PDA

View Full Version : Agency Arms Upcoming AR15 Rfile

UWone77
14 December 2015, 19:01
Looks like Agency Arms (http://www.agencyarms.us/) is going to build their own AR15 platform rifle. Full rifles at first, receivers available down the road. Took this directly off of the Agency Arms (http://www.agencyarms.us/) Social Media:

http://www.agencyarms.us/

Little sneak peek of what's to come...Stay tuned for more! Pre-orders are available and existing Agents have the ability to match their Agent number to their rifle serial number! MSRP $2900

1. 14.5" 416 Stainless Lithium Isolated Barrel
2. Chambered in .223 Wylde with a 1:8 Twist, Medium Weight Profile
3. Midlength Gas System
4. Dead Air Suppressor Ready Muzzle Break pinned for a 16” OAL
4. CLASSIFIED 13.4" Rail
5. CLASSIFIED
6. Fully Ambidextrous lower with integral trigger guard, and flared magwell
7. Alg Defense ACT Trigger
8. AXTS Raptor Handle
9. CLASSIFIED
10. H2 Buffer
11. Magpul Pro Sights
12. Magpul K2 Grip
13. Magpul SL Stock
14. Dead Air Agency Edition Pyro
Also included:
Grey Ghost rifle case
G-Code Scorpion Belt pouch
Two ETS clear magazines
RailScales Panels

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/AA_zpstwmvzium.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/AA_zpstwmvzium.jpg.html)

GOST
14 December 2015, 19:25
Looks good, wonder if this is a collaboration with either 2A Arms or SMOS?

UWone77
14 December 2015, 19:27
Looks good, wonder if this is a collaboration with either 2A Arms or SMOS?

Obviously, that's CLASSIFIED [BD]

GOST
14 December 2015, 19:40
That's what I was figuring, maybe an agent knows. Looks a lot like SMOS work though.

Liberal_Strong
14 December 2015, 20:26
saw this on instagram yesterday and got really excited. i dont even have glock or any agency products but they seem to be used by everyone..

Naytwan
14 December 2015, 20:49
I know a guy that's close to the Agency guys. I'll ping him and see if he can get more info. Probably not though [BD][wow]

voodoo_man
14 December 2015, 21:46
...cant get on board with agency.

Cool idea and more power to them for their marketing game, but a glock is still just a glock regardless of what you do to it.

din
15 December 2015, 01:40
What the hell is a lithium isolated barrel?

GOST
15 December 2015, 01:51

Cool idea and more power to them for their marketing game, but a glock is still just a glock regardless of what you do to it.
Very true.

Good question.

SINNER
15 December 2015, 14:59
The only thing I know of with lithium and Stainless steel is when lithium hydroxide is used in a salt bath heat treatment. Never heard it called lithium isolated stainless before though.

Chainring
28 December 2015, 17:39
Looks like the Cross Machine and Tool ambi bolt release. Anything by Cross is good.

redmist
31 December 2015, 19:57
This lower has nothing to do with 2A Armament, other than looking like our product! [wow] [BD]

Ryan

UWone77
31 December 2015, 19:59
This lower has nothing to do with 2A Armament, other than looking like our product! [wow] [BD]

Ryan

Thank You! I was racking my brain for the last 2 days trying to figure out where I've seen a similar lower from. Forgot all about 2A. I wanted a set last year, but it slipped my mind.

redmist
31 December 2015, 20:13
It was only a matter of time until this happened, we figured it would have happened a lot sooner. We are on to the XANTHOS-lite now (.308 large frame set) and have already dropped some hints on it here and there. We will have a full prototype rifle at SHOT 2016 in a few days.

The BALIOS-lite is making a good run in the quality lightweight division, and it's still the champion in the weight department without going to extremes. (Cutting massive holes in the product.) Its been ran hard in rifle classes, 3-gun events, and has even made the rounds with John and Houston Shaw. One thing we will not do is give up function to win a weight battle. Our BLR-16 Rifle could be much lighter, but it would also not be a solid rifle that I feel could be fully reliable.... Rendering a lower like above is one thing... producing it without having to hold it 5 times in a vertical is another. I am excited for the competition sprouting up! Lets hope Agency Arms has some good advancements coming with this, and we see others contributing to the market as well.

It does look nice!

Ryan

Stone
31 December 2015, 20:24
$2900?[crazy] I could build a better rifle with higher end parts for $300 less.

UWone77
31 December 2015, 20:35
The BALIOS - Lite is on my to do list for 2016.

Feel free to offer WEVO a deal. [:)]

Battle Cock
31 December 2015, 20:48
The BALIOS - Lite is on my to do list for 2016.

Feel free to offer WEVO a deal. [:)]

Just wait a couple months until our wallets recover from the last WEVO deal.

redmist
31 December 2015, 20:56
I absolutely need to get my poop in a group and get on board here, lets try to get that done soon!

Ryan

UWone77
31 December 2015, 21:03
Just wait a couple months until our wallets recover from the last WEVO deal.

Yeah no kidding. We've had some seriously generous manufacturers and dealers here this year. The wallet has taken a beating, just ask voodoo man. LOL Stappph it!!

I absolutely need to get my poop in a group and get on board here, lets try to get that done soon!

Ryan

Heck yeah! I'll send you a PM next week.

voodoo_man
1 January 2016, 06:34
Yeah no kidding. We've had some seriously generous manufacturers and dealers here this year. The wallet has taken a beating, just ask voodoo man. LOL Stappph it!!

Seriously, I havn't missed a group buy and I have a stack of stuff at home just sitting there.

