PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Tailor coolness

jvencius
12 February 2009, 12:13
I'm not trying to brag on myself in any way at all but the more I think on it, the more I'm impressed with Tactical Tailor and so I had to pass on my experience with them.

About 2 weeks ago I ordered one of their Covert Carry Cases for my Sabre. While I had their rep (Jason, IIRC) I asked if I could buy a gift certificate and have it go to whoever troop called in next from overseas and needed to buy some of their gear. He checked with his supervisor (had to make sure they could square up the paperwork for doing that) but when he said they would be able to arrange that, he knocked the cost of shipping off of my order since he thought that was a cool thing to do. I had been working a metric chit-ton of extra hours so I had a few bucks to spend doing something good for the boys overseas but them shipping the case for free (not a small box, either) was an awfully nice thing to do. If I hadn't gotten the gift certificate I would have sent the dough to the USO but either way, a troop got taken care of.

bigcoastie
12 February 2009, 12:45
The thread really should say Jvencius Coolness, I'm sure you made someones day bravo zulu.

Stickman
12 February 2009, 12:54
My day has sucked hard core, and hearing this just made it better.

Thanks for sharing this, and good job all the way around.

jvencius
12 February 2009, 13:16
The thread really should say Jvencius Coolness, I'm sure you made someones day bravo zulu.

No way--what I did was nothing special compared to what the folks overseas do every day. They're the ones who deserve recognition and maybe a little something special, not me.

Stickman
12 February 2009, 13:41
No way--what I did was nothing special compared to what the folks overseas do every day. They're the ones who deserve recognition and maybe a little something special, not me.

I agree, but you still did more than the vast majority of sheeple will do.

Most Americans won't even think about our military today.

Bob Reed
12 February 2009, 14:23
Hello,

Sir, you did a very, very good deed, in fact, it's the best good deed that I can honestly remember hearin' about in a loooong time, and I hope your blessed for it in some way soon.

m24shooter
12 February 2009, 14:29
Good job J, and it doesn't surprise me that TT helped make it happen.

Army Chief
12 February 2009, 14:32
Not to over-dramatize, but little gestures like this really do mean a lot when you're about a million miles away from home, surrounded by people that would prefer you were dead. You may be able to put a dollar amount on the gift certificate, but the true value of what you chose to do is pretty priceless. Not a bad return on investment, if you ask me. Thanks for giving a damn, when so many others don't.

AC

TheGhazManCometh
16 February 2009, 14:00
Not to over-dramatize, but little gestures like this really do mean a lot when you're about a million miles away from home, surrounded by people that would prefer you were dead. You may be able to put a dollar amount on the gift certificate, but the true value of what you chose to do is pretty priceless. Not a bad return on investment, if you ask me. Thanks for giving a damn, when so many others don't.

AC

Couldn't have said it better myself. Over here, good news or a surprise that isn't bad, is about has hard to come by as a good night's sleep. Knowing that there's someone out there who is thinking about you is, as Chief stated, priceless. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. Thank you.

XCoastie
17 February 2009, 14:40
+1 You are a good man! BZ to you.

Now if we could get a couple polititcians that thought like you some of our Soldiers and Sailors would get a huge boost in morale. Or some help when they came home!

Nazgul
20 February 2009, 21:07
jvencius-

Got the "To the Bone" speech at work today, don't know what is going to happen. Will copy your example somehow this week.

Thanks for the idea.

Don

Army Chief
21 February 2009, 01:39
Don,

Take care of yourself and your family first, brother -- those of us in uniform have nothing if not good job security these days. ;)

AC

Nazgul
22 February 2009, 14:32
Spent 7 years of my misguided youth in the Marines. Will always feel a committment to my brothers and sisters who are serving.

Don

spartacus_seven6
25 April 2009, 08:48
What you did was awesome bro! Im about to go over for my 3rd time and it really makes a diffrence when people support you. The crowds at bangor maine allways make me feel uncomfortable but the lil things like what you did...it can really change a day, or a week even depending how much were sucking. I know my boys and I allways get wierded out when random people are like "thank you your hero's ..etc..etc" becuse so many have gone before and given more. I'm just one more guy in a very very long line trying to do it so my kids or brothers wont...no hero in any means. But when someone reaches out from the community and does a random act of kindness...that really hits home. For the joe who will never get the chance to say thanks, THANK YOU.