PDA

View Full Version : Photography help

alamo5000
26 October 2015, 16:39
I am just curious if there is any reliable way to take through the scope pictures? If you know of any style or technique to be able to do it please help me out.

voodoo_man
26 October 2015, 18:52
I am just curious if there is any reliable way to take through the scope pictures? If you know of any style or technique to be able to do it please help me out.

are you talkin about a photo that shows the reticle and the background? Or just the reticle?

Thats just setting up a camera in a tripod, giving enough room for you manually set the focus, through trial and error, and figuring out your lighting (unless you do it outside)

alamo5000
26 October 2015, 19:01
I am doing the next review on the PA 1-6 and what I was thinking about doing a shot of the site picture at various distances out to 800 yards. Not really sure if its doable but it would be cool if I could figure it out.

Former11B
27 October 2015, 05:37

I've done a few

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/DownSouthTAS/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsnarysxxi.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/DownSouthTAS/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsaf11827c.jpg

I just rest the front of the rifle on something (stand, bipod, fence, etc) and then try to get everything else as still and as aligned as possible and snap the shot (with camera).

alamo5000
27 October 2015, 07:07
What focal length of lens did you use?

Former11B
27 October 2015, 07:28

iPhone5

GOST
27 October 2015, 07:53
iPhone5

iPhone 6 plus here[BD]

gatordev
27 October 2015, 12:28

That's always going to be the issue if you use a fixed lens camera like a phone. If you have a variable lens camera, I'd recommend trying to use that. You can see how in 11B's Elcan picture, it looks like you're farther away (and the image is smaller) than what it looks like in real life. With a variable lens, you may be able to adjust the lens, then adjust the camera camera position to the right eye relief spot to get a more "close up" view of the reticule.

Former11B
27 October 2015, 14:46
Zooming in some helps with the iPhone camera but too much and things get blurry.

I have another one through my rim fire scope that turned out really good

gatordev
27 October 2015, 16:38
Zooming in some helps with the iPhone camera but too much and things get blurry.

Yeah, zooming in on an iPhone (or any fixed lens camera) isn't actually a mechanical zoom, just "blowing up" the already captured image. With a mechanical lens, when you "zoom," you're actually changing the position of the eye and actually getting it "closer" to the image you're trying to capture (at least for up close subjects).

This concept seems to be completely foreign to my wife, who thinks that when she zooms in on her iPhone before taking a picture, it's the same as getting the lens/camera closer.

Former11B
28 October 2015, 21:13
Took one of my new 2.5-10x32 reticle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/DownSouthTAS/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsb7kzshu8.jpg

PB smashes the quality. I can plainly read everything on my phone

DeviantLogic
28 October 2015, 21:40
I'm not a photographer by any means (my phone is the only camera I own at the moment). Have you guys tried using any of the digiscoping adapters with any success? Considered getting one to put on my spotting scope.