PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday will soon be upon us.

Pyzik
6 November 2015, 07:01
Gun deals are coming. What are you looking to land?

I am hoping to score some of the following:
New Frontier Arms 9mm BCG
9mm barrel
Trigger
MAYBE a BCM stock

GOST
6 November 2015, 07:23
Some parts for my 12.5" assembly:

CTR and Enhanced Buttpad
RA Gen 2 forged upper
Unsure on whether I want to try an adjustable gas block, if I do then a SLR Sentry 7

Slippers
6 November 2015, 07:35
I'm looking for ammo and reloading components.

There will also be an Arisaka blem sale. :)

Pyzik
6 November 2015, 07:37
I'm looking for ammo and reloading components.

There will also be an Arisaka blem sale. :)

Oooh. I do need a couple things from you as well.

titanse05
6 November 2015, 07:52
I'm in the sale boat as Will. I'll be looking for deals on mainly 300blk ammo and components to reload it. Got enough primers and powder for 10k rounds, just need brass and projectiles. I don't have any factory ammo yet for 300blk.

Knowing me though I'm always game for deals on parts. Need to buy parts for my wife's first and only build.

velocity2006
6 November 2015, 08:09
Need to get my 300BO barrel dimpled, then I need to get a rail, muzzle device, and gas tube to complete the next upper I am building out.

DutyUse
6 November 2015, 08:27
I'd like to find an aimpoint t1 or trij mro on sale (unlikely)

If not I'd be happy with some magpul sales

Slippers
6 November 2015, 08:35
I'd like to find an aimpoint t1 or trij mro on sale (unlikely)

If not I'd be happy with some magpul sales

I know this guy, and he has an MRO for sale....

Jerry R
6 November 2015, 08:43
I'm giving some serious thought to a Gen-4 G41 MOS.

DutyUse
6 November 2015, 08:51
I know this guy, and he has an MRO for sale....

Don't tease me further the you've already done. If you've still got it in a few weeks I'm your man

MonkeyBomb
6 November 2015, 08:54
I am going to have to stay off the computer and phone and hope none of my friends tell me about good deals on parts. I can't afford to go nuts this year.

UWone77
6 November 2015, 09:07
Probably going to sit this Black Friday out. Have to let the wallet recover.

Dstrbdmedic167
6 November 2015, 09:09
Probably going to sit this Black Friday out. Have to let the wallet recover.

Words I never thought I'd see from you...

RiverRat
6 November 2015, 09:21
Aimpoint H1 / T1 with absolute co-witness mount (TBD)
BCM KMR Alpha 7 / 8 inch for an 8.3" 300 BLK upper
Geissele S3G trigger
A few small parts from BAD and FCD

The pipe dream is a QuarterCircle10 small frame lower + Gibbz G4 side charger.

UWone77
6 November 2015, 09:37
Words I never thought I'd see from you...

Bought my parents some new granite countertops and back splash. Also recarpeting the inlaws house. It's adding up.

Dstrbdmedic167
6 November 2015, 09:39
Bought my parents some new granite countertops and back splash. Also recarpeting the inlaws house. It's adding up.

Nice! Yea home improvement gets expensive...

Pyzik
6 November 2015, 09:57
Wow. Good man.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

toolboxluis00200
6 November 2015, 10:45
Nope noting this year

WHSmithIV
6 November 2015, 11:32
My list is long so I'm just hoping I manage to save some money for anything on it that is a really good deal.

Farva
6 November 2015, 15:42
I'll be keeping an eye out for parts for my 11.5" build

din
6 November 2015, 17:51
I'm just trying to be patient and not buy anything before the sales start. Not buying any new gun parts is the most difficult thing in the universe.

Tyrannosaur
6 November 2015, 18:05
Looking for a 16" 300 BLK barrel for a Christmas gift for a friend, BCM stock. Looking to get into the Remington 700 game so maybe some stuff for that too...

Pyzik
6 November 2015, 18:32
Looking for a 16" 300 BLK barrel for a Christmas gift for a friend, BCM stock. Looking to get into the Remington 700 game so maybe some stuff for that too...

Hoping for a decent bonus this year and WAS wanting to get into a Remington 700. That is until the Ruger Precision dropped like a bomb. Ugh.

GOST
7 November 2015, 08:01
Here's an early code, I ordered a Multicam Black cover for my Sordin.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12186658_912582948791127_105100492968869835_o.jpg? efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

http://www.griffonindustries.com

Pyzik
7 November 2015, 08:10
Here's an early code, I ordered a Multicam Black cover for my Sordin.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12186658_912582948791127_105100492968869835_o.jpg? efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

http://www.griffonindustries.com
Going shopping...

