PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Luis

Ride4frnt
23 November 2015, 10:20
I just saw on Facebook that our pal Luis is in a drug induced coma and is in bad health currently.

Send my thoughts and prayers your way Luis!

Tyrannosaur
23 November 2015, 10:21
I will include him in my prayers

velocity2006
23 November 2015, 10:38
Damn. Hope he comes out okay.

Jerry R
23 November 2015, 11:01
Our thoughts and prayers for Luis.

Former11B
23 November 2015, 11:57
Dang.....praying for the best.

On another gun forum for my local area/state, we've lost so many members recently we started a tribute wall section. Sucks...

titanse05
23 November 2015, 12:44
Prayers

DutyUse
23 November 2015, 13:04
I hope your alright big guy. God bless

voodoo_man
23 November 2015, 13:07
Sorry to hear that.

If anyone is close by to him and can visit him at the hospital please do so and report back. If he or his family need anything do not hesitate to post up.

Thompson
23 November 2015, 14:25
Praying for ya Luis. Hang in there buddy

Txfilmmaker
23 November 2015, 14:54
Praying! God bless you Luis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alamo5000
23 November 2015, 15:11
Prayers on the way for Luis.

UWone77
23 November 2015, 16:14
WHEN Luis pulls out of it, he'll have a nice new WEVO Kitty Lower to build up.

Dstrbdmedic167
23 November 2015, 16:27
That's an awesome get well present. I'll chip in something to help him get it done n

Cotton68spc
23 November 2015, 17:03
That's an awesome get well present. I'll chip in something to help him get it done n

Me as well , does anyone know if there is way to help donate towards hospital bills ?

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Dstrbdmedic167
23 November 2015, 17:04
Me as well , does anyone know if there is way to help donate towards hospital bills ?

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

You can always set up a gofundme. Those are on the back burner IMO. $5 a month keeps them at bay.

Txfilmmaker
23 November 2015, 21:07
Can't wait for him to see how much people care.

WHSmithIV
23 November 2015, 22:02
Aww crap! I thought he was doing pretty well after his last time in the hospital. This is not good news.

Hang in there Louis!

mustangfreek
24 November 2015, 00:45
Ya seen on FB he wasn't doing well, hope he gets better asap

Uffdaphil
24 November 2015, 02:12
You are number one on my prayer list Luis. Hope to see you back here soon.

SINNER
24 November 2015, 05:46
Pour giy. lol

He has had a rough year. I hope he gets all this behind him ASAP.

velocity2006
28 November 2015, 12:33
Anyone hear any updates on Luis?

MonkeyBomb
28 November 2015, 12:35
Prayers are out.

Txfilmmaker
28 November 2015, 21:53
Anyone hear any updates on Luis?

Nothing :-(

Deadwing
29 November 2015, 02:16
God bless you. Luis. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

jonpac07
29 November 2015, 15:54
Sorry to hear that, Praying for you Luis!

Txfilmmaker
4 December 2015, 10:59
Luis has passed away. [emoji29] I contacted one of his FB friends yesterday for an update. At that point, he was still in a coma. He just contacted me to let me know. I can't believe it. God bless him. :( I have no words...

Dstrbdmedic167
4 December 2015, 11:07
Man that's horrible. Prayers are with his mother. I feared it but hoped and prayed that wasn't the case.

UWone77
4 December 2015, 11:11
Damn.......

SwissyJim
4 December 2015, 11:18
shit.

Uffdaphil
4 December 2015, 11:18
So sad. Army Chief and now Luis. Good guys leaving too soon.

SINNER
4 December 2015, 11:23
RIP Luis.

RiverRat
4 December 2015, 11:27
Crap. Crapcrapcrap.

Words don't suffice to convey the loss of passing friends and family , but if there's anyone that can reach out to Luis' family, please let them know we share their grief.

Computalotapus
4 December 2015, 11:44
Kyle just told gave me the news. Prayers for his family and friends for their loss.

