PDA

View Full Version : Eotech exps3 and magnifier vs. 1x4

ducrider14
14 December 2015, 11:44
What's everyone's preference, this isn't for 3 gun or anything, just basically a truck gun, I have two eotech sights but never had a 1x4, any real benefits of either one over the other, I ended up getting a vortex pst 2.5x10x32 for my other gun but was looking for something In between for this one,

Joelski
14 December 2015, 12:04
Just got a Vortex Crossfire 1x4 and it's looking to be a pretty decent scope for next to nothing in terms of what you can spend on glass. I like the illuminated reticle and wouldn't own an optic without one. I've got a lot more time on red dots and my eye is trained to pick up that dot a lot faster than a crosshair. It's allegedly heavy, but with little else in my bank of experience, I'll take that as opinion. I'll probably end up with a bit higher power, probably a 4x low setting, but I wanted a decent and inexpensive starter model to get into longer distance shooting.

There'll be proponents for running a mag with your EOTech as well. I started with a Crossfire and Vortex magnifier, and hardly ever use the mag. Now I've got an Aimpoint and the Vortex red dot is parked as well! If you already have a scoped ridle, you might really want to consider running your EOTech as you can always flip the mgg off to the side and not have to check zero because you swapped from another ridle.

The obvious solution is to build identical rifles and have one of each! [wow]

Okay, I'm no help at all. [:D]

Hmac
14 December 2015, 12:41
I have a G33 magnifier. I mount it on 4 different rifles behind an EXPS3, an Aimpoint PRO, a micro T-1. It sucks behind the T-1, but works great with the other optics. I ran it in a carbine course with Larry Vickers this past fall and it really worked well. Inside 25 yards I just slapped it to the side.

Jerry R
14 December 2015, 12:58
What Hmac said. I have one G33, and run it behind EXPS3's, PRO's, and one SPARC-II --- works very well.

Having said that, I am more of a benchrest kinda guy, and I love crosshairs. RDS = quick, durable, and easy; specially on large thin skinned varmints. Crosshair = which button on his shirt do I pick?

Run all the RDS units you want (with or without a magnifier), but I feel everyone should have at least one rifle with some style of crosshair.

Disclaimer: I'm an old fart with old eyes.

ducrider14
14 December 2015, 16:21
I've got a vortex 2.5x10x32 ffp scope coming so I'm covere that way, it's going on my 16" proof barrel ar, I've also got a aimpoint T1 on a 10.5 sbr, I've got two eotech exps's but might get rid of one and get the magnifier or get something like the vortex pst 1x4, which would be going on my 14.5 ar