PDA

View Full Version : Why Our Country Is Screwed

UWone77
12 November 2015, 19:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Zmji36q8E4o

alamo5000
12 November 2015, 19:25
I hate people like that little bitch. I can't stand it.

She needs to pay for her own stuff.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 November 2015, 19:28
That girl doesn't know her ass from her elbow.. All I heard was Umm.. Umm.. Umm... I think she needs to take a few economic classes as well... Oh wait...

UWone77
12 November 2015, 19:29
It's hard work attempting to sound like you know what you're talking about. #FeeltheBern

Tyrannosaur
12 November 2015, 19:40
Sounds like obodouche without his teleprompter

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 19:40
Can some one give me as link my tablet dose not work well on WEVO

Txfilmmaker
12 November 2015, 19:51
There is no end to how much free stuff people like her want and how much of our money that politicians will take from us to buy votes. (With free stuff)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alamo5000
12 November 2015, 19:52
Can some one give me as link my tablet dose not work well on WEVO

Let me sum it up for you. Some 19 year old is advocating for 'the rich' to give her everything for free. The fact that other people have more than her 'isn't fair' and hence they need 'social justice'.

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 19:56
Let me sum it up for you. Some 19 year old is advocating for 'the rich' to give her everything for free. The fact that other people have more than her 'isn't fair' and hence they need 'social justice'.

FSA army. Hard at work

UWone77
12 November 2015, 20:09
Here you go Luis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1y5g1O3-Y

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 20:42
Here you go Luis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1y5g1O3-Y

Thank 77

VIPER 237
12 November 2015, 20:46
Can we please the voting age to 30?

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 20:47
Thank 77

I left a smart ass comment. [BD]

Joelski
13 November 2015, 04:10
Let's just criminalize success and all go back to living like animals. She would have lost that debate at the end of an economics education. The difference is she might have realized how stupid her argument is.

"Yeah, but um." The argument of the entitled without effort movement in a nutshell.

alamo5000
13 November 2015, 04:40
Let's just criminalize success and all go back to living like animals. She would have lost that debate at the end of an economics education. The difference is she might have realized how stupid her argument is.

"Yeah, but um." The argument of the entitled without effort movement in a nutshell.

Feelings overrule facts. Saying she would lose a debate just depends. People like her argue with feeling and emotion and those two things are what they make it about. So if you go in and calmly discredit them and their arguments you just lost the emotional war. You then become some heartless cruel conservative.

Joelski
13 November 2015, 04:49
The population is greying, meaning there's more of us than them as we tend to lean toward conservativism once we learn we can't stick together enough to make our ideals a success. Today's youth is too self-absorbed to pump out babies and increase the army of younger people.

Farva
13 November 2015, 05:46
HIPPIES!!!

titanse05
13 November 2015, 05:53
I couldn't even watch the whole thing......makes me sick to my stomach.

Farva
13 November 2015, 07:24
She says it herself. She lives in a world where "there's a population that's doing nothing to contribute to the progression of society..." Does she not realize she's talking about herself and people like her? I'm ashamed to be associated with this generation. I'm a farm kid born and raised, we know how to work our asses off for a living. If she wants the problem fixed then contribute to your own success.

DutyUse
13 November 2015, 07:25
She says it herself. She lives in a world where "there's a population that's doing nothing to contribute to the progression of society..." Does she not realize she's talking about herself and people like her? I'm ashamed to be associated with this generation. I'm a farm kid born and raised, we know how to work our asses off for a living. If she wants the problem fixed then contribute to your own success.

Well said farva

toolboxluis00200
13 November 2015, 10:20

You win the INTERNET for the day

Dstrbdmedic167
13 November 2015, 10:34
Luis just had a perfect sentence minus the period at the end. [wow]

Joelski
13 November 2015, 10:42
Friday the 13th strikes in mysterious ways!

toolboxluis00200
13 November 2015, 11:11
Luis just had a perfect sentence minus the period at the end. [wow]

Lol

toolboxluis00200
13 November 2015, 11:12
Friday the 13th strikes in mysterious ways!