Posted with Tapatalk on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

WHSmithIV
4 December 2015, 11:45
Oh No! Crap! I'm going to miss him here. Safe travels Luis. Say hello to the Big Guy for us. Our thoughts are with your family.

This is sad to find out.

Joelski
4 December 2015, 11:53
That just sucks. R.I.P. Toolbox Luis.

Aragorn
4 December 2015, 11:55
Man, so much bad news recently....

We'll see you later Luis.

DutyUse
4 December 2015, 12:16
Wow that's awful. What a bummer... I had just talked to him a few weeks ago about his pistol build and he was excited about finishing it. :(

God bless You Luis

VIPER 237
4 December 2015, 12:38
Oh no... Prayers to his family and friends. That just sucks.

UWone77
4 December 2015, 12:39
You know this really sucks. I knew Luis probably about as well as the rest of you, only to say I knew him through some PM's and his posts. BUT .... I felt like I got to know him and his personality. Huge loss for our community. I loved how he always took the spelling jabs and rolled with the punches. Genuinely a good guy all around. I think Pyzik hit the nail on the head on the WEVO FB Group. This hit me harder than I thought it would. I know he was posting on his youtube channel about his dissatisfaction with the medical care he was receiving, hopefully that wasn't a factor in his passing.

Either way, see ya later Luis, hope the ranges up there have plenty of ammo. [:D]

titanse05
4 December 2015, 12:44
RIP Luis

Deadwing
4 December 2015, 12:57
Breaks my heart. I'm going to miss you, buddy. May you rest in peace, Luis.

six8
4 December 2015, 13:02
Wtf this really sucks. Please post up any details on arrangements and such.

voodoo_man
4 December 2015, 13:03
Don't do the FB thing so i don't know what was posted.

It is truely a saddening event, to get to know someone, even briefly and be witness to this occur.

Can anyone get in touch with his family? Wife? Kids? Maybe we can set something up, send something as a show of our support to the family?

Whatever it is, count me in.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 December 2015, 13:07
Only thing I knew of was that he took care of his mom. Never heard or saw any other family. Not saying there isn't but I never noticed any.

GOST
4 December 2015, 13:16
Clicked on this thread expecting to hear Luis was doing well, this really sucks. Luis was like family here, he is already dearly missed. Love you Luis and I'll see you later.

Farva
4 December 2015, 13:28
Im with voodoo. If there is anything we can do I'm in. Rest in peace brother.

Stone
4 December 2015, 13:49
Sad day indeed. God speed brother....:(

Ride4frnt
4 December 2015, 14:23
Such sad news to hear. Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends. If there's anything that can be done please let us know.

We will miss you big guy!

velocity2006
4 December 2015, 14:51
Clicked on this thread expecting to hear Luis was doing well, this really sucks. Luis was like family here, he is already dearly missed. Love you Luis and I'll see you later.

Same, was hoping he was doing better, Damn. RIP Luis.

GaSwamper
4 December 2015, 14:51
Just saw on Facebook, terrible. We'll miss ole Luis.

Ordnance
4 December 2015, 14:52
Damn. May he find himself in the arms of the Lord...

Txfilmmaker
4 December 2015, 15:45
Damn. May he find himself in the arms of the Lord...

Yes

Dstrbdmedic167
4 December 2015, 16:25
I think I'm gonna build a .22lr for him!

Slippers
4 December 2015, 21:05
Very sad. Life is far too short. :(

MoxyDave
4 December 2015, 22:51
Bummer. RPI budday.

Mecha_Arms
5 December 2015, 08:47
Sad to see this. RIP Luis. :(

jonpac07
5 December 2015, 11:10
This hit me hard, I have not been around for a while and stopped by to check on his status. My prayers go out to his Family. I'll miss you man.

Thompson
5 December 2015, 13:38
Saw this on the FB group. RIP buddy. Prayers for his family.

Hope you've got all the .22LR in the world up there to keep you busy!

