PDA

View Full Version : SR 25/DPMS High rails

gatordev
18 December 2015, 16:19
So I've been poking around the 'net for various options for a rail and I have a feeling I may just end up with a SR25 rail, but figured I'd see if there were some options I was missing. I'm looking for a .308 rail to go on a MATEN setup. I'm mostly interested in a quad-rail (or bi-rail...top and bottom) setup so that I don't have to buy additional accouterments to attach to a MLOK system. If I didn't go for a quad-rail, then something like a URX 3.1 rail would be the limit, as I still like to have bottom rails for a handstop and bipod.

Besides the KAC options out there, I've seen the MI .308 rails and the SWS rails, but I'm not sure either excites me. I've taken note of the SLR SOLO (?) quad rails, but I can't find a weight for them.

So, any other suggestions? With everyone going to "Brazilian"-type rails, there doesn't seem to be a ton of available SR25/DPMS high rails out there that aren't slathered with Keymod.

jdhill
20 December 2015, 15:09
Have you considered the Centurion Arms CMR or Wilson Combat T.R.I.M.?

gatordev
21 December 2015, 04:08
I looked at the CMR, becasue I know he makes good stuff, but...

I'm mostly interested in a quad-rail (or bi-rail...top and bottom)

A "Brazillian" rail doesn't make much sense to me as I either have to slap rail sections on, which starts to get annoying when you're trying to shoot off-hand, or I have to buy more attachments to make it work like I want (bipod attachemnt, handstop). I'm really not super keen on the URX 3.1 because it puts the bipod so far forward, which can cause issues on a barricade, though I need to look at that again on my SR-25 and see how close it is.

SINNER
21 December 2015, 06:04
http://fortismfg.com/ar10-fortis-switch-308-rail-system-12

I have one on a beater build that has held up very well.

gatordev
21 December 2015, 11:42
http://fortismfg.com/ar10-fortis-switch-308-rail-system-12

I have one on a beater build that has held up very well.

I've seen one in person, and it looked nice. But again, no bottom rail. I found a URX 2 for sale on the EE, but I think I might be too late. I'm amazed it lasted this long with his price.