PDA

View Full Version : Maker Bullets (?)

SwissyJim
24 October 2015, 10:16
Anyone ever heard of, or tried, Maker Bullets?

http://makerbullets.com/

Found them doing a search, and they have some interesting stuff. Like subsonic expanding bullets for 300BLK, 458Socom and .223 rounds. I asked in the 300BLK and 458 forums but only got a couple of replies in 300BLK. Seemed favorable tho.

Nice thing is they are cheaper than Lehigh Defense and offer the items like the 223 and 458 sub expanding bullets. I have emailed with them (mainly due to the fact that AK was not a shipping option!) and have gotten great replies back, with load data and loads of help.

Decided to try some, found the free ship over $200 noticed, filled the cart with $204 worth and actually did get free shipping to AK. So have some subsonic expanding bullets coming for 300BLK, 458Socom and .223to try and test out. The .223 will be interesting, to say the least.

But was curious if anyone has used them before?

Dstrbdmedic167
24 October 2015, 10:26
Hadn't heard of them. Keep us posted.

Jerry R
24 October 2015, 10:29
Not familiar with them, but visited their site. Thanks Jim. Will be very interested in your results. Any chance of water jug expansion testing on a few when you get them?

SwissyJim
24 October 2015, 10:33
Not familiar with them, but visited their site. Thanks Jim. Will be very interested in your results. Any chance of water jug expansion testing on a few when you get them?

Nope... not in the plans.

However, I do plan on making my own ballistic gel again and using that instead [BD]

SwissyJim
24 October 2015, 10:50
here's a graphic I was sent on the 300BLK 200gr bullets. Sorry for the size but it's what he sent me.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165145882/shooting/maker300blk.jpg

Jerry R
24 October 2015, 13:42
Thanks Jim - I was just thinking water jugs would be cheaper. [:D]

SwissyJim
24 October 2015, 14:42
Thanks Jim - I was just thinking water jugs would be cheaper. [:D]
Actually, making gel is not that bad cost-wise. Amazon sells knoxx gelatin in 1# tubs so you don't have to rip open a bunch of packets - that helps. And, considering you can re-use it multiple times as long as it stays clean, i.e. not getting knocked onto the ground, helps as well. Besides, it's a TON of fun to pull it out and set it up on the range. Talk about a conversation starter!! Probably the most people I've had standing around me waiting for a shot was when I was shooting the gel.