PDA

View Full Version : New Sponsor: Superlative Arms

GOST
30 November 2015, 11:54
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12194546_1481447302160922_4932222149719709889_o.pn g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Let's welcome our newest Site Sponsor Superlative Arms LLC. A manufacturer of high quality firearm components. With a background that consists of over 30 years in aerospace engineering and manufacturing. They have been manufacturing for other well known entities and have decided to take their product to market.

Their patent pending bleed off gas blocks have been fully tested and proven by the industries finest. The design of their gas blocks allows you to achieve adjustments by bleeding the gas out of the block instead of restricting it. The adjustment mechanism is on the exterior of the block. Therefore no erosion or seizure of the gas screw. No ball bearing and spring to fowl and we have added a stop on the gas screw so you cannot unintentionally back it out.

Check them out at:

http://suparms.com

DutyUse
30 November 2015, 14:01
Interesting product. Welcome to WEVO guys!

UWone77
30 November 2015, 14:15
Interesting product. Welcome to WEVO guys!

These guys are the ones that developed the bleed off on the front of the piston kit. This may look familiar because they developed the kit for SYRAC. These kits fit under standard handguards. I T&E'ed the SYRAC kit and it lasted 2k rounds without any issues. The only thing was the piston kit on the one I shot, had a weird recoil impulse. voodoo man has had a 16" kit on an upper for the last 6 months or so, I wonder if he's had a chance to shoot it much.

DutyUse
30 November 2015, 14:30
I thought that GB had a familiar shape :D

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/30/55ed741a16bdcc7b40abc78273c82420.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
30 November 2015, 14:31
Welcome!!

Joelski
30 November 2015, 14:36
Veddy, veddy interesteenk!

Kinda want.

Welcome to the madhouse fellas and felletes!

JGifford
30 November 2015, 14:57
I don't want to comment on their gas block, as I have not handled one, but I am a huge fan of straight gas-tubes. I think they are an excellent design vs. "goose neck" conventional tubes.

Pyzik
1 December 2015, 08:11
Pretty cool! Welcome.

Evintos
5 December 2015, 12:52
Welcome. I have a few of questions about the interesting bleed off, direct impingement gas block. I'm not sure if there is a rep on the board or if anyone knows.

1. Does the gas block require memorizing 2-3 different adjustment positions for undercharged ammo, standard ammo, higher pressure ammo/suppressed setting? (Fine tuning purposes)
2. Does the gas block siphon off more gas than conventional adjustable gas blocks?
3. Is the function of your gas block similar in concept to a poppet valve or relief valve?

My concern is that gas is vented prematurely before enough pressure can cycle the action thus requiring opening up the adjustment more (siphoning off more gas) so than conventional offerings.

Another concern is if it's a valve type setup, while adjustment screw wouldn't be stuck, the valve would be due to carbon. Valve stuck and not venting is not a problem whereas valve stuck and continuously vents gas would. Weak/broken valve springs are also a potential problem.

UWone77
6 December 2015, 23:09
Welcome. I have a few of questions about the interesting bleed off, direct impingement gas block. I'm not sure if there is a rep on the board or if anyone knows.

1. Does the gas block require memorizing 2-3 different adjustment positions for undercharged ammo, standard ammo, higher pressure ammo/suppressed setting? (Fine tuning purposes)
2. Does the gas block siphon off more gas than conventional adjustable gas blocks?
3. Is the function of your gas block similar in concept to a poppet valve or relief valve?

My concern is that gas is vented prematurely before enough pressure can cycle the action thus requiring opening up the adjustment more (siphoning off more gas) so than conventional offerings.

Another concern is if it's a valve type setup, while adjustment screw wouldn't be stuck, the valve would be due to carbon. Valve stuck and not venting is not a problem whereas valve stuck and continuously vents gas would. Weak/broken valve springs are also a potential problem.

I forwarded your question to Tony at Superlative Arms, hopefully he provides an answer soon.

mustangfreek
7 December 2015, 00:21
Welcome !!

UWone77
7 December 2015, 11:59

I just cut and pasted his response. Tony from Superlative Arms just signed up for an account here if you have followup questions:

1. & 2. Yes, the design intent is to be able to adjust for any circumstance. We feel that the optimal brass ejection pattern is between 3-4 o'clock if your muzzle device represents 12 o'clock on the dial. Your low gas pressured rounds will run just like a standard gas block (fully open). When you decide to use a mag of higher pressured ammo and/or suppressed you will notice the ejection pattern is anywhere between 1-3. This is when you want to release some of that unneeded gas pressure by backing out the adjustment screw. The excess pressure, not needed to cycle the rifle, is then vented out the front of the block. For the D.I. version less carbon build up in the BCG. For the Piston version less gas in your face. Remember you are not trying to shut the gas off like conventional adjustable blocks, you are releasing it. Allowing you rifle to function at its optimal performance.

3. The gas adjustment screw, when backed out, releases gas pressure through a bore exiting out of the front of the block. There is no spring like valve to fail and our locking adjustment mechanism is on the exterior of the block. BUILT TO LAST!

I hope I answered all of your concerns. If not I am available at 727-849-6880 M-F or send your contact number to Sales@suparms.com

Tony Russo

UDT
7 December 2015, 14:24
Welcome to the forum.

WHSmithIV
7 December 2015, 21:47
Welcome! I like that gas block too [:)]

SuperlativeArms
8 December 2015, 07:10
Thank you!

UWone77
8 December 2015, 20:42
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/5S3A3690_zpszjewosbn.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/5S3A3690_zpszjewosbn.jpg.html)

GOST
8 December 2015, 20:47
Very nice UW, let us know what you think of it.

Dstrbdmedic167
8 December 2015, 21:43
Nice!!