PDA

View Full Version : SilencerCo ASR Blast Shield

cjd3
1 November 2015, 22:15
I was wondering "Why doesnt SilencerCo make a Blast Shield for their ASR mounts?" Well it turns out, they've jumped into the game.

SilencerCo's New Blast Shield (http://www.recoilweb.com/silencercos-new-blast-shield-75711.html)

Presently for ASR mounts, with MAAD mounts down the line.

Slippers
2 November 2015, 07:24
They should have followed Surefire's example on this one. Questionable aesthetics and a high price tag make this undesirable.

UWone77
2 November 2015, 07:44
They should have followed Surefire's example on this one. Questionable aesthetics and a high price tag make this undesirable.

My Surefire Warden should come in today. Total impulse buy.

velocity2006
2 November 2015, 08:14
My Surefire Warden should come in today. Total impulse buy.

Jealous, wanted to buy one, but picked up a Fathom EBCG instead.

SINNER
2 November 2015, 08:18

Not sure how you came up with a high price tag. At $145 it's cheaper than just a replacement ASR mount.

Slippers
2 November 2015, 08:26
Not sure how you came up with a high price tag. At $145 it's cheaper than just a replacement ASR mount.

It's all relative. I think $145 is expensive for what it is. And it looks ugly (in my opinion) compared to the Surefire.

I find it a little interesting that people put a brake on, then once they realize it's loud as hell and the concussion sucks, they buy a blast shield which adds more weight and negates some of the brake's recoil reduction.

At least the Surefire Warden looks cool, especially on a MK18 clone. :)

UWone77
2 November 2015, 10:52
I admit, the Warden was a purchase strictly for looks. I don't think blast shields are that great. I mean, you bought a brake for a reason right? Seems like shields are just to benefit other people at the range.

SINNER
2 November 2015, 10:53
I agree. I think those blast shields are stupid. I run either a brake or a can. If the rare occasion presents itself where a brake is too loud and I can't run a supressor then I just shoot with an A2 on the rifle.

tact
2 November 2015, 15:45
Agree on the stupid label......