PDA

View Full Version : 9mm AR discussion

mustangfreek
25 December 2015, 17:55
Hey fellas..Been thinking about this for a while, and need ideas - help for what I'm thinking is my next project.
9mm AR platform-for me and dumb dumb wa regs/laws would be in a pistol configuration

-I'm thinking short barrel like 5-6" ???

- lower and upper

-lowers what's the best option out there, as if I'm gonna do this a glock mag lower is what I'm thinking..And understanding some have the last round bolt hold open and others don't, while I thought there was someone about to Come out with one?

-Which comes to my next thing is bolt carrier.

School me..post pics.. Seems like a fun blaster ..with a glock lower for mags

UWone77
25 December 2015, 17:59
I'm in the process as we speak. My 4.5 and 8.5 barrels should get here Tuesday. I'll update this thread as my build progresses.

mustangfreek
25 December 2015, 18:02
What lowers/ uppers you using?

UWone77
25 December 2015, 18:07
What lowers/ uppers you using?

Joe Bob/New Frontier.

alamo5000
25 December 2015, 18:42
I am following the thread. A 9mm AR has piqued my interest.

Dstrbdmedic167
25 December 2015, 18:44
Definitely the next thing on my list!

JHoward
25 December 2015, 21:25
So far, I can only say what not to do.

While I love my New Frontier modular bolt, I cannot recommend using the supplied firing pin. From what I have read, I'm not the only one who has broken theirs. I ordered 2 RRA's, and I will update how they do when I get them.

I am using a MAS Defense 7.5" barrel and a Daniel Defense Lite 7.0 rail. The upper I'm using is nothing special. Just a normal slick-side.

The lower is a New Frontier. I was disappointed that it doesn't drop my Glock mags free, but it doesn't take much. It does drop ETS mags free though. The finish on the New Frontier is nice, and the only mod I have made to it is I cleaned up and adjusted the ejector to interface with the bolt properly. I polished the inlet of the barrel. Guess you could call it a "feed ramp".

I'm running a Q-9 buffer, regular power spring, and a KAK setup with the Shockwave blade.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224029119_zpskxfi6emj_edit_1451106626 282_zpsyg4utxyz.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224029119_zpskxfi6emj_edit_1451106626 282_zpsyg4utxyz.jpg.html)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224041878_zpsthm4vq2i_edit_1451106737 671_zpsuib0qzek.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224041878_zpsthm4vq2i_edit_1451106737 671_zpsuib0qzek.jpg.html)

My wife took the good cam. Sorry for the quality.

UWone77
25 December 2015, 21:33
So far, I can only say what not to do.

While I love my New Frontier modular bolt, I cannot recommend using the supplied firing pin. From what I have read, I'm not the only one who has broken theirs. I ordered 2 RRA's, and I will update how they do when I get them.

I am using a MAS Defense 7.5" barrel and a Daniel Defense Lite 7.0 rail. The upper I'm using is nothing special. Just a normal slick-side.

The lower is a New Frontier. I was disappointed that it doesn't drop my Glock mags free, but it doesn't take much. It does drop ETS mags free though. The finish on the New Frontier is nice, and the only mod I have made to it is I cleaned up and adjusted the ejector to interface with the bolt properly. I polished the inlet of the barrel. Guess you could call it a "feed ramp".

I'm running a Q-9 buffer, regular power spring, and a KAK setup with the Shockwave blade.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224029119_zpskxfi6emj_edit_1451106626 282_zpsyg4utxyz.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224029119_zpskxfi6emj_edit_1451106626 282_zpsyg4utxyz.jpg.html)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224041878_zpsthm4vq2i_edit_1451106737 671_zpsuib0qzek.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151225_224041878_zpsthm4vq2i_edit_1451106737 671_zpsuib0qzek.jpg.html)

My wife took the good cam. Sorry for the quality.

No safety or is that an optical illusion? Do you wish you went longer or shorter barrel? Or is the 7.5" just right?

Battle Cock
25 December 2015, 22:00
No safety or is that an optical illusion? Do you wish you went longer or shorter barrel? Or is the 7.5" just right?

No rear sight or pistol grip cap either. But then, he mentioned the Shockwave and I don't see that either so I figure those pictures aren't of the complete build.

RiverRat
25 December 2015, 22:12
In process as well. Unusual bits for this build:

Lower: QC10 Small Frame Glock - I wanted a dedicated 9mm lower with integrated LRBHO, especially after seeing a pre-production photo of the NFA/JBO upper-integrated LRBHO upper design. I'll have to be a little careful to prevent the catch from getting hammered. Spring choice, 9mm buffer and bumper TBD. The MVB 9mm ARC stock looks cool, but $400 is higher in price than I want to go.

