PDA

View Full Version : Hornady ELD-X with Heat Shield Tip

Former11B
3 November 2015, 16:57
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpan-7vTqes&feature=youtu.be

The meplats they showed on the BTHP bullets were the ugliest I've ever seen haha

Interesting they talked about polymer tips deforming in flight since they've been a key proponent of polymer tip bullets since for about forever.

Pretty impressive stuff in that video. Wonder what the price per 100 in .224/.308 is gonna be....?

velocity2006
4 November 2015, 08:14
I am curious if Hornady found this with other companies polymer tips or just theirs, guessing they use different polymers. I will say my Nosler Accubond LR load is sub moa and can easily kill out to 1200, so saying that the entire polymer tip bullet design is broken might be a bit much.

Former11B
4 November 2015, 09:42
I am curious if Hornady found this with other companies polymer tips or just theirs, guessing they use different polymers. I will say my Nosler Accubond LR load is sub moa and can easily kill out to 1200, so saying that the entire polymer tip bullet design is broken might be a bit much.

Saw AMax's on sale at Midway lol

And Sierra Tipped Match Kings...even if distortion does occur, does it matter? They're damn accurate...and lethal