I like that lol

SwissyJim
13 November 2015, 12:26
another case of gimme gimme gimme. Screw the self entitlement brats - make 'em work for everything like the rest of us. I'm so sick of this crap.

velocity2006
13 November 2015, 13:29
Yeah... Saw this on TOS yesterday, I honestly cannot believe the ignorance and lack of intelligence. LOVED when he explained how the math wouldn't add up and it just didn't register at all lol, we're fucked.

Joelski
13 November 2015, 13:44
*Ahem*

Could somebody PM my noobie self and tell me WTF site TOS is???

Thank you. :)

toolboxluis00200
13 November 2015, 13:52
The other sight

Joelski
13 November 2015, 14:07
Pas merde monsieur Sherlock. ;)

I know it is that site whose name is not spoken, I want to know which site it is? Does it rhyme with BarfMom?

velocity2006
13 November 2015, 14:08
Yes.

Joelski
13 November 2015, 14:11
Roger that. I am now fully in the loop. Thanks!

Farva
13 November 2015, 14:41
Well said farva

You win the INTERNET for the day

Thanks fellas. This stuff just gets me so fired up. Why do people think the world owes them something? You want something, work for it, earn it and whatever it is you obtain will be that much sweeter for it. My family is your average middle class family (if we qualify for even that.) I have three brothers, and six years separates me and my twin (I'm older) and our oldest brother so we were all close in age. So my parents had to figure out how to send four of us to college pretty close to the same time. We needed student loans to help us along the way but guess what, we all managed to graduate and none of us expect someone else to pay our debts for us. Like our degrees we also earned that debt and it is mine and mine alone to pay back. Society has a lack of personal responsibility and it's sickening.

toolboxluis00200
13 November 2015, 15:03
When I was just 7 years old. I was a bar tender at my sted dads bar [:D] yeah I started young

UWone77
13 November 2015, 15:23
Thanks fellas. This stuff just gets me so fired up. Why do people think the world owes them something? You want something, work for it, earn it and whatever it is you obtain will be that much sweeter for it. My family is your average middle class family (if we qualify for even that.) I have three brothers, and six years separates me and my twin (I'm older) and our oldest brother so we were all close in age. So my parents had to figure out how to send four of us to college pretty close to the same time. We needed student loans to help us along the way but guess what, we all managed to graduate and none of us expect someone else to pay our debts for us. Like our degrees we also earned that debt and it is mine and mine alone to pay back. Society has a lack of personal responsibility and it's sickening.

I hear you man, our family is from humble lower income beginnings. We lived in a crappy apartment when I was growing up, in a ok - bad neighborhood. My parents worked low paying jobs at the time. Even though we never had a lot of "stuff" we never went hungry. When it was time to go to college, my parents didn't have the cash to pay for it, but helped my brother and I as much as they could. I took out loans, and made ends meet. I got out of my 4 years with a low amount of debt compared to some today, around 17k. However, I was able to pay that off in 18 months with overtime. It was much much sweeter because I did it on my own.

My wife also came from middle class beginnings, but was a lot smarter than me. She worked several jobs and saved every penny from her High School days to pay for her undergraduate work. She basically came out debt free until she went into further education.

It takes awhile to get there, but once you do, you certainly don't want someone taxing you at 90% because they want a free ride.

MoxyDave
14 November 2015, 11:04
While I do agree that you shouldn't expect something for nothing, I feel that college tuition should be at least in part subsidized by taxes.

Education is the key to civilization. You can't have a stupid populace and a prosperous country at the same time.

College right now is ridiculously overpriced. When you graduate with all that debt, you become a slave, not a citizen.

