PDA

View Full Version : San Bernardino Shootings

UWone77
2 December 2015, 18:51
Looks like Terrorism vs. Joe Schmoe who got rejected/shunned/kicked out of a study group/hates women/bullied

I hope you guys stocked up the last 3 years.

alamo5000
2 December 2015, 19:27
It's looking more and more like terrorism. Yet they want to talk about gun control vs failure to address terrorism. Let no good crisis go to waste...

SwissyJim
2 December 2015, 19:29
stacked high and deep... learned my lesson last time.
Been reading some of the posts and tweets from 'leaders'. God help us, and the USA.

Naytwan
2 December 2015, 23:48
Bonus is coming, time to stock up on ammo. As soon as I heard about it I could hear Gavin Newsom prepping his governors acceptance speech. He is gonna use this to push that ballot initiative and go ham on us lawful CA gun owners. NRA and Calguns foundation will have a huge task ahead of them. Guess I need to up my donations. Guys, don't give up on us here in CA. What happens here eventually spreads to the rest of the union.

voodoo_man
3 December 2015, 02:37
Fuck terrorists, fuck these murderous shitbags and fuck the left for politicizing everything gun related as though gun bans would do anything more than make more people victims.

Farva
3 December 2015, 03:17
Fuck terrorists, fuck these murderous shitbags and fuck the left for politicizing everything gun related as though gun bans would do anything more than make more people victims.

Amen! So far these mass shootings happen in heavily gun controlled areas and yet people still think MORE control is the answer? When will these people pull their heads out of their asses? And if they call this "work place violence" so help me...

Naytwan
3 December 2015, 03:52
And if they call this "work place violence" so help me...

I was reading an article about this on yahoo and it said police don't know if it's terrorism or work place violence. Wow. Just wow.

Joelski
3 December 2015, 04:02
Media says some as hole greased his co-workers at the office Christmas party. WTF is wrong with people???

Hmac
3 December 2015, 04:50
It's Islamic terrorism. But...they used AR-15's and handguns that were legally acquired. Expect the gun control rhetoric to be amped up to "deafening" over the next weeks.

Pyzik
3 December 2015, 05:30

This.

WHSmithIV
3 December 2015, 08:29
It's terrorism. All 3 were muslims, one of them a Quatari national.

Txfilmmaker
3 December 2015, 08:45
It's terrorism. All 3 were muslims, one of them a Quatari national.

Is the Quatari National the female?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHSmithIV
3 December 2015, 09:49
A little confusion still with who's who, but the female was the wife of the Farouk guy. He went to Saudi and married her there. The apartment apparently looks like a bomb making factory.

UWone77
3 December 2015, 09:51
I saw a clip where Obama doesn't want to rule out this could be work place violence.

Right.

SINNER
3 December 2015, 09:55
I heard she was a mail order bride this morning. Met online 3 months before they went to Saudi Arabia and got married. I can not imagine the mental illness they were suffering from that would cause you to leave your 6 month old and commit such an atrocity.

Txfilmmaker
3 December 2015, 10:24
I heard she was a mail order bride this morning. Met online 3 months before they went to Saudi Arabia and got married. I can not imagine the mental illness they were suffering from that would cause you to leave your 6 month old and commit such an atrocity.

No kidding! It's their ideology. Or maybe it's "climate change." :-o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoxyDave
3 December 2015, 10:43
I hope you guys stocked up the last 3 years.

Pretty much my thoughts whenever I hear of a new shooting ... order another case ...

RiverRat
3 December 2015, 11:04
Pretty much my thoughts whenever I hear of a new shooting ... order another case ...

And I hate to do that.......but I still haven't stocked up on 147 gr rounds for a suppressed 9mm carbine I'm noodling......so I suspect I'll be $200 poorer later today.

ETA1: "The couple who killed 14 people and injured 21 others injured in Wednesday's mass shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, Calif., left 1,400 rounds and three pipe bombs attached to a remote-control device behind at the scene, police say."

Three pipe bombs makes it kinda hard to believe this wasn't planned very well in advance, huh? I try to remain open-minded as information is released, but this dramatically reduces possible motivations for the incident.