GOST
6 December 2015, 01:04
I just wanted to say that I'm personally one who doesn't like to hear about people's personal business. I usually keep to myself and don't share much. I didn't keep up with Luis's medical issues as much as some of you, and didn't know that they were as serious as they were. I also didn't think that I would like someone that I've never met as much as Luis. I guess it's cool that Luis spent some of his last time here with us. I guess I've gotten used to reading everyone's post here, it just sucks that we won't get to read anymore of Luis's.

Txfilmmaker
6 December 2015, 06:05
. I also didn't think that I would like someone that I've never met as much as Luis. I guess it's cool that Luis spent some of his last time here with us. I guess I've gotten used to reading everyone's post here, it just sucks that we won't get to read anymore of Luis's.

Yes. Same here.

Tyrannosaur
6 December 2015, 06:26
RIP man prayers for your family

UWone77
6 December 2015, 08:29
Yes. Same here.

Marty if you hear anything from his mom/family, I'm down to chip in something as well.

Jerry R
6 December 2015, 08:42
RIP Luis. May the Lord cradle you in his arms, and give you peace.

Please let me know if WEVO decides to help his family in some financial way.

He will be missed.

mustangfreek
7 December 2015, 00:23
Thanks for keeping us updated Marty

Txfilmmaker
7 December 2015, 04:09
Marty if you hear anything from his mom/family, I'm down to chip in something as well.

I have not heard back from Luis's mother. I will contact his friend again and see if I can find out anything.

Thanks for keeping us updated Marty

No problem.

Hmac
7 December 2015, 05:02
Does anyone know how Luis died?

Former11B
7 December 2015, 05:27

Same here.

Horrible news.

I know this seems odd at a time like this but Luis did have some NFA property. Does anyone know how to reach family and make sure it gets transferred to them properly so no one is in violation of federal laws?

Joelski
7 December 2015, 06:06

I do not, but from the sound of his health, he was a medical trainwreck, and not a good candidate for surgery. That said, whatever procedure was done was probably his only option...

Dstrbdmedic167
8 December 2015, 20:48
It's been odd to me that as much death as I see on a regular basis that I've been thinking about a guy I never actually met. We all gave him shit from time to time and he gave me some as well.. Its funny how different things affect you..

Marty did you ever hear back from his family?

Txfilmmaker
8 December 2015, 21:25
It's been odd to me that as much death as I see on a regular basis that I've been thinking about a guy I never actually met. We all have him shit from time to time and he gave me some as well.. Its funny how different things affect you..

Marty did you ever hear back from his family?

Sadly, no. I tried again last night. I will make another attempt tomorrow. I just don't want to push it. Does anyone know if he lived with his mother? If so, we can at least send flowers.

Dstrbdmedic167
8 December 2015, 21:27
Sadly, no. I tried again last night. I will make another attempt tomorrow. I just don't want to push it. Does anyone know if he lived with his mother? If so, we can at least send flowers.

From what I saw on FB it appeared so.. PM the info and I'll try as well

UWone77
8 December 2015, 21:33

In his YouTube Video's he mentions that he's been waiting quite some time for surgery removing stents. I'm guessing he's referring to ureteral stents as he's talking about getting a 7mm kidney stone broken up and removed. Looks like it's been put off several times. His last video refers the surgery to an emergency surgery, but it's taken a lot of time according to him to be considered an "emergency."

DutyUse
8 December 2015, 22:08

I'lol throw in some money for flowers or whatever. I have his and his mothers address if you need it Marty

Txfilmmaker
9 December 2015, 08:46
I just heard back from his FB friend. His reply is about not getting a response from Luis's mom and where she is staying:

"I am sorry concerning his mom. She is very reserved and also is not doing well. He did live with his mom but I think she is not staying there but with a family member I do not know what to say. She had told me she would call me back but I do not think she will. Thanks for your concern and God bless."

What do you guys think?

Txfilmmaker
9 December 2015, 09:06
I'lol throw in some money for flowers or whatever. I have his and his mothers address if you need it Marty

I just recieved a phone call from Luis's cousin. They were very thankful for our condolenses, but didn't want us to send anything. I let her know how much we loved Luis and that we were all praying for the family.