Of course there are other options - community college for all your undergraduate classes, etc. Smart ways to get an education without going so far in debt ... but I think it's foolish for us not to subsidize education. I don't want to live in a country with a bunch of stupid people [:)]

therealdutch
14 November 2015, 11:38
Community college is subsidized with local county taxes

velocity2006
14 November 2015, 17:38
The problem with education isn't with colleges, it's with public schools, grade-highschool. The lack of budget for education has caused us to raise a generation of these morons.

Joelski
14 November 2015, 18:28
It's the same as these people wanting somebody else to take responsibility for their actions. Let them all go off to a third world country and see exactly how wanting and not getting works out. If they stay, fine with me. If they want to come back, they better bring some work ethic and personal responsibility and accountability along with them. These people have no humility, asking the tax paying public to "gimme, gimme, gimme". Working for everything you have instills a pride in having those things. Just because a person is successful should in no way mean that 90% of what they earn is taken away and given to somebody who expects it for nothing in return.

UWone77
15 November 2015, 08:57
While I do agree that you shouldn't expect something for nothing, I feel that college tuition should be at least in part subsidized by taxes.

Education is the key to civilization. You can't have a stupid populace and a prosperous country at the same time.

College right now is ridiculously overpriced. When you graduate with all that debt, you become a slave, not a citizen.

Of course there are other options - community college for all your undergraduate classes, etc. Smart ways to get an education without going so far in debt ... but I think it's foolish for us not to subsidize education. I don't want to live in a country with a bunch of stupid people [:)]

Not sure how it is where you are, but our Community Colleges here as well as State Universities are subsidized by the State. The legislature also determines tuition.

College is overpriced sure, but that also depends on what you are pursuing. If you have no goals, and going to college because your parents told you so, or have no plan on what to do post college, you're just wasting money. If you decide you want to become an Engineer, Medical Profession, ect, that's just the cost of participation. A student going to Community College for 2 years then transferring to a State University, you can make it affordable. Running start programs in High School helps this even more. There are plenty of resources out there, Pell Grants, Subsidized loans, Scholarships, but you have to work for it, you have to pay it back.

Now in my opinion NO ONE deserves free college, nor do they have the right to a Private Liberal Arts University. If you're demanding like Keely Mullen is for free tuition to Northeast University (45K a year) she needs to go ask dad to sell their million dollar home.

toolboxluis00200
15 November 2015, 09:09
Pas merde monsieur Sherlock. ;)

I know it is that site whose name is not spoken, I want to know which site it is? Does it rhyme with BarfMom?

Lol

voodoo_man
15 November 2015, 09:30
As much as I'd like to point a finger and say "that's the issue" I know that her parents, her parents, her friends, her upbringing, her community has failed. We have failed because these types of people exist today.

The better question or consideration, would be, what will it take for her to change her opinion or view point? Probably nothing, as she has made up her mind and will not hear anything to the contrary.

Army203
15 November 2015, 10:01
You know what I did to help pay for college? Went to combat. You want free college, go kills some terrorist for those of us who can't.

Even while in college I still had to work two jobs to support my family. I still kept my GPA at a 3.7 with a daughter who has autism and survived cancer while I was in school. These young SOBs really grind my fucking gears.

Farva
15 November 2015, 18:34
I hear you man, our family is from humble lower income beginnings. We lived in a crappy apartment when I was growing up, in a ok - bad neighborhood. My parents worked low paying jobs at the time. Even though we never had a lot of "stuff" we never went hungry. When it was time to go to college, my parents didn't have the cash to pay for it, but helped my brother and I as much as they could. I took out loans, and made ends meet. I got out of my 4 years with a low amount of debt compared to some today, around 17k. However, I was able to pay that off in 18 months with overtime. It was much much sweeter because I did it on my own.

My wife also came from middle class beginnings, but was a lot smarter than me. She worked several jobs and saved every penny from her High School days to pay for her undergraduate work. She basically came out debt free until she went into further education.

It takes awhile to get there, but once you do, you certainly don't want someone taxing you at 90% because they want a free ride.

Exactly. People don't work hard and become successful so they can piss away all that success to someone who is too lazy to accomplish anything on their own. I'm just wait for the "student debt is offensive to me" type rhetoric to help their agenda gain traction. People can be offended by things which is fine but just because your offended doesn't mean your right. People who have never worked hard can never truly appreciate personal achievement or value the goods in which they earn. They fall into the "my parents will just buy me a new one" category.

Hmac
16 November 2015, 04:45

Isn't it now? I think every state has a state university system. Obviously, supported by taxes.

Or did you mean subsidized MORE by taxes? You're OK with having your taxes raised to help send Keely Mullen to school? Or did you mean raise somebody else's taxes?

MoxyDave
16 November 2015, 12:30
Isn't it now? I think every state has a state university system. Obviously, supported by taxes.

Or did you mean subsidized MORE by taxes? You're OK with having your taxes raised to help send Keely Mullen to school? Or did you mean raise somebody else's taxes?

I pay taxes for my the schools in my district, but they're K-12. I'm not sure where community college taxes come from.

My point is that we should try to educate as many people as possible, as well as possible. If we all had the option to have a Harvard education at Community College costs, that would make me happy. It's the big private institutions that really irk me with their stupid-high tuition.

Pell grants and the like are great, but they are super small. And the harder you work, the more you make, the less you'll get.

Loans disguised as "Financial Aid" just piss me off. Even a bankruptcy cannot dissolve your "Financial Aid" loans ... what a load of crap.

LOL sorry just venting a bit ...

Hmac
16 November 2015, 13:55
I pay taxes for my the schools in my district, but they're K-12. I'm not sure where community college taxes come from.

.Good lord Dave. Do you know Keely Mullen very well?

Dave, are you saying you don't pay any state income tax? No Federal income tax? You aren't paying any sales tax, nor any property taxes? If not, then I'd say that you're part of the problem. You're not paying your fair share.

Here's a list of state supported higher education institutions in Colorado.

Adams State University (ASU)
Alamosa, CO 81102 - 719/587-7306
www.adams.edu

Colorado School of Mines (CSM)
1500 Illinois - Golden, CO 80401 - 303/273-3237
www.mines.edu

Colorado State University (CSU)
Fort Collins, CO 80523 - 970/491-6321
www.colostate.edu

Colorado State University-Pueblo (CSU-P)
2200 North Bonforte Blvd. - Pueblo, CO 8100-4901 - 719/549-2753
www.csupueblo.edu

Fort Lewis College (FLC)
Durango, CO 81301 - 970/247-7142
www.fortlewis.edu

Colorado Mesa University (CMU)
P.O. Box 2647 - Grand Junction, CO - 81502 - 970/248-1396
www.coloradomesa.edu

Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU-D)
1006 11th Street - Denver, CO 80217 - 303/575-5880
www.msudenver.edu

University of Colorado at Boulder (UCB)
Boulder, CO 80309 - 303/492-1411
www.colorado.edu

University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS)
P.O. Box 7150 - Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7150 - 719/262-3000
www.uccs.edu

University of Colorado -Denver (UCD)
P.O. Box 173364 - Denver, CO 80217-3364 - 303/556-2400
www.ucdenver.edu

University of Northern Colorado (UNC)
Greeley, CO 80639 - 970/351-2502
www.unco.edu

Western State Colorado University (WSCU)
Gunnison, CO 81230 - 970/943-3085
www.western.edu

Here's where the funding for your state comes from:

http://ssequine.net/colo2.png

Here's a state-specific breakdown:

http://ssequine.net/colo3.png

And here's where it goes:

http://ssequine.net/colo1.png

So, yeah. Lots of state-funded higher education in your state, supported by your state income tax, your Federal income tax, the sales tax you pay on the stuff you buy, and your property taxes. Your state spends about $6 billion on higher education to offset tuition and fees. It's why the University of Colorado is cheaper than Harvard which doesn't get any state support. It's a private institution, a private business. You don't have the right to go there. But for quite a bit less money you can get a college education, cheaper, from any of several universities in Colorado. They are giving you access to a cheaper education. Not cheap, just cheaper. If you want it cheaper yet, you (and Keely Mullen) are going to have to come up with quite a bit more money.

