florida/index.html?sr=cnnifb

toolboxluis00200
18 October 2015, 23:18
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/18/us/zombicon-shooting-fort-myers-florida/index.html?sr=cnnifb

Thank u sir

DutyUse
19 October 2015, 02:07
Probably would be a Mega 308 build

Pyzik
19 October 2015, 05:40
I wish I could say a SCAR 17 but that's dreaming. I guess I'd say an AR-10.

Slippers
19 October 2015, 05:53
No limit on price? I shot an m60e4 on Saturday. That would be the one. :)

Thompson
19 October 2015, 07:40
I'd say it'd be either the X95 in it's Military (SBR) configuration or a G19 (independent of age, laws, time etc lol).

BUT, if I had to choose one, I guess it'd have to be the G19.

VIPER 237
19 October 2015, 07:49
Probably a Scar 16 and SBR it.

schambers
19 October 2015, 07:57
I've started focusing on another bolt action gun simply because they are relatively gentle on brass, and I would probably end up focusing on reloading.

Been kicking around the 308 AR idea as well. Others on the short list would be a nice 16" AR or another bolt action gun. Almost every rifle I own has an NFA component so something that can possibly have less restrictions put on it would be nice.

I've also wanted one of the first runs of the Sig X-Five Six for a while now. They seem pretty impressive.

I'm surprised at how many people said G19. Figured everybody had one of those.

Pyzik
19 October 2015, 08:10
I've started focusing on another bolt action gun simply because they are relatively gentle on brass, and I would probably end up focusing on reloading.

Been kicking around the 308 AR idea as well. Others on the short list would be a nice 16" AR or another bolt action gun. Almost every rifle I own has an NFA component so something that can possibly have less restrictions put on it would be nice.

I've also wanted one of the first runs of the Sig X-Five Six for a while now. They seem pretty impressive.

Realistically that is my next gun purchase. Since I'll be doing a Glock 9mm AR I figured I might as well get a Glock. The wife wants something a little bigger than her Shield too so that makes the excuse even easier.

If we're talking seriously, bolt guns, revolvers ect aren't going anywhere. Same with shotguns.
I've really been wanting an Uberti 1875 Army Outlaw, a good .308 bolt gun and a Winchester Defender. But it's easy to pass on them now and get the "tacticool" stuff knowing the others will still be around in the future.

velocity2006
19 October 2015, 08:20
SCAR 17s or an M93 with the full kit.

nCarnage
19 October 2015, 19:09
For some reason I want a Kriss Vector Gen 2 9mm CRB. I dont live in a complete free state. So SBRs are kind of out of the question.

Pyzik
19 October 2015, 19:11
For some reason I want a Kriss Vector Gen 2 9mm CRB. I dont live in a complete free state. So SBRs are kind of out of the question.
I didn't realize they're making a 9mm.....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nCarnage
19 October 2015, 19:33

Yeah. Supposedly this time of year it should be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson
19 October 2015, 19:53
The age restriction is the only thing barring me from already having one [BD]

But yeah, I was surprised to see the same too.

BoilerUp
19 October 2015, 20:56
For those of you that, for some inexplicable reason, don't already have a G19, here you go: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=5481&name=Glock+19+9mm+Gen+2+Law+Enforcement+Trade+In

I think if I was going to make a rush purchase to pick up one last firearm before an impending ban, it would probably be a Sig MPX. I need to pick up an Aero Precision stripped M5 lower pretty soon, though, just to be safe.

alamo5000
19 October 2015, 21:32
For those of you that, for some inexplicable reason, don't already have a G19, here you go: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=5481&name=Glock+19+9mm+Gen+2+Law+Enforcement+Trade+In

I think if I was going to make a rush purchase to pick up one last firearm before an impending ban, it would probably be a Sig MPX. I need to pick up an Aero Precision stripped M5 lower pretty soon, though, just to be safe.

You're making me feel bad dude :) I am one of them that inexplicably doesn't own a Glock.

I have also been looking at those Aero sets. Those enhanced ones where the handguard attaches directly to the upper looks pretty cool.

DutyUse
19 October 2015, 22:32

You're making me feel bad dude :) I am one of them that inexplicably doesn't own a Glock.

I have also been looking at those Aero sets. Those enhanced ones where the handguard attaches directly to the upper looks pretty cool.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/153efbd22bd0aa5ad204fded76d276ff.jpg

Just saying might be time to take the plunge!

Joelski
20 October 2015, 03:38
Any gun? I want Marcus' Mod 0 from the movie. It's the spec I'm focusing on for my next build, plus think about it: when the guys "fell off" the mountainside, he temporarily became separated from his weapon. Yet the faithful rifle was right there, for him to find. That's a trustworthy gun! :)

schambers
20 October 2015, 04:28
I'm leaning hard towards a 18" OBR right now.

From what I've heard, the plan is to be able to swap between a .45 ACP lower and a 9mm lower. Don't know if that involves tweaking the existing receiver design or not.

gatordev
20 October 2015, 16:35
Any gun? I want Marcus' Mod 0 from the movie. It's the spec I'm focusing on for my next build, plus think about it: when the guys "fell off" the mountainside, he temporarily became separated from his weapon. Yet the faithful rifle was right there, for him to find. That's a trustworthy gun! :)

Luttrell actually stated his rifle was attached to him by his sling. It was about the only thing still attached to him after sliding down the mountain sides (he said he lost all of his kit pieces).

Sorry, I know it seems like an anal correction, but I went to school with one of the Operation Redwing guys (and he was actually in the back of my helo a year earlier), so just trying to keep their story unmolested by the movie.

That said, a MOD 0 or a MOD 1 is just plain sexy.

Joelski
20 October 2015, 16:40
Sorry man. I'm in the middle of his book right now. Much respect to all you. My cousin is a prior service SEAL. That said, that rifle is at the top of my list of gonna have.

toolboxluis00200
20 October 2015, 18:16

Yep. I seen videos

gatordev
21 October 2015, 04:28
Sorry man. I'm in the middle of his book right now. Much respect to all you. My cousin is a prior service SEAL. That said, that rifle is at the top of my list of gonna have.

My apologies...I think you're correct. I'm curious as you get through it if you read another part where his sling snapped but the weapon was still there. I was thinking about that last night and some vague memory like that started to creep back into my memory from when I read it.

That book was a little tough to read for parts just because I knew the inevitable for the guys on that -47. Made more frustrating since I had had the ability just a year earlier to tell Suh congrats on making it to his dream job. Instead, we were just really busy with an exercise and everyone professionally doing what we needed to do, so there ended up not being any time for chit chat. One of those things you just regret, you know?

GunnerJacky
18 December 2015, 21:51
I have a really good experience with Ruger guns and so my last firearm would definitely be any handgun from Ruger.

Joelski
19 December 2015, 03:37
My apologies...I think you're correct. I'm curious as you get through it if you read another part where his sling snapped but the weapon was still there. I was thinking about that last night and some vague memory like that started to creep back into my memory from when I read it.

That book was a little tough to read for parts just because I knew the inevitable for the guys on that -47. Made more frustrating since I had had the ability just a year earlier to tell Suh congrats on making it to his dream job. Instead, we were just really busy with an exercise and everyone professionally doing what we needed to do, so there ended up not being any time for chit chat. One of those things you just regret, you know?

Missed this post. I know exactly what you mean, but when the call comes in, it's on and business is business. Nothing to regret IMO, but I get what you mean.Bottom line is people that smoke and joke during training are learning to screw off during a real op. Doesn't matter what the real life scenario happens to be, it's not professional.

gatordev
19 December 2015, 06:09
Very good point.