PDA

View Full Version : Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS

Cotton68spc
2 November 2015, 13:30
Ask anyone what kind of scope should I buy ? And 9 out 10 times the answer will be spend at least what you spent for the gun . I have given that same advice to many people , because it's solid advice you can't beat the clarity of an expensive piece of glass .
But in today's economy sometimes that just isn't possible. Finding a budget scope that fits your needs can be a pain, with every company under the sun producing budget optics it's easy to get frustrated. I have spent hours looking and comparing and when I was given the opportunity to check out the ACSS I wasn't sure how I was going to like it. So the first thing I want to know when buying new glass is
DURABILITY
This scope feels like a high end piece of glass ,the right amount of weight without being a anchor. The coating is tough and spread even across the optic body. The windage and elevation knobb feel solid , so aside from dropping out of a 10 story building durability is what you would expect from metal and glass
CLARITY
In my opinion this is were more money equals better performance even with all the high end features of this optic you just can't beat the clarity of of a more expensive unit , that being said there is nothing wrong with ACSS and its on par with others I have used in the 250-300 dollar range
RETICULE
Now this is where the ACSS shines, and I will admit I thought that this reticule was going to be way to busy for my liking . It only took one look for me to realize that I was wrong looking through the scope your eye is drawn to the center dot and everything else disappears which is amazing considering that there is a aiming dot , a BDC , wind and leading dots , and a rangefinder all in a space the size quarter!!!!
PERFORMANCE
As I said earlier I wasn't expecting to like this scope but I was wrong . I was able to sight in at 50 yards with my 6.8 using Wilson Combat 110 grain Ammo I was able to hit a 10inch target at 300 yards using the BDC with ease and the scope held zero the whole time even though I had scope on and off the rifle many times

I would recommend this scope to anyone on budget it does everything from close quarters to long distance and is packed with high end features at a great price and will get the job done from hunting to defense

DISLIKES
Really the only complaint I have is the warranty it's only a 3 year conditional a lifetime unconditional would make this scope even better than what is , I could pick apart the clarity but at this price point I don't think there is anything wrong with now if it had a 600-1000 price tag I might be singing a different tune

Video to come in a few weeks when I can get out to the farm and shoot

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook