PDA

View Full Version : Review: SKD PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Alpha Glove

voodoo_man
17 November 2015, 17:03
http://i.imgur.com/wRoygSi.jpg
Description
According to the product description the SKD PIG (Patrol Incident Gear) Gloves feature "several industry firsts, the Alpha allows unfettered access to all your firearms controls and manipulations, without the overwhelming bulk of unnecessary padding and layers. When it comes to gloves you can shoot with, contrary to most of the other tactical gloves on the market, less IS more… the less you feel your gloves, the better you can shoot with them." You can find the full list of specs on their website, on the tag inside the gloves it says they are made of "40% Synthetic Leather, 45% Nylon, 10% Foam, 5% Rubber, Designed in USA, Made in China." I bought these when they first came out around 2012, first batch of the black they offered (I believe I pre-ordered them) and have carried them around, wearing them during training and classes whenever I needed to do something other than just shoot pistol. Now a days they will cost you $29.99 plus shipping direct from SKD.

Read the Full Review here -> SKD PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Alpha Glove ~ Reviews (http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/11/skd-pig-full-dexterity-tactical-alpha.html)

DutyUse
17 November 2015, 17:59
Enjoyed reading the full article over at your site. I'd had these on my radar for awhile but your positive review finally won me over, ordered a set of the alphas. Thanks for posting

alamo5000
17 November 2015, 18:35
Cool. Good write up.

I am not sure if I need gloves but I think these do sound pretty cool, especially since you pointed out so many good evaluation points.

MonkeyBomb
17 November 2015, 20:44
I have a couple of pairs. I really like them. While I really don't like shooting a pistol with gloves, I can do it with zero issues with this particular glove. I thought I would wear out he trigger finger pretty fast it has held up so far.

voodoo_man
18 November 2015, 05:11
Thanks for reading the review!

tact
18 November 2015, 05:33
Had a pair.......but the fingers wore out in less than a month. They didn't work very well for me.

voodoo_man
18 November 2015, 05:43
Had a pair.......but the fingers wore out in less than a month. They didn't work very well for me.

You might have gotten that weird batch in the beginning...

silviacrazed
18 November 2015, 08:51
I just got my pair of these a couple of days ago. Put some rounds down range with them. Very comfortable, just wish the wrist strap was longer. The dexterity is great, I could even manipulate the windage and elevation caps on my Micro T2.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mustangfreek
19 November 2015, 23:51
Want

[:D]

fairlanericky
20 November 2015, 18:48
Good gloves. Got 1 pair for the wife, 4 pair for me. [:D]

Ric

alamo5000
27 January 2016, 20:54
Voodoo_man...

Just thought I would pass the word... we have a ton of cops that come through my office all the time and we chit chat and talk all the time about random stuff... everything from fishing to weather to shooting to football... One guy who is a local sherriff's deputy was complaining about his gloves so I directed him to your review... I am pretty sure he's going to order a pair...

Cool.