Joelski
1 January 2016, 06:56

Glock's gotta Glock...

[BD]

Joelski
1 January 2016, 06:58

Total Jobs soundbyte. Maybe it's a collaboration with Apple?

Joelski
1 January 2016, 07:06
Seriously, I havn't missed a group buy and I have a stack of stuff at home just sitting there.

Send it over!

I just scored an AXTS BCG and FDE Raptor from Rog because.... well.... AXTS! :)

voodoo_man
1 January 2016, 08:02
Glock's gotta Glock...

[BD]

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I won't be buying an agency glock or any modified glock of any kind. I do my own mods, don't need to waste money on mods that don't need to be made.

Battle Cock
1 January 2016, 09:37
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I won't be buying an agency glock or any modified glock of any kind. I do my own mods, don't need to waste money on mods that don't need to be made.

It's definitely not unfortunate if you can do your own modifications.
I grew up loosely associated with the guy who does the work for EPP and will be launching Fowler Industries soon. (I'm sure you'll see some hype about it from Costa.)
I loved his work but was convinced it could do it myself. So, I taught myself how.

...It only took 4 years and thousands of man hours to get where I am now.

voodoo_man
1 January 2016, 09:50
I grew up loosely associated with the guy who does the work for EPP and will be launching Fowler Industries soon. (I'm sure you'll see some hype about it from Costa.)
I loved his work but was convinced it could do it myself. So, I taught myself how.

If you are talking about stippling then I agree, lots of skill is involved in that endeavor, none of which I want to spend time on perfecting.

I do the shooting, teaching, carrying and training part of the gun industry game a lot more than I do the producing (unless you count photography/reviewing).

With that when I see guns that look cool but really serve no purpose in the real world I get a "People's" eye brow and wonder why and how anyone would pay the top dollar they are asking.

I can sit here and dissect every little issue I can find but in the end people are going to buy what they want for reasons that are foreign to me.

This is akin to the ricer civic vs RWD turbo convo people used to have - you can buy a civic hatch, put $5k of work into it and it'll smoke a lot of cars on the road or you can buy a supra (or something of that nature/design) and do very minimal work, one will always be a civic, the other will actually worth a second look.

UWone77
1 January 2016, 10:20

I saw some of Logan's work. Looks good, but $2300....

Battle Cock
1 January 2016, 10:40
With that when I see guns that look cool but really serve no purpose in the real world I get a "People's" eye brow and wonder why and how anyone would pay the top dollar they are asking.

Haven't you been paying attention to Colion Noir? Guns are cool. Cool guns are cooler!

I only got seriously motivated to try stippling and other frame mods after handling a Glock with those mods and discovered their utility. My early work was purely utilitarian.

I saw some of Logan's work. Looks good, but $2300....

Well he's certainly got the pedigree, experience, and connections to know what optimum performance looks like and how to get it.

voodoo_man
1 January 2016, 13:00
I don't make it a habit of listening to anyone who doesn't work or train as hard or harder than I do with a gun about the topic.

Noir can post his NRA backed videos all he wants, cool message and all, but leave the training and tactics to the pros.

Battle Cock
1 January 2016, 13:15
Noir can post his NRA backed videos all he wants, cool message and all, but leave the training and tactics to the pros.
That was essentially my point. His cool message is a marketing strategy for firearms as a whole. People like to buy cool stuff to satisfy their vanity. Regardless of the utility of their product, Agency Arms has effectively marketed it and made it attractive to many who will invariably purchase it to satisfy wants more than needs.

voodoo_man
1 January 2016, 16:43
That was essentially my point. His cool message is a marketing strategy for firearms as a whole. People like to buy cool stuff to satisfy their vanity. Regardless of the utility of their product, Agency Arms has effectively marketed it and made it attractive to many who will invariably purchase it to satisfy wants more than needs.

I agree, marketing is a powerful tool effective to the masses that want the latest, greatest tchotchke thata going to make them a ST6 assaulter. While in reality the guys who do the work rarely need those items and spend more time training than looking for random stuff to make them appear to be better.

I was in a class last year, guy had a zevtech super custom jobber, couldnt shoot worth a damn. I had my duty g17, ny1 trigger and oem triji night sights, crushing every drill. The difference? I put enough training in to know i don't need some magical highspeed gun to make me better, most don't.

More power to them though, capitalism and America at its finest, id just like people to train more, listen to the people who are worth a damn and not worship false idols with gaudy gold..

Naytwan
10 February 2016, 23:46
Anyone know what the weight is on the classified?

UWone77
26 May 2016, 09:59
Anyone know what the weight is on the classified?

7lbs with an empty magazine

UWone77
26 May 2016, 09:59

voodoo_man
26 May 2016, 10:35
Agency is using PWS's picmod?

Cool.

Still super expensive.

schambers
26 May 2016, 12:19
A company called "Bootleg inc" sells the same picmod rail and a similar upper receiver.

I'm assuming the Bootleg/ PWS relationship is similar to SMOS/ Noveske?

voodoo_man
26 May 2016, 13:02
A company called "Bootleg inc" sells the same picmod rail and a similar upper receiver.

bootleg and pws are the same company, essentially.

Joelski
26 May 2016, 13:16

What does that make ZEV? Just as guilty?

Battle Cock
26 May 2016, 13:19
What does that make ZEV? Just as guilty?

Guilty in the sense that they employ marketing? Sure.

I don't think marketing is evil. I just have the sense to see it for what it is.

VIPER 237
26 May 2016, 14:19

Bootleg is the accessory side of PWS.