Upper: I'm considering a side charging upper (GIBBZ), but gas relief for suppressed use needs some research. It's more likely that I'll use a CMT UPUR-4 with a vented charging handle or some std mil spec upper receiver with a vent plug in the FA (and still maybe venting at the handle. ) That receiver will support a 5" TROS barrel (integrated 3 lug adapter). Seems like just about the longest barrel that keeps factory 147 gr loads reliably subsonic (sources available on request), though I think it flirts with transonic. Built in suppressor mounting system will be a bonus. Considering a Glock-cut SPLINTA BCG (?), but could be one of several others as well (Macon Armory, New Frontier, QC10). Finally, it gets a 7" Seekins MSCR or 5" ODIN rail - gotta be wide enough for the suppressor to sit inside (or really short).

The guys at a local shop have been surprised by one of the YHM 9mm suppressors on the owner's MP5. Going to look into it a little more. That suppressor will also see some use on a 8.3" 300 BO upper.

From there's it's mostly the normal stuff: ALG ACT, BAD-ASS Std/Sht, BCM Mod 3 grip, maybe an MFT Mimimalist stock, MBUS or MBUS PRO, a spare Primary Arms RDS.

Deadwing
26 December 2015, 02:24
I've been debating building a 9mm AR platform gun. But, i could buy a CZ Scorpion for less than i could build a 9mm AR for. Then there's the Sig MPX, which isn't nearly as inexpensive as the CZ, but is a damn cool gun. But what i really want is an MP5, which for something like a Dakota Tactical (if you can even get your hands on one) is even more expensive yet. I'll follow this thread with interest, and see what you guys come up with.

alamo5000
26 December 2015, 07:08
I've been debating building a 9mm AR platform gun. But, i could buy a CZ Scorpion for less than i could build a 9mm AR for. Then there's the Sig MPX, which isn't nearly as inexpensive as the CZ, but is a damn cool gun. But what i really want is an MP5, which for something like a Dakota Tactical (if you can even get your hands on one) is even more expensive yet. I'll follow this thread with interest, and see what you guys come up with.

You are thinking the exact same thing I was thinking. An AR9 is still on the table I just have to think about it some.

schambers
26 December 2015, 07:50
I've been waffling on whether or not to build a 9mm SBR for a while now and I'm torn between an AR and a the CZ. Main advantages that the CZ has is that it will ultimately be less expensive to build and it's a better suppressor host, in that you do not get as much gas in the face compared to an AR-pattern rifle. The 9mm AR has the advantage of being able to accept glock mags.

For the OP: Quarter Circle 10 makes a matched upper and lower that accepts glock mags and has last shot hold open. You should check out that company if you have not already. Obviously barrel length is a big topic of debate but I would personally favor something on the 6-8" range. I think if you go with a 5" barrel, you might as well stick with a handgun, as you will be getting roughly similar ballistic performance out of a g17 or some similar duty gun.

voodoo_man
26 December 2015, 08:29
As much as id like to jump into this, the issue i have is that its 9mm...i doubt ill be using it on people and if i will itll be a suppressor host, so ill need to shoot 158gr to make them subsonic.

At thay point there wont be much difference between performance against people so ill just wait for .45 to make a development for people shooting.

For training and learning it is pretty cool though.

Slippers
26 December 2015, 11:06
9mm puts a lot of wear on the trigger pin holes of the lower. That's the main downside. Maybe only a problem if you shoot full auto a lot.

mustangfreek
26 December 2015, 14:00
Good stuff guys..I have been thinking a while about one..

Barrel length I'm thinking 5-8" somewhere, not sure how much velocity is gained past like a 5" barrel.

The QC 10 stuff looks nice and they say the LRBHO works but snooping around many have problems, so not a real 100% reliable hold open model I know of.

The joe job lower is one I've been looking at,,
Also

So any particular bolt catch, trigger, buffer idea seems s few different ways..just need a somewhat list of what I might need

Also what parts work together good and dont

RiverRat
26 December 2015, 14:35
Barrel length I'm thinking 5-8" somewhere, not sure how much velocity is gained past like a 5" barrel.