ETA2: Sigh, even my favorite suppliers aren't immune to market realities......that 147gr ammo went up 10% this afternoon as his stock dwindles, before I got around to buying. No, I'm not suggesting this is profiteering because these folks have shown themselves to be above that time and time again - quite the opposite, his wholesale supplier is the one upping the price and he's simply been forced to adjust. But it does mean there are enough buyers (or wholesale speculation) to change the market dynamics in the short term.

Farva
3 December 2015, 13:29
Some of you may remember hearing a while back in the news of a man in Oklahoma who decapitated a woman and it was classified as work place violence. Well without saying much on the matter, that happened in my county and he now resides in the jail I work in. Comparatively speaking (to incidences much like the one in Cali) I can see how they could MAYBE stretch it to be work place violence (not likely) but this shit in Cali? No way. I don't see how acts like these can possibly be considered work place violence.

Aragorn
3 December 2015, 15:41
Someone better make sure those terrorists were using 10 round mags and bullet buttons....

RiverRat
3 December 2015, 20:36
Wow, a well-established online ammo dealer offered this comment today: "Biggest panic buy I have ever seen" ..... and he went on to mention his wholesalers are now offering restock at 15% over his recent RETAIL pricing (so what, like 25-30% higher than 3 days ago). Oh boy.....

I'm wondering if this bubble will burst off before the serious 2016 election crapfest starts. Like Rich said "hope you already stacked deep."

Stone
3 December 2015, 20:42
Well that's good news, if they keep buying up all the ammo there wont be any left for the terrorists...

Uffdaphil
3 December 2015, 20:49
Way I look at it the more panic buys of guns and ammo the better. Each wave creates more supporters of the second amendment and anti-prog voters.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 December 2015, 20:52
I'm not where I'd like to be but I can get by for a while no more than I shoot lately... seems to be a camera more than a gun as of late.... Either way I hope every one is prepared!

mustangfreek
3 December 2015, 23:57
Did I stock up... umm no..

SwissyJim
4 December 2015, 10:49
My problem with stocking up is, every time I do I end up shooting more. Then I have to stock up again, which means MORE shooting.
ah, First World Problems... [BD]

Farva
4 December 2015, 13:30
I read an article the other day titled "Americans bought enough guns on Black Friday to arm the marine corps"

voodoo_man
4 December 2015, 13:32
I read an article the other day titled "Americans bought enough guns on Black Friday to arm the marine corps"

As it should every year.

Murica

WHSmithIV
4 December 2015, 15:26
Someone better make sure those terrorists were using 10 round mags and bullet buttons....

Some dumbass politician has already been publicly stating that the bullet button makes them machine guns when pressed............ Then we have CNN reporting that there were a few thousand rounds of .9mm ammo - must be some kind of new rail needle gun that uses it and there's another dumbo commiefornia politician saying publicly they they used "multiautomatic round weapons" - I wonder if those things are made from tires..... and, apparently, there have now been 355 mass shootings in the US in 2015.. (there have been 4).

Dstrbdmedic167
4 December 2015, 15:29
Some dumbass politician has already been publicly stating that the bullet button makes them machine guns when pressed............ Then we have CNN reporting that there were a few thousand rounds of .9mm ammo - must be some kind of new rail needle gun that uses it and there's another dumbo commiefornia politician saying publicly they they used "multiautomatic round weapons" - I wonder if those things are made from tires..... and, apparently, there have now been 355 mass shootings in the US in 2015.. (there have been 4).

What you failed to research is that the FBI classifies any shooting that 4 or more people are killed as a mass shooting... Make sure you have all the facts before you rant otherwise you loose your credibility and end up looking like a fool...

Bronco75
4 December 2015, 15:52
What you failed to research is that the FBI classifies any shooting that 4 or more people are killed as a mass shooting... Make sure you have all the facts before you rant otherwise you loose your credibility and end up looking like a fool...

It's not 4 or more KILLED...it's 4 or more INJURED. They also fail to note how many are gang-related.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 December 2015, 15:56
It's not 4 or more KILLED...it's 4 or more INJURED. They also fail to note how many are gang-related.

I had read 4 people killed in another article but this PDF from the FBI actually states 3 killed not injured...

