PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor Muzzle Device Modular Adapters

DeviantLogic
10 November 2015, 16:37
Something I was really excited about with the SilencerCo products was the modular adapters seen in the Saker models. The ability to use the same can on SilencerCo or AAC muzzle devices was a real selling point leading me to buy the Saker last year.

It seems like many of the newer suppressors being released could easily add this functionality but don't (ie Dead Air Sandman, Griffin Optimus). I would think more people would want to buy a product that is "backwards compatible" with their existing muzzle devices. Any ideas why more manufacturers choose not to make modular adapters for their cans?

Joelski
10 November 2015, 16:44
More money!

"Open source" ideas are great, but it's human nature to think your creation is better than the other guy's.

DeviantLogic
10 November 2015, 16:54
More money!

True, but it's also something people are willing to pay for. It's a real drain of time/money to swap out muzzle devices for new cans...one of the reasons why I don't expand my collection of suppressors.

Joelski
10 November 2015, 17:24
I know what you mean. Hell, I'm trying to scrape up enough for my first one. I gotta support choice though. If that's the price for not being exactly like everyone else, so be it. The point of competition is to drive improvement, or reveal a clear winner. Would you rather own a NOS 30 year-old can/muzzle device, or a brand new one? There are no performance classics in this market that I can think of.

GRIFFIN ARMAMENT
26 November 2015, 20:05
I followed this closely, buyers told me the idea was novel but it didnt catch on the mounts were basically too expensive at 300 dollars for people to do it. Its cheaper to sell your legacy devices and buy proprietary.

Thats what I gathered from people that are selling shit tons of cans.

DeviantLogic
27 November 2015, 03:16
Thanks for the feedback. I really like the modularity and flexibility of the Optimus design. Being able to change out endcaps and attachment types (taper mount, direct thread, and booster pistons), and run on the variety of calibers are huge selling points in my book.

I agree the price point on the MAAD mounts are a little steep...but I think the concept has it's merits. In an ideal market (in my opinion) consumers would, within reason, be able to pick and choose what suppressors and muzzle devices they use. Perhaps it's just a pipe dream.

GRIFFIN ARMAMENT
28 November 2015, 10:33
Thanks for the feedback. I really like the modularity and flexibility of the Optimus design. Being able to change out endcaps and attachment types (taper mount, direct thread, and booster pistons), and run on the variety of calibers are huge selling points in my book.

I agree the price point on the MAAD mounts are a little steep...but I think the concept has it's merits. In an ideal market (in my opinion) consumers would, within reason, be able to pick and choose what suppressors and muzzle devices they use. Perhaps it's just a pipe dream.

We are trying to make the Optimus mounts affordable. They are expensive to make but we are doing our best to make them reachable so that the functionality is genuine.

GRIFFIN ARMAMENT
3 December 2015, 14:53
Double tap. Sorry should have read to figure out we'd responded.