PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Suppressor question

JFQuest
7 November 2015, 06:16
OK... So I am on the hunt for an all purpose pistol caliber suppressor that I can run the occasional .357mag through (hunting season) that won't throw the warranty out the window. Thus far the only solud one I have found out there is the Liberty Mystic X and wasn't sure if there are any other options out there.
Hosts in question are 9mm pistol, Marlin .357 lever action, and an AR 9mm carbine.
Thanx!

alamo5000
7 November 2015, 06:41
I would think any .45 caliber suppressor would handle a .357 but I could be wrong about that.

alamo5000
7 November 2015, 06:46
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/suppressed-marlin-1894-357-magnum/

That guy in the link above used an AAC Tirant 9 suppressor.

Edit: Per the video in the guy's link, you cannot run the full on .357 magnum through that suppressor.

Former11B
7 November 2015, 14:07
I have never use a Liberty Mystic but it looks like all their mounts are sold seperately. Any of those hosts have the same mounting patterns?

JFQuest
7 November 2015, 15:43
Great question... No, I haven't gone down the path of getting the hosts threaded yet. I wanted to see what thecan is going to have first that way I do this in the most cost effective manner possible. And I figure with NFA wait times being what thwy are when I do pull thw trigger on a can this can help fill in thw time while waiting.

Former11B
7 November 2015, 15:49
Great question... No, I haven't gone down the path of getting the hosts threaded yet. I wanted to see what thecan is going to have first that way I do this in the most cost effective manner possible. And I figure with NFA wait times being what thwy are when I do pull thw trigger on a can this can help fill in thw time while waiting.

Depending on the route you take, you may not wait long. My most recent form 4 was 51 days check cashed to stamp at the dealer.

tappedandtagged
8 November 2015, 08:48
I've called SilencerCo about running 44 mag through their Octane 45. They said it was good to go as long as the 44 host had a 16" barrel.

I'm fairly sure a call regarding a 357 rifle and their 9mm can would yield a similar response.