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/september/fbi-releases-study-on-active-shooter-incidents/pdfs/a-study-of-active-shooter-incidents-in-the-u.s.-between-2000-and-2013

Bronco75
4 December 2015, 16:11
I had read 4 people killed in another article but this PDF from the FBI actually states 3 killed not injured...

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/september/fbi-releases-study-on-active-shooter-incidents/pdfs/a-study-of-active-shooter-incidents-in-the-u.s.-between-2000-and-2013

It's different everywhere you look...I wonder how much it goes down if you only look at shootings where 3 were killed? This PBS link maps them out and says 355 with at least 4 injured...

The idiot on Fox talking about how a bullet button transforms the rifle into an "assault rifle" takes the cake...they all just spew absolute bullshit...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/heres-a-map-of-all-the-mass-shootings-in-2015/

Dstrbdmedic167
4 December 2015, 16:15
It's different everywhere you look...I wonder how much it goes down if you only look at shootings where 3 were killed? This PBS link maps them out and says 355 with at least 4 injured...

The idiot on Fox talking about how a bullet button transforms the rifle into an "assault rifle" takes the cake...they all just spew absolute bullshit...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/heres-a-map-of-all-the-mass-shootings-in-2015/

Agreed it's a YMMV issue but it's always good to know where "the numbers" are coming from...

Yea that guy is a tool...

Thompson
4 December 2015, 16:18
It's "assault style clothing" that did it for me.

Uffdaphil
4 December 2015, 16:25
From a great essay by Larry Correia:

"We all saw the idiotic meme floating around with the thing about how there had been something like three hundred and fifty something mass shootings this year. The only problem? It’s crap. It isn’t the FBI’s definition of that particular crime. They changed the definition to anything where multiple people got shot, so it’s mostly gang violence, drug crime, and even includes things like family murder suicides. Worse, it looks like some of those “mass shootings” never even happened. For my low population, heavily armed, but really low crime state, they list like half a dozen! A friend of mine went through them, found most were regular crimes, and couldn’t even find a single news report about one of the supposed events.

Even then most of those three hundred “mass shootings” took place in jurisdictions with extremely strict gun control laws, like Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, and Washington DC. They usually happened in cities that haven’t elected a republican in generations. So who gets blamed? People in red states where we own piles of guns and have crime rates similar to Canada. I hate to break it to you but no matter how many restrictions you put on gun ownership in Nebraska, people in Chicago are still going to get shot.

In reality gun ownership is at an all-time high and violent crime is way down. In a country of three hundred million people we have some mass shootings, but they’re actually very uncommon. However, they get a huge amount of news coverage. I talk about it in great length at the link above, but breathless, panicked, 24/7 media come aparts bestow instant celebrity and infamy, which actually spurs on and motivates one particular type of mass killer."

Link to full column: http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/12/03/guns-and-vultures/

tact
4 December 2015, 16:27
Or the ex FBI assistant director saying they were heavily funded because of the weapons, he also said the vertical foregrip is for close quarter battle, the optic is extremely expensive like 700 to 1000 dollars because it's what his HRT used. So a s&w mp AR and a dpms sportical with a grip pod and a primary arms looking red dot is highly funded.

Bronco75
4 December 2015, 16:38
Or the ex FBI assistant director saying they were heavily funded because of the weapons, he also said the vertical foregrip is for close quarter battle, the optic is extremely expensive like 700 to 1000 dollars because it's what his HRT used. So a s&w mp AR and a dpms sportical with a grip pod and a primary arms looking red dot is highly funded.

Pipe Bombs must be expensive...because I am only seeing about $3000 in firearms and maybe $1500 in ammo ...not sure where they come up with this $30K number unless they forgot the Barrett .50 and MP5's back at the apartment under a stack of Qurans LOL

voodoo_man
4 December 2015, 16:43

FBI Assistant Director didn't get there by knowing wtf he was talking about, he got there by being a political paper pusher, him talking about this topic and asserting any definitive knowledge on the topic is about as possible as you breathing in space.