Tyrannosaur
7 November 2015, 17:10
Hoping for a decent bonus this year and WAS wanting to get into a Remington 700. That is until the Ruger Precision dropped like a bomb. Ugh.

Damn you, I looked that Ruger up and man that's nice and for 1399 MSRP. Plus it appears you can slap almost any AR handguard and a Magpul PRS stock on it. Looks like I'll have more to look for come black friday. Thanks Pyzik

Dstrbdmedic167
7 November 2015, 18:36
Well I got my Black Friday deal early. Not gun related but had been toying with getting a new 4K TV. Walked into Best Buy yesterday to get something else and ended up walking away with an open box 55" 4K 6500 series tv. The best part was it was only $400 plus tax. Tv new is on sale for $999. After talking with a manager he said He wanted it gone as they get charged for keeping open box items. Didn't have a remote but hell I never use that one anyway and my old remote works that one. Too good of a deal to pass up...

GOST
7 November 2015, 19:03
Sounds like a good deal, you should have enough money left over for a new mount.[BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
7 November 2015, 21:14
Sounds like a good deal, you should have enough money left over for a new mount.[BD]

That "budget" mount has served me well. I do have a MI mount coming for the 2.5-10x32

cjd3
7 November 2015, 23:50
I WANT to get a PA Advanced Red Dot atop a Scalar or Bobro mount. I also WANT a CMT ambi lower to free up my Aero for my 300 BLK build.

I NEED to stop coming to this site for 3 months and just be happy with what I've already got.

Deadwing
8 November 2015, 00:25
I keep toying with the idea of replacing my old tried and true passive ear pro with some active noise canceling ear pro. Finding a killer sale price on a of a set of Sordin Supreme Pro-X might entice me. I'm not holding my breath though.

I could always use a few more Geissele triggers. And i've got a couple uppers that need optics. Parts for a second 300BLK upper would be nice too.

I should probably be bulking up on ammo and magazines in anticipation of the shit storm that awaits us in 2016. So i'll be on the look out for deals on that front also.

And i still need to get my hands on a used but not abused H&K USP9 for a little project i've got in the works.

A Smith & Wesson Model 29 (6.5" barrel) would be sweet find as well. The list goes on and on.. [BD]

GOST
8 November 2015, 04:30
I keep toying with the idea of replacing my old tried and true passive ear pro with some active noise canceling ear pro. Finding a killer sale price on a of a set of Sordin Supreme Pro-X might entice me. I'm not holding my breath though.

I love mine, the gel seals are very comfortable. About 2 months ago there was a flash sale on Amazon for $199.

Pyzik
8 November 2015, 07:17
I WANT to get a PA Advanced Red Dot atop a Scalar or Bobro mount. I also WANT a CMT ambi lower to free up my Aero for my 300 BLK build.

I NEED to stop coming to this site for 3 months and just be happy with what I've already got.
Hahaha, good luck

gatordev
8 November 2015, 08:49

I'm pretty sure you already know this and it was just word choice, but just to clarify... The Sordins don't have "active noise canceling." They have passive noise canceling with amplification of sounds under a certain dB level. Active noise canceling actually transmits inverse frequencies to cancel certain frequencies to make thing quieter. ANR is pretty damn awesome in a repetitive noise environment, but wouldn't really work for shooting.

UWone77
8 November 2015, 09:38

Ha! I feel the same way when looking at the bolt gun thread.

SwissyJim
8 November 2015, 12:12
Ha! I feel the same way when looking at the bolt gun thread.
I'm avoiding that one at ALL costs... because it'll cost me. Sadly I forgot I was in on the MDR group buy on Bullpup forum and just got an email with updates. May have to back out of that as well...

Thompson
8 November 2015, 17:42
I was going to try and pick up the PA red dot with a Scalar mount ... but then I found the camera lens I've been hunting for the past couple months.

Outside of that; probably just ammo and reloading stuff at this point.

GOST
8 November 2015, 18:53
I was going to try and pick up the PA red dot with a Scalar mount ... but then I found the camera lens I've been hunting for the past couple months.

Here comes CenterFire14.

Thompson
8 November 2015, 21:27
Here comes CenterFire14.
The one and only.

Although, I still need to pickup some more gear to make my set up complete.

This whole shooting/photography hobby combo is killer on the wallet ....[bash]

Deadwing
9 November 2015, 18:51
I love mine, the gel seals are very comfortable. About 2 months ago there was a flash sale on Amazon for $199.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled...