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/mepngs/9mmluger.png
Source: ballsticsbytheinch.com

If you're most concerned about being subsonic with (relatively hot) 147s, here are the isolated data for Federal 147 HSTs. Right click and open in a new window to see the axes labeled correclty:
http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/gifs/9federal147hs.gif
Source: ballisticsbytheinch.com

he QC 10 stuff looks nice and they say the LRBHO works but snooping around many have problems, so not a real 100% reliable hold open model I know of.

True statement, this has been a problem area. QC10 changed the transfer bar design a couple of months ago and it seems that might have helped - and they have some hand-fitting instructions to tweak performance if needed. It's also important to limit bolt travel so it doesn't have as much forward momentum when the bolt catch engages. There are plugs that fit in the receiver extension (back end of the spring) to limit buffer travel, or you can just dial it in by sticking a few quarters in the extension as spacers. I'll post results when I get to this part of the tuning on my lower.

If you go JBO/NFA lower and you want a bolt hold, you'll have to wait until NFA gets the new upper design to market. I expect JBO will get a branded copy, like they have with the lowers. Without that (currently unreleased) upper, I don't think there's any option for LRBHO with the Spartan lowers.

Just a note, which I assume you've already addressed in your plans: you'll want a ramped, glock-cut bolt.

JHoward
26 December 2015, 20:22

As of now there is no safety. The Shockwave just came in the mail today. It's definitely ,"in progress", I had a Shockwave but I swapped from FDE to black. The trigger is actually just in progress as of now as well. I'm planning on an SD3G to go in it. I'm so excited to get it working properly, but the holidays are not conducive to builds at all. I will check back in when it's complete and I can get more than 5 test rounds through it.

JHoward
26 December 2015, 20:30
Sorry. I didn't answer the question about barrel length. I feel like 7.5" was perfect. I was going to go with 5.5 and a "flash can" but felt like that was a little too "tacticool" for me. The 7.5 and flash hider feel just right. My only regret is that I didn't go with the Wilson 7.5, but I did not because it's an HBAR. I wanted lightweight. But the whole damn thing is pretty hefty. I'm waiting for a BAD safety and BAD clamp for the MATECH sight I have here. So yes. It looks very incomplete.

mustangfreek
26 December 2015, 22:58
So special parts for glock model jbo/NFA lower with a normal upper and pistol tube/Kak blade probably
-bolt carrier..so glock cut..good options ?

What about
-trigger?
-Bolt catch?
- buffer and spring option ?
-barrel selection/ company for a 7-8" barrel?

Don't want to get to deep into this for a blaster but if o do it if like it to run reliably..lol...

JHoward
27 December 2015, 07:14
I have almost given up on a reliable LRBHO option. I'm thinking I may just focus on making it function more smoothly. I'm thinking the Q9 buffer is going to be a big ticket item in that area. Q9 and the extra power Wolff spring and the added tension of the Q9 head should go a long way toward holding the chamber closed.
http://heavybuffers.com/images/Products/9mmQBuffer3Web.jpg

RiverRat
27 December 2015, 08:52
Ramped bolt = almost any AR15 trigger works. If your bolt isn't ramped, you'll either need to modify a standard hammer or purchase a 9mm specific trigger package. So it's pretty easy to extrapolate that you'll want a ramped bolt.........

RiverRat
27 December 2015, 08:53
I have almost given up on a reliable LRBHO option.

I'm confused....I thought you had a New Frontier lower - and I didn't think LRBHO was an option with any of their current lowers?

mustangfreek
27 December 2015, 13:25
I'm confused...lol...should I go for it or what ..just after a range toy

So build me a 9mm pistol with a jbo lower...cost wise upper, barrel, comp or FH and barrel?

JHoward
27 December 2015, 17:42
It's an option with their upcoming upper, but I don't really like the way they're doing it. Unless it proves to be uber reliable, I'll just run it without any hope of LRBHO.

mustangfreek
27 December 2015, 18:24
So std trigger with a glock ramped bolt..so is the NFA the best option with a different Lin it was that just the modular one?

Good spot for barrel ?

Not sure what buffer to look at? That Q9 how much? spikes 9mm buffer, Kak?

Help..or not too many out there yet playing with these ?

JHoward
27 December 2015, 19:22
I would have to say, I started this build to be a cheap alternative to practice with a 5.56, but I don't think it's going to end up that way. I wish I would have gone with a Wilson barrel at 7.5" and a QC10 bolt. I am not disappointed with my New Frontier lower, but I am not sure how close QC10 is to having a reliable LRBHO.

mustangfreek
28 December 2015, 04:52
Quick thinking and rough numbers after looking around, just using a normal upper and budget buying here and there

Lower- jbo/nfa - $150-$180 with tax/ transfer
Ballistic adv Barrel- $115-$120
Bolt $150
Upper-50-100
Rail - 100
Buffer 50
Pistol tube, fh or Kak can, LPK, misc pieces 100

So 750'ish right there if you were starting with nothing but most of us have some extra parts laying around...So as is , more then your budget 566 build but not to bad unless you went all out.. but I'm just looking for a new build idea and something different then the std 556 builds .This would be a slow build if I decide to..