UWone77
4 December 2015, 17:05

I was just discussing with a coworker, I bet those chicom optics weren't even sighted in. Hard to sight in or practice with your illegal AR in CA without someone noticing. Probably explains the high number of wounded.

voodoo_man
4 December 2015, 17:28
I was just discussing with a coworker, I bet those chicom optics weren't even sighted in. Hard to sight in or practice with your illegal AR in CA without someone noticing. Probably explains the high number of wounded.

Lots of possible explanations there though.

AR15's at close range don't really do much other than poke .22 size holes in people if you use crappy ammo and don't understand physiology, zero or not, if you aren't shooting to kill specifically, you aren't using the weapon to its full potential.

Furthermore, I doubt that they invested enough time to figure out what ballistics were and how to apply them properly to what they were doing. Could have done some serious damage? Yeah, they could have. 77gr OTM even in a non-vital area will mess you up, even at 10 feet away. Walking the rounds into vital areas, again, not hard but they have to be taught to do that.

Remember something, and please share this when talking about these types of subhuman terrorist garbage, they are savages. They are incompetent, inept and the less intelligent than the dumbest person you've ever met.

BoilerUp
4 December 2015, 18:30
ETA: oops...already covered

UWone77
4 December 2015, 18:49
Lots of possible explanations there though.

AR15's at close range don't really do much other than poke .22 size holes in people if you use crappy ammo and don't understand physiology, zero or not, if you aren't shooting to kill specifically, you aren't using the weapon to its full potential.

Furthermore, I doubt that they invested enough time to figure out what ballistics were and how to apply them properly to what they were doing. Could have done some serious damage? Yeah, they could have. 77gr OTM even in a non-vital area will mess you up, even at 10 feet away. Walking the rounds into vital areas, again, not hard but they have to be taught to do that.

Remember something, and please share this when talking about these types of subhuman terrorist garbage, they are savages. They are incompetent, inept and the less intelligent than the dumbest person you've ever met.

Seems like a lot of them get stopped or slowed down significantly with any kind of malfunction. (Thank God)

Joe Citizen with decent skills and a handgun... we need a lot more of them.

voodoo_man
5 December 2015, 05:04
Seems like a lot of them get stopped or slowed down significantly with any kind of malfunction. (Thank God)

I wonder if they do like, a weird "allahh.......akbar?" When their gun malfunctions.

Bronco75
5 December 2015, 08:05
I wonder if they do like, a weird "allahh.......akbar?" When their gun malfunctions.

I think they make that sound like the Libyans in Back to the Future when their AK jams LOL

UWone77
5 December 2015, 08:31
Some of my favorite videos from the subsequent stupidity following the terrorism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHoSOojnPvUfeature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_jtGXG5dI=youtu.be

Bronco75
5 December 2015, 08:37
My favorite video so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygjGzvZDL_4

RiverRat
5 December 2015, 10:43
Where can I get one of those bullet buttons that functions as a happy switch?

UWone77
6 December 2015, 08:42
Bonus is coming, time to stock up on ammo. As soon as I heard about it I could hear Gavin Newsom prepping his governors acceptance speech. He is gonna use this to push that ballot initiative and go ham on us lawful CA gun owners. NRA and Calguns foundation will have a huge task ahead of them. Guess I need to up my donations. Guys, don't give up on us here in CA. What happens here eventually spreads to the rest of the union.

I hate when I see, especially on social media, guys commenting we should just cut out losses in CA. You're absolutely right Naytwan, we give up any fight in CA, you will soon see the same draconian gun laws spread to other states. It's no coincidence gun control has spread from NY to all the other New England States.

Jerry R
6 December 2015, 08:46
Where can I get one of those bullet buttons that functions as a happy switch?

And they pay people to do research for the talking heads !!

A simple GOOGLE on "CA Bullet Button" would have given them correct information.

Hang in there Naytwan - "It ain't over till it's over"

voodoo_man
6 December 2015, 12:22
CA is the testing environment for everything wrong with liberal America.

Horrible laws for firearms? Check. Which leads to unprecedented "gun violence" in what is supposed to be a gun free utopia. Check.
Politicians still blaming guns for the actions of people? Check. More laws! Check.

What will any of that fix? What has any of that fixed? Nothing.

It never will.

