PDA

View Full Version : New UBR talk (aka the Drake and Larry show)

Stickman
21 September 2007, 10:40
In talking with Drake from Magpul, the UBR almost always seems to get brought up in some manner or another. The production models are slightly different than the earlier model I've been playing around with, but only in some minor things that aren't' going to affect its overall appearance or abilities.

Here are a few picture of Drake shooting the UBR on his blaster while working with Larry Vickers at a recent class. I'll point out that these are not my pictures, these are Drakes, and the only reason they are tagged with the WEVO logo is because we are hosting them for him.

Anyway, I figured a few new pictures of the UBR couldn't hurt, and it gives us a chance to talk back and forth about it over here.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul/image014%20WEVO%20hosting.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul/image022%20WEVO%20hosting.jpg

Paulinski
21 September 2007, 20:12
The usual question seems to pup up. When will the UBR be released? [:D]

Stickman
24 September 2007, 18:05
They are completing a few of the last steps to the best of my knowledge, but after the complaints they have gotten when they have given good faith estimates, I don't blame they for not given specific dates.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul/image019%20WEVO%20hosting.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul/image015%20WEVO%20hosting.jpg

Paulinski
24 September 2007, 18:33
Thanks for the update Stick. Nice pics as always.

cst
24 September 2007, 21:13
HOw long is that barrel.?..With the long handguard,,,makes it look real long.

The UBR actually looks better with the battery compartment covered.

Stick ..can you post some nice pics on a SPR with the battery compartments closed?

7KOPPER
24 September 2007, 22:19
[QUOTE=cst;432]HOw long is that barrel.?..With the long handguard,,,makes it look real long.QUOTE]

The upper is a 13.7 inch CMMG with a perm. mount KX3 for a total of 16". The rails are a 13.0 DD. I'm a big fella and was looking for a little more space on the rail for the scout light, pressure pad, VFG and still be able to hold with the offhand.

Oh, first post. Great job over here Stick. Thnaks for hosting pics for me.

Pullo
25 September 2007, 04:44
Does the UBR have any kind of shock absorber in it?
Do you like your CMMG, would you recommend their uppers?
Thanks,for the pics!

SuicideHz
25 September 2007, 18:10
Shock absorber or pad? I'm thinking you mean pad. I'm hoping that the buttpad is a little better than the CTR. It's nice and non-slip but it could have a little more cushion but really doesn't need it I guess...

m1371
3 October 2007, 17:28
So what's up with the Ranger plate on the PMag in the pics? Any scoop on that?

03humpalot
4 October 2007, 04:10
Good eye m1371, good to see you here.

Mike91A
4 October 2007, 13:19
Good eye m1371, good to see you here.

Me too. Magpul is such a tease .[:D]

Paulinski
4 October 2007, 14:22
Me too. Magpul is such a tease .[:D]

I just want the damn UBR's to come out;) I need one in Black and one in Dark Earth. Ranger plates for PMAGS would be uber cool too.

latino83
27 October 2007, 21:38
Any updates on the UBR? I want one :(:(:(

m1371
29 October 2007, 03:18
Patience gents. [BD]

I for one would rather wait for MagPul to get it right, straight from the get-go. Rather than deal with a Microsoft mentality of releasing a product with known "issues" and then plugging the holes later as they get around to it.

latino83
29 October 2007, 11:45
Patience gents. [BD]

I for one would rather wait for MagPul to get it right, straight from the get-go. Rather than deal with a Microsoft mentality of releasing a product with known "issues" and then plugging the holes later as they get around to it.

No rush. I can wait. [pop]

Impact
1 November 2007, 15:15
Multicam: check
Cool morale patches: check
PMAG: check
UBR: check

he's got all the cool gear !! :)

7KOPPER
13 November 2007, 16:02

That's cause I'm a cool MF'er.:P

Stickman
13 November 2007, 18:00

You left out a few cool extras on that blaster....

TigerStripe
1 December 2007, 23:20
You left out a few cool extras on that blaster....

Krink brake
Light or laser (I can't tell)
KAC rail covers
Magpul Sling Mount(?)

TS

Stickman
2 December 2007, 08:39
Magpul XT panels

Noveske brake

UBR integrated Ambi QD sling mount

Limited run DD 13.5" rail

Gear Sector GEN II ASP Sling

Magpul billet lower w/ MIAD

Magpul UBR

Aimpoint w/ mount

There is something else that one person IM'd me about that I don't have an answer to.....

TigerStripe
2 December 2007, 21:22
Magpul XT panels- I didn't notice the "pebbles" that's why I thought it was KAC.
Noveske brake- -Isnt that a Noveske Krink Brake? ;)

UBR integrated Ambi QD sling mount - Magpul Sling Mount

Limited run DD 13.5" rail - I didn't know we were to name the obvious.