Where are you going to get it?

You say you want cheaper higher education...so you're saying that you want to pay more taxes? Or...you and Keely want someone to pay more in taxes so bright, young, insightful minds like Keely Mullen (who, by the way, is a self-avowed Marxist) can have a free education on your dime?

By the way...I would parenthetically add that Keely, who said she comes from an "incredibly working class family on several social programs" attended an exclusive (expensive) private prep school in Chicago (tuition $35,000/year) and grew up in a $1 million house on Chicago's North Side).

MoxyDave
16 November 2015, 16:26
Thank you for the education. I confess I am somewhat ignorant of all the facts.

Hmac
16 November 2015, 20:20
You're not alone. A lot of people want or expect government freebies without considering how those freebies are going to be paid for.

If someone from Neil Cavuto's show asks to interview you...I recommend that you tell them "no".

Former11B
17 November 2015, 00:02
https://youtu.be/iKcWu0tsiZM

This sums it up. Short video titled "Modern Educayshun" depicting feelings trumping success

Jerry R
17 November 2015, 05:13
Guess I'm lucky to be an old fart. I went to Belmont University in the 60's. Tuition was $12 per semester hour when I started, rose to $15 per hour by the time I graduated. Dad said, "You can live at home and we will feed you, but we don't have money for tuition." I was loading trucks at Genesco on the high school co-op program at the time; go to school half days, work half days - full credit. Gave Genesco notice stating I needed full time work for tuition. Before my notice was up they created a job in their data center and transferred me there. Saved my seniority, said they didn't want to lose me. I had enlisted in the Navy the January before I graduated HS, so I worked midnight to eight, classes nine to four, and drilled seven to ten every Wednesday night. No sleep Wednesday. A very long four years. But when I marched across the Parade Grounds in my dress whites (with sword) I felt like I could do anything. Righteous pride comes from hard work.

I don't understand how a feeling of entitlement replaces a sense of accomplishment. I have two sons that I could not possibly be more proud of. One is a LEO, the other owns a multi-state security company (also an ex tank commander 11th ACR). They are good Men - in spite of me.

It's hard to watch the direction my country is taking. I pray it's not too late to turn this ship around.

Thompson
17 November 2015, 08:06
I don't understand how a feeling of entitlement replaces a sense of accomplishment.
Because, as shitty as it sounds, that's just the world we live in today. My generation has grown up, essentially being spoon fed, expecting everything to be done for them. No one wants to do the research, they just want to hear what they want to hear on the news and become subject matter experts. This is a place where people want to make a living off of $15/hr minimum wage.

This is the same generation that doesn't care about the Flag and what it stands for, or the history of our Country - and more importantly - what it was founded upon. They just want to live in their delusional bubble, so long as everything is hunky-dory, they could care less about what goes on around them. And I'm sure you've seen it in plenty of videos; the fights and what not that go on - and instead of doing something about it, everyone wants to record it and try to get their 15 seconds of fame. No one wants to hurt the other person's feelings anymore, cause it's the "right thing" to do; and no one wants to take responsibility of their actions.

Their battles are won with emotion, not facts and logic. It is because of this, it makes me worried about our future.

Moral of the story: I REALLY hate my generation lol.

Hmac
17 November 2015, 08:16
Guess I'm lucky to be an old fart. I went to Belmont University in the 60's. Tuition was $12 per semester hour when I started, rose to $15 per hour by the time I graduated.

I'm with ya, Jerry. When I went to medical school in the late 70's, (midwestern land-grant state university), my tuition was $240 per quarter. I was able to finish in 3 years...it cost me less than $3000 tuition to learn to be a doctor. It was a good investment.

