PDA

View Full Version : 911! ANOTHER ASSUALT WEAPON BAN 12/17/15

Stone
17 December 2015, 10:12
Here they come again with the same old garbage. Lets get a hold of ALL of our legislatures and light up the phone lines, emails and social media to let them know we ARE NOT GOING TO TOLERATE THIS!!!!

H.R.4269 - To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

LETS SQUASH THIS BEFORE IT GAINS ANY TRACTION!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/cosponsors

http://www.guns.com/2015/12/17/123-house-democrats-back-sweeping-assault-weapons-ban-video/

UWone77
17 December 2015, 11:10
Thats definitely a preview of what's to come if they get control of the House/Senate in 2016. No chance of passing right now, but yeah, you're right, gotta nip this in the bud.

JGifford
17 December 2015, 15:12
Back when the 2nd ammendment was originally drafted, private citizens owned ships of war, complete with cannon, that traversed us waterways. Let that sink in for a minute.

Stone
18 December 2015, 07:05
I understand that some folks are hesitant to write their legislators because they have trouble penning a message. Please feel free to cut/paste and edit my letter as you deem necessary.

Dear Congressman(enter name)
It has come to my attention that yet again Democrats are trying to impose another Semi-automatic rifle ban. AKA (assault rifle ban) I cannot even begin to tell you how tired and angry I am at their propositions to impose more junk legislation that has been proven to fail over and over again. Anybody that blames the weapon instead of the criminal for a crime is willingly ignorant and seriously misinformed. (Not to exclude a hidden agenda as well.)
H.R.4269 is an absolute assault on my Second amendment right to bear arms. The items in this bill are an abomination and an insult to those who have fought and died to preserve our freedoms over the last 200 years. Let’s not forget that the Revolutionary war began because the British tried to impose similar legislation over the colonies. Many in Washington seem to have forgotten these truths.
We put you people in office to do OUR will and to uphold the Constitution. As of late you seem to be imposing your will over ours and pass whatever legislation you deem as best. The sole purpose of the Second amendment is the right and ability to defend ourselves personally and as a nation against a tyrannical government. This right is enforced by the bill of rights but is given unto all men from God himself!
Lest you forget,
“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed!”
Please vote NO on “ H.R. 4269: To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes”.
Any legislator that wants to disarm American citizens(or in any way diminish the capability to defend ourselves) who are under attack from terrorists(or even in times of peace) prove unto themselves that they are the real terrorists and the real threat to the safety and freedom of the people of the United States.
Sincerely, (enter name)

Stone
18 December 2015, 07:06
Remember folks that one email is counted as 13,000 actual voices. They understand that there are 12,999 people who feel the same but didn't take the time to write to them. Remember this goes the same way for the gun control people as well. If we hammer them now this wont even make it out of committee. Stay frosty!!

OmahaOutdoors
20 December 2015, 10:53
Back when the 2nd ammendment was originally drafted, private citizens owned ships of war, complete with cannon, that traversed us waterways. Let that sink in for a minute.

This is my favorite thing to point out. People today don't care about facts or reality. They tend to fall into the simly reasoning that "Guns are scary. I need my big brother to take them away from people."