I guess that's it. RIP Luis. :-(

Dstrbdmedic167
9 December 2015, 09:46
Well at least they called back. Godspeed Luis.

UWone77
9 December 2015, 09:53
I just heard back from his FB friend. His reply is about not getting a response from Luis's mom and where she is staying:

"I am sorry concerning his mom. She is very reserved and also is not doing well. He did live with his mom but I think she is not staying there but with a family member I do not know what to say. She had told me she would call me back but I do not think she will. Thanks for your concern and God bless."

What do you guys think?

Maybe we could collect a few bucks and just sent them a gift card and a note. I think when you're grieving it's hard to say yes you'll accept something from people you don't know. During my conversations with Luis, I don't think he was doing great financially, so it would probably help. Just my 2 cents.

Battle Cock
9 December 2015, 10:11
Maybe we could collect a few bucks and just sent them a gift card and a note. I think when you're grieving it's hard to say yes you'll accept something from people you don't know. During my conversations with Luis, I don't think he was doing great financially, so it would probably help. Just my 2 cents.

I'm in. Just let me know where to send a donation.

Txfilmmaker
9 December 2015, 16:04
I'm in. Just let me know where to send a donation.

I guess they would probably get it if we sent it to Luis's address. Do we have a WEVO leader who wants to receive the funds? I will do it if you guys want. I was thinking some might feel better sending funds to a staff member.

DutyUse
9 December 2015, 16:23
Your as trust worthy as anyone Marty

alamo5000
9 December 2015, 16:30
I am thinking the money thing is the way to go. A gift card is the way to go. We just have to know who to send it to.

Txfilmmaker
9 December 2015, 16:55
I am thinking the money thing is the way to go. A gift card is the way to go. We just have to know who to send it to.

We can either share his address and let them receive a lot of notes and funds, or we can centralize it. It might be nice for them to receive several notes. I think gift cards are a great idea.

voodoo_man
9 December 2015, 19:40
Lets get someone who is within driving distance of his home thay can make contact and figure out what is needed. Just sending money to an address may not work the intended way and if his mom is around she may need something specific or some bills paid or something, maybe luis had a will and he wanted money to go somewhere. Someone should go there and make direct contact before we do anything.

UWone77
9 December 2015, 20:13
Lets get someone who is within driving distance of his home thay can make contact and figure out what is needed. Just sending money to an address may not work the intended way and if his mom is around she may need something specific or some bills paid or something, maybe luis had a will and he wanted money to go somewhere. Someone should go there and make direct contact before we do anything.

Also a very good point. I've seen enough vultures when someone passes where I also don't want to see us funding a leech who wasn't even close to the man.

SINNER
10 December 2015, 07:34
I honestly did not expect to hear much response from his family. And not certain anything donated would be used properly. Luis and I PM'ed each other on FB a few times and he was having some issues where he was living. He seemed concerned about his belongings when he was in the hospital before. I think his residence had a revolving door of family and their friends moving in and out. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I took from his concerns.

voodoo_man
10 December 2015, 07:42
I honestly did not expect to hear much response from his family. And not certain anything donated would be used properly. Luis and I PM'ed each other on FB a few times and he was having some issues where he was living. He seemed concerned about his belongings when he was in the hospital before. I think his residence had a revolving door of family and their friends moving in and out. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I took from his concerns.

That is unfortunate.

Anyone has his personal info? State? Address maybe?

UWone77
10 December 2015, 07:49
That is unfortunate.

Anyone has his personal info? State? Address maybe?

SINNER has a good point, looking back on PM's that's basically the same concerns he shared with me.

VDM, I've got some of that info.

voodoo_man
10 December 2015, 08:13
SINNER has a good point, looking back on PM's that's basically the same concerns he shared with me.

VDM, I've got some of that info.

Maybe contact local PD and see if they can do us a favor? Swing by, see if they can get some info?

That is unless we can get a member that's local to do it?

UWone77
10 December 2015, 08:33
So anyone live near Orlando FL?