RiverRat
6 December 2015, 12:36
Introduction of ill-considered laws into states with a large number of ex-Cali transplants. Check.

Don't think the problem is confined to the coast, the bad legislation spreads like locusts.

Thompson
6 December 2015, 13:48
Then there's this BS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AokCIPiuRpM
I think some people don't realize the threat that we face from the so called "education system." When you have all these leftist liberal arts "professors" who teach subjectively into the minds of easily impressionable young adults.

voodoo_man
6 December 2015, 15:30
Then there's this BS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AokCIPiuRpM
I think some people don't realize the threat that we face from the so called "education system." When you have all these leftist liberal arts "professors" who teach subjectively into the minds of easily impressionable young adults.

Fuck that guy and the rainbow colored goat he rode in on.

He is exactly what is wrong with academia and the "intellectuals" of the US.

Just a note to the wise - never let one of these idiots spout their crap in front of you. Crush their numbers with facts, rebuke their stupid and completely asinine statements with logic.

33k people die every year from guns? Oh Really? How many of them are SUICIDES? How many of them are CRIMINAL ACTS???

2A Was designed around muskets? Oh Really? Guess you shouldn't be able to spout your bullshit on the internet, television, on social media or in any other form than HAND PRINT??

You have a control impulse problem? When you fly off the handle you want to FELONIOUSLY MURDER people? Maybe you should see a shrink and not project your own insecurities and the weakness your political party seem to exude in a place of learning??

Never, ever let these idiots keep talking. Crush them at once, crush them with facts and logic, crush them even if they scream at the top of their lungs like the little cry babies they are.

Joelski
6 December 2015, 15:39
Accademia is so full of bullshit fallacy pushers, its not a surprise at all that this nincompoop is spewing the party line of the liberal "here, take my gun and kill me please" party. Crime is down because of more armed citizens, not idiotic gun laws that criminals don't give two shits about, but do you think they can grasp that? These wankbots are booksmart, but utterly lacking in any sense, good, or common.

Army203
6 December 2015, 19:08

Well, it seemed like half of the mortor rounds that landed our FOB back in 04-05 never had secondary safety removed. Thank god for lack of training...or is that thank Allah?

alamo5000
6 December 2015, 19:48

He is exactly what is wrong with academia and the "intellectuals" of the US.

Just a note to the wise - never let one of these idiots spout their crap in front of you. Crush their numbers with facts, rebuke their stupid and completely asinine statements with logic.

33k people die every year from guns? Oh Really? How many of them are SUICIDES? How many of them are CRIMINAL ACTS???

2A Was designed around muskets? Oh Really? Guess you shouldn't be able to spout your bullshit on the internet, television, on social media or in any other form than HAND PRINT??

You have a control impulse problem? When you fly off the handle you want to FELONIOUSLY MURDER people? Maybe you should see a shrink and not project your own insecurities and the weakness your political party seem to exude in a place of learning??

Never, ever let these idiots keep talking. Crush them at once, crush them with facts and logic, crush them even if they scream at the top of their lungs like the little cry babies they are.

I got kind of screwed when I was in college... There was a huge debate about something regarding Texas (I am from Texas, but I went to school in Hawaii)... anyway this liberal professor was talking all kinds of bullshit about the subject and I argued with him. Later on in the semester I did a full on report in front of the class (and him) complete with a personal letter (on letterhead) from the Attorney General of the State of Texas proving that dumbass professor wrong on all counts. It cited the laws, the codes, and all kinds of stuff... boy he didn't like that AT ALL.

The class loved it, but the professor did not. He wasn't amused and it reflected in my grade that he got bitch slapped and proven wrong in front of everyone.

Thompson
6 December 2015, 21:27

I wish I was in his class; would have torn him a new one.

He wasn't amused and it reflected in my grade that he got bitch slapped and proven wrong in front of everyone.
That's the other problem with academia - your grades can be taken hostage.

voodoo_man
7 December 2015, 03:09
I got kind of screwed when I was in college... There was a huge debate about something regarding Texas (I am from Texas, but I went to school in Hawaii)... anyway this liberal professor was talking all kinds of bullshit about the subject and I argued with him. Later on in the semester I did a full on report in front of the class (and him) complete with a personal letter (on letterhead) from the Attorney General of the State of Texas proving that dumbass professor wrong on all counts. It cited the laws, the codes, and all kinds of stuff... boy he didn't like that AT ALL.

