PDA

View Full Version : New Shooter Range Day

tappedandtagged
22 December 2015, 13:19
A couple from my church called me the other day to "settle" a debate. Seems they were watching the democratic debate, and they were beginning to argue about the gun control issue. They knew I was a "gun guy" and LEO, so they called for my input. Turns out, they were mostly ignorant when it comes to the gun industry (which is the demographic that the dems take advantage of). Instead of trying to explain my views and thoughts to them over the phone, I invited them out to the range so they could see for themselves that guns are only tools.

Tomorrow, we're all going out to my private range. I think there are going to be 4-5 of them, which is fine since our families have been friends for generations. I plan on first and foremost, having a sit down discussion with visual aids (unloaded guns) and go over range/gun safety. I'll then start them off with the easiest of my guns, a supressed 10/22, and work them up from there.

Not quite sure what all they'll end up shooting, but I plan on bringing most of my arsenal. All in all, I'm excited about this opportunity to introduce some new folks to the shooting world. And, as said before, I get to spend an afternoon with some great old friends.

Battle Cock
22 December 2015, 13:52
A couple from my church called me the other day to "settle" a debate. Seems they were watching the democratic debate, and they were beginning to argue about the gun control issue. They knew I was a "gun guy" and LEO, so they called for my input. Turns out, they were mostly ignorant when it comes to the gun industry (which is the demographic that the dems take advantage of). Instead of trying to explain my views and thoughts to them over the phone, I invited them out to the range so they could see for themselves that guns are only tools.

Tomorrow, we're all going out to my private range. I think there are going to be 4-5 of them, which is fine since our families have been friends for generations. I plan on first and foremost, having a sit down discussion with visual aids (unloaded guns) and go over range/gun safety. I'll then start them off with the easiest of my guns, a supressed 10/22, and work them up from there.

Not quite sure what all they'll end up shooting, but I plan on bringing most of my arsenal. All in all, I'm excited about this opportunity to introduce some new folks to the shooting world. And, as said before, I get to spend an afternoon with some great old friends.

Good for you! I love getting new shooters onto the range and providing an organized, safe introduction to firearms. It's the only cure to the ignorance that creates such hysteria around firearms.

I took a group of newbie college students out shooting and one of them happened to be a graphic design student, so I ended up with my current BC logo as a thank you.