Plus Sights/RDS/ mags..Humm ..looks and sounds fun with the bonus of taking glock mags .but want it reliable or enough to where I can shoot it without hiccups every mag

Pyzik.. I thought you were in the process of building a 9mm..if so how's the process and why are you not in here....lol

RiverRat
28 December 2015, 10:47
Mustang,

I think at least 3 of are doing the 9mm thing, some maybe a step further along the path but without enough practical use to make specific recommendations.

I'll offer what I've found in looking for my own pieces.....again without a single round downrange yet.

I think there are 4 off the shelf glock cut, ramped bolts available: New Frontier, JP Enterprises, Splinta Precision and QuarterCircle 10. I know Macon Armory also makes a version, but it's not listed on their web site. I've not seen unfavorable reports on any of them other than the NFA modular variant, so I suspect you can pretty much buy any of the one-piece bolts and be OK. Splinta is in stock on their site, NFA is in stock at JBO, the others may be harder to find.

ETA: Looks like there is a 5th glock-compatible ramped bolt option: Armil-Spec (also in stock).

Those BA barrels are probably the 5.5" and 10.5" versions. It's much easier to find rails for the 10.5" and it's generally a more practical length (not that much is practical about an AR in 9mm. ) FWIW, I've considered getting one to build a 2nd upper (or in case the TROS delivery doesn't pan out). JBO also just received a shipment of 8.5" Kaw Valley Precision lightweight barrels - price is good ($110) and it would mesh well with 9" rails but I know nothing of their quality.

JBO has a Spartan slick side upper that would match the lines of your lower, if you were so inclined. NFA sells the same design, but without the text engraving (if you want a cleaner look). If you're after a more typical forged upper, I've used a couple of Aero slick sides and they're good if you can catch a sale. And the Rainer slab side is priced to move at $50 - might be the value play if you're OK with the overt branding.

Buffer and springs are likely build and ammo sensitive - but you have the advantage of not having to tune around LRBHO. As long as you start with at least a 5.6 oz 9mm buffer, it should have a decent chance of running. Heavier buffers, stiffer springs and/or a buffer spacer might let you reduce felt recoil and still remain reliable - I look forward to both tweaking my own build and hearing your progression in this area (it seems like this is the voodoo/art with these carbines).

I recently picked up one of the KAK flash cans for a 300 BO. I don't think an aluminum muzzle device is a good permanent choice, but I'm using it as a short-term placeholder for a suppressor. It is really light and decently fabricated though.

ETS looks like the mag of choice.

JHoward
28 December 2015, 10:53
Have you heard of specific issues with the NFA modular other than mine? If so, what were they?

RiverRat
28 December 2015, 11:16
There was a report on another forum of an oversized modular. Modification of the lower's ejector was necessary to get the upper to mate properly (it functioned after that). There was conjecture that process might not work for all lowers, since ejector designs vary somewhat.

FWIW, the build where this was encountered was an NFA lower - so in the worst case, remedial modification would be possible with the lowers you and mustang are using.

I hadn't heard of firing pins breaking until you mentioned it.

JHoward
28 December 2015, 18:43
I had to move and bend my ejector to get it to fall into place, but I'm thinking that's not what you're referring to.

As an update, I emailed New Frontier, which is what they basically FORCE you to do to get any service, and they still haven't replied. If their replacement firing pin doesn't beat the RRA's I ordered, they're going to get an ear full.

UWone77
30 December 2015, 16:44
For those waiting for 9mm Receivers ... A sneak peak from Cross Machine Tool for 2016:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/11055766_1266056150076397_345121867_n_zpsbfqhpdqc. jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/11055766_1266056150076397_345121867_n_zpsbfqhpdqc. jpg.html)

Battle Cock
30 December 2015, 16:50
For those waiting for 9mm Receivers ... A sneak peak from Cross Machine Tool for 2016:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/11055766_1266056150076397_345121867_n_zpsbfqhpdqc. jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/11055766_1266056150076397_345121867_n_zpsbfqhpdqc. jpg.html)

I'm glad my current projects are going to take up my gun budget long enough for more pistol caliber AR products to hit the market. A 9mm carbine build that takes glock mags is definitely in my future.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 December 2015, 16:55

The want is strong with this one.