I'm pretty sure you already know this and it was just word choice, but just to clarify... The Sordins don't have "active noise canceling." They have passive noise canceling with amplification of sounds under a certain dB level. Active noise canceling actually transmits inverse frequencies to cancel certain frequencies to make thing quieter. ANR is pretty damn awesome in a repetitive noise environment, but wouldn't really work for shooting.

Poor choice of words, indeed. I was probably thinking about the set of David Clark's that i've been lusting after when i wrote that. As for ANR in a repetitive noise environment, don't some aircraft use ANR to help suppress the drone of the props (Bombardier Q400 comes to mind)?

gatordev
10 November 2015, 04:17
Poor choice of words, indeed. I was probably thinking about the set of David Clark's that i've been lusting after when i wrote that. As for ANR in a repetitive noise environment, don't some aircraft use ANR to help suppress the drone of the props (Bombardier Q400 comes to mind)?

I think so. I know there was some experimenting by some manufacturers a few years ago, but not sure if stuff went into production. I would be curious if they were able to do it in a cabin, how much, if any, it would affect your feeling of the relative pressure. When you put ANR on your ears and turn it on, you can feel the pressure (of the inverse) sound. I would think they would need significantly more power to tune an aircraft cabin, which I would also think would cause some sort of physiological "feel" to your body.

Fun fact: ANR does not play well the high-powered radars. I know someone who took a set out to a ship and they lasted about 3 days before they were fried. Ouch.

Ride4frnt
10 November 2015, 07:34
Ha. A Tiffany blue gen 3 glock for my lady. I'm undecided if I wanna get her a 19 or a 26...

GOST
10 November 2015, 07:40
I vote 19. Is the 43 not in consideration?

Dstrbdmedic167
10 November 2015, 07:40
^^what he said...

DutyUse
10 November 2015, 13:22
Ha. A Tiffany blue gen 3 glock for my lady. I'm undecided if I wanna get her a 19 or a 26...

Hmm not sure what's going around these days... My wife wants one as well but a 42. I personally hate the silver look on the slides but whatever

Ride4frnt
11 November 2015, 03:06
I vote 19. Is the 43 not in consideration?

I feel if I got her the 43 I would want to carry it. And I ain't carrying a blue gun.

It's still up in the air. 43 is an option, but I'm not sure how much of one.

Of all my handguns the one she likes to shoot the most is the beretta, which is the biggest, bulkiest damn one I've got.

Pyzik
11 November 2015, 04:20
I feel if I got her the 43 I would want to carry it. And I ain't carrying a blue gun.

It's still up in the air. 43 is an option, but I'm not sure how much of one.

Of all my handguns the one she likes to shoot the most is the beretta, which is the biggest, bulkiest damn one I've got.

Just get something you also want cause she's probably gonna change her mind.

I've dumped well over $1k into getting my wife set up, (Shield9, full serrations, refinish in NiB, extra mags, several holsters, training...) and only six months later she's thinking she wants a G19 now... Sigh.

Good luck!

Joelski
11 November 2015, 05:28
Women have it so easy with the purse thing. I like my full size Glocks just fine, but since losing some weight, they print like crazy. Not a fan of IWB holsters and Glocks; I'm afraid of Glock leg. I'm terrified of Glock dick! :D

Computalotapus
11 November 2015, 10:02
Women have it so easy with the purse thing. I like my full size Glocks just fine, but since losing some weight, they print like crazy. Not a fan of IWB holsters and Glocks; I'm afraid of Glock leg. I'm terrified of Glock dick! :D

HAHAHAHA the last part made me lol here at the office and I promptly got strange looks.

Kyle, Christina loves her shield. Her nor I have personally held the 43 but I can say the Shield carries very well and the wife wears it pretty much all the time, either IWB, OWB or in a belly band when she wears a dress or dress pants that don't have a belt. But the thing is you gotta take her to the store and let her hold them and look at them. Let her pick if it is truly going to be for her.

Me personally probably just stuff to finish the kids rifle. Just need a rail, gas block, gas tube, and vortex 2.5x10 optic. Also want to build a 9mm AR-Pistol eventually.

mustangfreek
12 November 2015, 00:46
Just want a few things, but not gonna happen..So I'll sit back and read every one else's scores

Uffdaphil
12 November 2015, 12:22
My old iPad has been acting up so I just blew my BF cash on an iPad Pro. Now just a set or two of Mbus Pros if a good markdown.

UWone77
12 November 2015, 12:26
HAHAHAHA the last part made me lol here at the office and I promptly got strange looks.