The class loved it, but the professor did not. He wasn't amused and it reflected in my grade that he got bitch slapped and proven wrong in front of everyone.

When that occurs you go to the Dean instantly.

I have this happen once or twice in college and it was immediately corrected because they know that there is no way they can allow these POS liberal teachers give bad grades for not agreeing with them.

That is their only recourse, give bad grades, not provide substance in way of facts or logic. They have no legs to stand on.

DutyUse
7 December 2015, 04:48
I'm glad I graduated from a Christian college. Not only did I have a great experience but all of my professors were the same... Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Uffdaphil
7 December 2015, 05:15
My buddy and were the only guys in our women's studies class and it was sarcastic hostility from the prof from day one. During our presentation on "Sexism in County Music" I thought she might have a stroke. She called us into her office and gave us the choice of an F or never coming to class again and receiving a C. Last we saw of her. Guess it was too much listening tp Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys doing "Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed".*

alamo5000
7 December 2015, 10:44
I have to admit that I didn't get along too well in college. I had a few professors that just had it coming. I was fluent mandarin before I ever stepped foot on campus and China/Chinese has been a long term specialization of mine. I didn't mean to be an asshole but he really had it coming. After a week of his bullshit I called out the teacher to which he replied "well if you know so much why don't you just come up here and teach the class"...

To make a long story short I did. But I gave a short lecture in Chinese and then pulled an airline ticket stub out of my pocket where I had just came back from Beijing maybe a month earlier. I told the whole.class right there that he was full of shit.

That stunt didn't go over too well. I had to see the head of the department and the dean and ultimately had a big official meeting with the VP of the school (about 30k students)...

They were expecting me to be all contrite but I walked in and sat down and demanded a refund. I questioned the VP pretty directly about the kind crap being passed off as education among other things.

After writing a 15 page single spaced essay on the subject that ultimately went up for peer review from other professors...I got an A in his class and the professor retired at the end of the semester.

True story.

Uffdaphil
7 December 2015, 10:48
Well played!

alamo5000
7 December 2015, 11:00
You should have seen the look on everyone's faces, especially the few Chinese students there when a white boy took the teacher out behind the woodshed. I think they were more shocked that I actually spoke Chinese and that I had the balls to stand up to him more than anything.

voodoo_man
7 December 2015, 12:59
You should have seen the look on everyone's faces, especially the few Chinese students there when a white boy took the teacher out behind the woodshed. I think they were more shocked that I actually spoke Chinese and that I had the balls to stand up to him more than anything.

Pretty much me in my junior and senior year in college.

Had a few years in LE trying to finish up my BS and taking CJ classes where then teacher was spewing garbage. I corrected them a few times and the responses were always the same "thats not how it works...." "well seeing as how i did that this morning, thats exactly how it works."

Same thing as previously, teacher tried to give me a bad grade i yelled at him and he told me to pound sand, went to deans office and yelled at him, was refunded and given the credits i earned, that and the teacher quit (or was fired...who cares).

Aberration79
7 December 2015, 13:26

Did you ever point your finger at him? Possibly put it in his chest? I discovered after a couple years working in Shanghai that this was considered highly offensive, especially when you do it publicly to a superior. Supposedly my lack of awareness to social structure made me racist. :shrug:

I once had a physics instructor, former State Police, insist that p = m * v^2. He drew a red button on the white board, labelled it "Faith". He was right, the book was wrong, just have faith in him... Of course I couldn't afford a real school, so at ITT a letter from me and the class to HQ resulted in me getting a D. But he never taught physics again. And I got an A in Physics 2 from an Indian instructor who was quite puzzled at how I got a D in Physics 1.

Joelski
7 December 2015, 13:40
I majored in pushups, situps, wind sprints, etc.. should've changed my major to P.E.

Also got a D in H.S. Chem because I wouldn't rail the teacher. Sorry, but she was about as attractive as a uterine inversion.

:D