PDA

View Full Version : Vortex HS-LR 2.5-10x32 FFP on sale

Former11B
21 October 2015, 07:04
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Vortex-Viper-HS-LR-Rifle-Scope/productDetail/Rifle-Scopes/prod999901368006/cat100738#gridContainer

Sportsman's Warehouse has the HS-LR 2.5-10x32 FFP (basically the PST without the magnified reticle or exposed turrets). The turrets are still adjustable in every way, just capped.

Price? $399.

I couldn't resist it. Should arrive in a few days and will be replacing the bulky 4-16x44 on my SPR rifle. Between swapping the scope and putting the 5.56 direct thread (vs 7.62 QD), I'm shaving an entire pound off the rifle.

SINNER
21 October 2015, 07:56
I picked up two from Cabela's when they had the same sale price a few months ago. I really like that optic.

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/DonaldFink1/image.jpg1_zpsx7dtasvs.jpg

Former11B
21 October 2015, 08:53
Ooooh I can't wait. I've always like the x32 objective

BoilerUp
21 October 2015, 20:49
I think I've already said this in another thread, but I know eventually I will regret not taking advantage of the fantastic price on these scopes, but I just don't have the spare coin right now. I can only presume that Vortex built way too many of them and/or is about to release something that obsoletes this. I think I saw even 10% lower than this a few months ago and I almost bought one then. These are a little on the heavy side (as are most of Vortex's optics), but looks to be an overall great package.

Joelski
22 October 2015, 03:51
I love Vortex' quality and even own a couple of pieces. They and some other companies are proof that Asian companies can do great things as opposed to what we've seen typically forever. I only wish it was a U.S. company, or anyplace but China. They've shown they can do decent quality, but they need to work on treating their people a lot better.

Former11B
22 October 2015, 05:46
I think I've already said this in another thread, but I know eventually I will regret not taking advantage of the fantastic price on these scopes, but I just don't have the spare coin right now. I can only presume that Vortex built way too many of them and/or is about to release something that obsoletes this. I think I saw even 10% lower than this a few months ago and I almost bought one then. These are a little on the heavy side (as are most of Vortex's optics), but looks to be an overall great package.

Not saying it isn't heavy (although lighter than my 4-16x44), the same size NF optic is 19oz compared to the 16.8oz of the HS-LR 2.5-10x32

I love Vortex' quality and even own a couple of pieces. They and some other companies are proof that Asian companies can do great things as opposed to what we've seen typically forever. I only wish it was a U.S. company, or anyplace but China. They've shown they can do decent quality, but they need to work on treating their people a lot better.

I was under the impression that the Razors/Vipers were made in Japan, and Diamondback/Crossfires in the Philippines. But you're right, I wish they were made in the USA

VIPER 237
22 October 2015, 16:44
That's a fantastic price. I put one on layaway at the local store.

Titan74
28 October 2015, 12:38
Currently they offer additional $50 promo code for Halloween so the price is $349.99

BoilerUp
28 October 2015, 20:35
Currently they offer additional $50 promo code for Halloween so the price is $349.99

Excludes Vortex (and most other optics brands). Just as well, because I really can't afford even $350 for that scope right now.

Titan74
28 October 2015, 22:48
It works for me. Just add the scope to the cart and check out, and a $50 discount will be automatically calculated.

BoilerUp
29 October 2015, 06:25
It works for me. Just add the scope to the cart and check out, and a $50 discount will be automatically calculated.

Ah, you're right. Interesting. The banner says Vortex is excluded. Sweet deal!

Edit: Dang it. Local pickup, so no shipping but WA's high sales tax: $383 out the door. I couldn't pass it up any more. That is too much scope for the money. Of course, now I'll need a new rifle to put it on.

Former11B
29 October 2015, 09:37
http://smg.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fv74%2FDownSouthTAS%2FMobile+ Uploads%2Fimage_zpsrkaqh5fc.jpg

It's awesome. I might get a throw lever for the magnification ring because that sucker is snug. Just needs use. The turret clicks are really sharp and crisp. More so than another Vortex Viper 6-20x scope I have. It is very nice

That 18" rifle looks like a pig but it's surprisingly light. Changing out the scope and putting a direct thread 5.56 can on in place of a 7.62 QD saved me over a pound of weight. The Parallax Tactical rail is also extremely light as well. Need to weigh it as is

UWone77
29 October 2015, 09:43
I've got the PST version of this optic. For $350 that's a steal.

Dstrbdmedic167
29 October 2015, 10:21
I jumped on this too. $377 shipped to my door

Former11B
29 October 2015, 10:45
http://smg.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fv74%2FDownSouthTAS%2FMobile+ Uploads%2Fimage_zpsb7kzshu8.jpg

And there's something about this optic like other quality optics for people who actually SHOOT. Some folks may never notice based on the type of plinking or "it looks cool", etc. A reticle that matches the turrets. Can't tell you how many , for example, mildot reticles Ive seen that have MOA adjustments. Having MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL is sorta handy. I've seen so many people that just have no clue about why it even matters....just buying gear

SINNER
29 October 2015, 12:22
The one above is on a 6.8 SPC. Not sure I will ever crank the turrets as the reticle provides all the holdover I'll likely ever need. Primary use will be hunting so I will never take a shot over 400 with that caliber.

But I certainly do agree with how nice it is having the reticle be correct to the turrets. Zeroing it was so easy.