Thompson
17 November 2015, 08:23
I'm with ya, Jerry. When I went to medical school in the late 70's, (midwestern land-grant state university), my tuition was $240 per quarter. I was able to finish in 3 years...it cost me less than $3000 tuition to learn to be a doctor. It was a good investment.
That's the way it should be. No piece of paper is worth $40k +

One of my relatives paid, somewhere around $20k for 4 years at Drexel back in the day .... I would have had to pay $65k PER YEAR, and all I was offered was like $3k in aid from them.

Former11B
17 November 2015, 09:01
I have a neighbor who has only gone on to work on her PhD (nearing completion on it, now) because staying in school deferred her student loan payments. Somehow racking up 10 times the debt and delaying payment by 6 years was a suitable alternative to just paying off her Bachelors in Education (teaches 1st grade fortunately, not senior high finance courses).

I started college at Clemson University in 2002, and joined ROTC. I'd wanted to join the Marines right out of high school to go fight because I watched the Towers fall in my physics class my senior year of high school. My dad had been an Army officer and commissioned from Clemson, and wanted me to go to college, not war (he said the war would still be there when finished), but all I could see was spending years and years in training and having it all end right when my training concluded. I tried to appease him but I was racking up student debt, not much (I had a scholarship) but I was floundering: I was young (17 when I started college) and lacked direction so I was wasting time and money. I joined as an infantryman shortly after we invaded Iraq. I couldn't wait anymore. War was calling. As Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted "When duty whispers low, 'Thou must.', the youth replies, 'I Can.'" So I did.

Doing so enabled me to earn an Associates Degree, a BS in Management, and an MBA, all through various GI Bill and VA programs I qualified for. I also paid off the $3500 in student debt I had accrued prior to my service and was able to pay cash for my wife's Master of Education plus 30 hours, which allowed her base pay to increase, recouping the cost of the degree in about 2.5 years. Five degrees, two adults, zero debt. We just owe a mortgage. The Army did so much for me, from allowing me to do the above financially, but more so giving me the discipline, focus, and maturity to actually accomplish it.

I would not be who I am today without my service. None of the above was owed to me, but I did something to earn it, that is something a lot of people in my generation and younger do not, and cannot understand

Hmac
17 November 2015, 20:38
That's the way it should be. No piece of paper is worth $40k +

Sure it is, if that piece of paper is required for you to be able practice medicine.

Anyway, $40k in debt is a pittance. I have yet to see a Resident Physician come out of medical school with less that $150,000 in debt. $250,000 is far more usual.

DutyUse
17 November 2015, 21:41
^ Hmac hit it on the head. If you leave college only owing 40k or less you should count yourself lucky... I'm slowly chipping away at 90,000$ in student loans, and that was with a partial scholarship!

UWone77
18 November 2015, 16:09
Sure it is, if that piece of paper is required for you to be able practice medicine.

Anyway, $40k in debt is a pittance. I have yet to see a Resident Physician come out of medical school with less that $150,000 in debt. $250,000 is far more usual.

I think my wife owed 190k. We're down to just under 120k. Hopefully 18 more months on that. [BD]

Txfilmmaker
18 November 2015, 16:17
Thankful my oldest earned a full academic ride to a state school.

SwissyJim
18 November 2015, 16:44
I don't have kids... I get to spend the college money on my dogs and myself [BD] Oh yeah... the wifely unitŠ too.

That said, tuition is out of control. It was FAR less when I sampled the waters and decided that more school was not for me and went the knuckle-dragging fireman route. Of course having found people in the field I was going for flipping burgers at McD's to make ends meet didn't help either...

You wanna talk why the USA is screwed? How about how more people vote for crap like Americas Got Talent and The Voice than have ever voted in an honest to God election. And they are also probably the largest portion of the ones whining for free handouts. Scary.

GOST
18 November 2015, 18:32
It's all the grand scheme to erase the middle class. With the middle class gone the votes will be cheaper to buy.