Gear Sector GEN II ASP Sling- Obvious (to me)

Magpul billet lower w/ MIAD - I didn't catch the Magpul billet lower but I caught the MIAD

Magpul UBR - Obvious (to me)

Aimpoint w/ mount - M3 or M4 with Larue solid mount

There is something else that one person IM'd me about that I don't have an answer to..... Wasn't me

TS

latino83
7 December 2007, 21:26
I have a question. For people that order the Magpul UBR this week. What was the extra stuff they were giving us? I went to there web site to see, but the Magpul UBR was taken off. By chance do you know Stickman?

Stickman
13 December 2007, 10:01
I have a question. For people that order the Magpul UBR this week. What was the extra stuff they were giving us? I went to there web site to see, but the Magpul UBR was taken off. By chance do you know Stickman?

Ambi QD mounts

Rubber end plate

Door compartments

ACR cheek piece

TigerStripe
19 December 2007, 22:26
Ambi QD mounts

Rubber end plate

Door compartments

ACR cheek piece

I wish I'd had the money... :(

TS

Klutched
24 April 2008, 11:59
My UBR on my pimp-gun......

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/jnortham/New%20Gun%20Pix/IMG_0389.jpg

MrMojoRisin
25 April 2008, 18:17
He's sporting the MBUS.

Tell us about it please.

TigerStripe
25 April 2008, 23:36
I'd like to know, but much info won't be coming out for a little while. I'd like a couple of sets myself.

TS

MrMojoRisin
6 May 2008, 10:30
Oh I know I'm not gonna get any info, but I gotta ask anyway.

I figure I'll get to see the MOE/MBUS in Orlando '09 at the very least.

SHIHAN
6 May 2008, 11:26
They are supposed to be released this year so you should be GTG.

erslll
15 May 2008, 07:08
I see some shops are selling them in black now. Any info on when Rainier might get some?

SHIHAN
15 May 2008, 08:27
I see some shops are selling them in black now. Any info on when Rainier might get some?

Whos selling them? none of my Magpul dists have them.

MrMojoRisin
15 May 2008, 08:30
None are actually out yet, they must be spots in line for pre-orders.

Stickman
15 May 2008, 08:43
I see some shops are selling them in black now.

I'm curious as to what shops claim to be selling these, in black, or in any other color. Any links, or was this something that was alluded to...?

Stickman
15 May 2008, 08:45
None are actually out yet, they must be spots in line for pre-orders.

Kind of like the places that have shown the UBR as available for the past few years.

DepletedUranium
15 May 2008, 15:04
I'm curious as to what shops claim to be selling these, in black, or in any other color. Any links, or was this something that was alluded to...?

Global Tac "had" them, I ordered mine a few days ago and it should be here within a few days [:D], heres a link https://0186cdf.netsolstores.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=586

MrMojoRisin
15 May 2008, 15:35
That link has serious issues.

Pinnacle
15 May 2008, 16:42

LaRue Tactical has them in stock. I ordered two this morning and received tracking information around noon.

Stickman
15 May 2008, 17:26
LaRue Tactical has them in stock. I ordered two this morning and received tracking information around noon.

For clarification, I was responding to the post questioning the Magpul MBUS (Magpul Back Up Sights) availability.

Is this what you are commenting on, or something different?

Stickman
15 May 2008, 17:28
Global Tac "had" them, I ordered mine a few days ago and it should be here within a few days [:D], heres a link https://0186cdf.netsolstores.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=586

My antivirus blocks that link, is it for the Magpul Back Up Sights, or just the UBR?

Pinnacle
15 May 2008, 17:31
For clarification, I was responding to the post questioning the Magpul MBUS (Magpul Back Up Sights) availability.

Is this what you are commenting on, or something different?

My mistake entirely. I was commenting on the availability of the UBR. I'm sorry for the confusion.

DepletedUranium
15 May 2008, 18:18
My antivirus blocks that link, is it for the Magpul Back Up Sights, or just the UBR?

UBR

Stickman
15 May 2008, 19:57
Ahh, that makes more sense. The new UBRs are nice, you guys should enjoy them.

I think most people know they are available in all four of the Magpul standard colors (which could make Tiger Stripe cry).

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_9973%201028%20Stick.jpg

MrMojoRisin
15 May 2008, 21:48
Very nice indeed.

But I crave MOE!!!

Stickman
15 May 2008, 22:21
We should start a MOE thread, its already too confusing with MBUS and UBR back and forth talk.... [BD]

TigerStripe
15 May 2008, 22:23
Ahh, that makes more sense. The new UBRs are nice, you guys should enjoy them.

I think most people know they are available in all four of the Magpul standard colors (which could make Tiger Stripe cry).

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_9973%201028%20Stick.jpg

No coyote brown? :(

TS

erslll
16 May 2008, 09:03
Sorry guys, I was referring to the UBRs. I have one in route to me also. Black seems to be the most readily available at the moment but I know that eventually all four colors will be available.