Kyle, Christina loves her shield. Her nor I have personally held the 43 but I can say the Shield carries very well and the wife wears it pretty much all the time, either IWB, OWB or in a belly band when she wears a dress or dress pants that don't have a belt. But the thing is you gotta take her to the store and let her hold them and look at them. Let her pick if it is truly going to be for her.

Me personally probably just stuff to finish the kids rifle. Just need a rail, gas block, gas tube, and vortex 2.5x10 optic. Also want to build a 9mm AR-Pistol eventually.

Yeah whatever happened to that T&E Build? [:D]

Computalotapus
12 November 2015, 13:31
Yeah whatever happened to that T&E Build? [:D]
Money got tight with the move. It just needs rail, gas block, gas tube and optic. It is ready to go together after that.

Posted with Tapatalk on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

UWone77
12 November 2015, 13:39
Money got tight with the move. It just needs rail, gas block, gas tube and optic. It is ready to go together after that.

Sounds like you need to check out the Rainier APEX weekend to at least pick up a GB and Gas Tube. What rail are you thinking?

Computalotapus
12 November 2015, 14:14
Sounds like you need to check out the Rainier APEX weekend to at least pick up a GB and Gas Tube. What rail are you thinking?
Something between 15-16“, lightweight and MLOK. Was thinking MI LW FF.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 November 2015, 14:29

The new MI Gen 3 rail I have is the sauce...

Computalotapus
12 November 2015, 14:52
The new MI Gen 3 rail I have is the sauce...
It's a whole 1 oz heavier than the previous model what's up with that?

Dstrbdmedic167
12 November 2015, 14:53
It's a whole 1 oz heavier than the previous model what's up with that?

I'd guess the barrel nut change on the new gen 3's. They have a LW gen 3 too...

Computalotapus
12 November 2015, 14:54
I'd guess the barrel nut change on the new gen 3's. They have a LW gen 3 too...
That's what I looked at its 10.3 oz. The previous version is 9.3 oz.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 November 2015, 14:55
That's what I looked at its 10.3 oz. The previous version is 9.3 oz.

My bad. Misunderstood you.

Bronco75
12 November 2015, 15:04
Santa came early this year....with an unfired HK P7M8 =)

The rest of my gun budget looks like it is going to a generator for the winter =(

GOST
12 November 2015, 15:45

The Seekins NOXS may be an option. Lite and well priced.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/parts-and-accessories/handguards/noxs-mlok-rail-1-1.html

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 16:11
Santa came early this year....with an unfired HK P7M8 =)

The rest of my gun budget looks like it is going to a generator for the winter =(

Pics ??

Bronco75
12 November 2015, 18:40
Pics ??

Just needs a set of Nill grips!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2hhezw8.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2zi8x1s.jpg

Deadwing
12 November 2015, 21:17

Where on earth did you find that? Absolutely gorgeous pistol. It wouldn't stay unfired for long in my hands. :P

UWone77
12 November 2015, 21:28
Where on earth did you find that? Absolutely gorgeous pistol. It wouldn't stay unfired for long in my hands. :P

Don't worry, it'll be up for sale soon, knowing Bronco... [:D]

Seriously, if that guy would just keep 1/2 the guns he bought, he'd have the best collection around.

Deadwing
12 November 2015, 21:32

Seriously, if that guy would just keep 1/2 the guns he bought, he'd have the best collection around.

Ha, dibs!

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 21:43

Holy cow sweet

Pyzik
13 November 2015, 05:33

Dude, very nice! The only HK I really want. Congrats.

Sound like I've got a hook up for SHOT show so I might be saving my parts money for that now. Should be finding out today.

Bronco75
13 November 2015, 08:38

Truth be told I had one a couple years back...not quite as nice...and sold it. I regretted the sale and ended up with a PSP. The PSP gets red hot after a couple mags so I sold it. I found this one on GB and threw a bid on it thinking it would probably get bid up to the moon and it didn't and I ended up winning the auction!

Deadwing
13 November 2015, 19:25
Truth be told I had one a couple years back...not quite as nice...and sold it. I regretted the sale and ended up with a PSP. The PSP gets red hot after a couple mags so I sold it. I found this one on GB and threw a bid on it thinking it would probably get bid up to the moon and it didn't and I ended up winning the auction!

The few i've bid on have quickly skyrocketed well past what i'm willing to spend on one. Maybe someday i'll snag a deal.

Joelski
13 November 2015, 20:10

The ole Fist Cocker!

BEST GUN NAME EVER!!!

:D