PDA

View Full Version : Foliage Green & Ranger Green.

Bob Reed
11 February 2009, 12:03
Hello,

All the gear I have local access to is either Black or OD, but I see lots of stuff offered on the web in Foliage Green & Ranger Green, but the little color swatch's are so small and photoed in such bad lighting that I can't really tell what the true color actually is.

So, will you guys please explaine the difference between Foliage Green & Ranger Green? Of course photos of your gear would also be great as well.

Thanks for your help.

SHIHAN
11 February 2009, 12:49
Ranger Green is very close to OD. Folliage is the green in the Army ACU pattern.

Army Chief
11 February 2009, 13:15
I would agree with that assessment.

Ranger Green is essentially OD, though a somewhat nicer shade of it than you may remember from the old days, whereas Foliage is much more gray-green. It is an ACU shade, of course, but also reminiscent of the old Sage Green color that a lot of flight gear used to be made of.

AC

Stickman
11 February 2009, 17:24
To my eye, Ranger Green contains more gray than OD Green. OD Green has always been a bit bright for me when new, with a few exceptions.

Army Chief
11 February 2009, 22:51
I would agree with that as well, though in relative terms, if we say that RG has more gray in it than OD, then FG takes that much, much further toward the gray spectrum -- to the point where I would hesitate to even call it "green" by way of comparison. Side by side, FG almost looks like a slate or shale gray to me.

Since we're rapidly reaching the point at which words will cease to really be effective, I might recommend that you take a look at this page (http://www.emdomusa.com/whybetter-CM.html) at Emdom USA, which provides a reasonably good photographic overview of the various colors in play these days.

AC

Bob Reed
12 February 2009, 14:06
Hello & Thanks for all your replies, they were very helpful.

Thanks Again,
Bob