Ps: you've already got quite a collection of Stubbys don't you?

Barrels that is for you sick minded people.

mustangfreek
31 December 2015, 00:35
More jumping on board with these pistol caliber stuff is nice, I'm definetly in for one ..eventually..

More info.. Lol...

BoilerUp
31 December 2015, 06:38
As much as I prefer to build my own, the Sig MPX seems like the way to go for a PCC for an AR fanboy.

DutyUse
31 December 2015, 08:19

Glock mags and CMT sounds like a win

schambers
31 December 2015, 09:13
Here's another company making an 9mm AR variant. I don't know anything about them so please don't take this as an endorsement. I've just heard the name floating around for a while and found out today that they opened a webstore

https://angstadtarms.com/udp-9/

JHoward
31 December 2015, 14:01
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/Mobile%20Uploads/345aa98d-13de-403a-adf8-2dcd0644aa65_zpshj67rfrl.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/345aa98d-13de-403a-adf8-2dcd0644aa65_zpshj67rfrl.jpg.html)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/Mobile%20Uploads/4b997b94-30e5-46a4-a9d7-2ba7e50898ce_zpskmx675ye.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/4b997b94-30e5-46a4-a9d7-2ba7e50898ce_zpskmx675ye.jpg.html)

OK, still haven't gotten my safety or firing pin, but she's in her final form. Debating on ladder rail covers instead of the KAC covers. Any input?

Dstrbdmedic167
31 December 2015, 14:27
This is how I plan for my 2016 to go...

From Cross Machine Tool on Instagram.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/31/b9caecb3142e96b5b9c0da182f631313.jpg

UWone77
31 December 2015, 15:06
Don't forget the $99 50x scope.

Dstrbdmedic167
31 December 2015, 15:11
Don't forget the $99 50x scope.

44x*

Deadwing
31 December 2015, 20:53
As much as I prefer to build my own, the Sig MPX seems like the way to go for a PCC for an AR fanboy.

That's the conclusion i've drawn as well. As much as i love to tinker with my guns, there's an element of satisfaction in taking a firearm out of it's box, loading the mags, and sending lead downrange without having to play engineer to get everything functioning correctly. But...

I'm very curious to see the upcoming CMT set-up.

UWone77
31 December 2015, 21:09
4.5 and 8.5" Kaw Valley 9mm Barrels.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/5S3A3719_zpsnouoghs4.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/5S3A3719_zpsnouoghs4.jpg.html)

mustangfreek
1 January 2016, 04:08
Nice!!

JHoward
1 January 2016, 10:51
Damnit!! I need that 8.5 and a KAW Linear Comp!

John Moses
1 January 2016, 21:40
I am building one Now. QC10 Lower Small frame Glock. CRoss machine Upper without forward assist. QC10 5.5" barrel. Noveske KX3. Thordsen pistol stock, V7 lower parts. Will run a Octane 45 under the rail. I also have an ADCO 7" barrel for another build. Still waiting on a Bolt.

mustangfreek
7 January 2016, 01:31
Damnit!! I need that 8.5 and a KAW Linear Comp!

Haha.. I know that looks good and a 9" rail..would make for a nice short little blaster...

I got a extra lower sitting a around if you get to busy... lol....[BD]

I am building one Now. QC10 Lower Small frame Glock. CRoss machine Upper without forward assist. QC10 5.5" barrel. Noveske KX3. Thordsen pistol stock, V7 lower parts. Will run a Octane 45 under the rail. I also have an ADCO 7" barrel for another build. Still waiting on a Bolt.

Damn..!!! Sounds like a solid build...make sure to post up a build thread..

Not trying to sidetrack but I could accomplish this quicker and cheaper and use a extra plain Jane aero lower and play with a mag block and go that way with colt mags...

Anyone else running mag blocks? Good to go once installed or finicky like I've kind of read?

angus6
7 January 2016, 17:43
9mm are sweet, have done two so far , first was a 10.5 with a fake can , and a magwell insert, second was another 10.5 on a Runner Runner Guns glock lower , both have ran great using carbine buffer and spring and the $1.75 stack

mustangfreek
8 January 2016, 02:37
^^ what mag well did you use? Any problems or adjustments with them?

n4p226r
8 January 2016, 12:38
are the glock specific frames better than the colt style AR frames with block? i like the idea of a 9mm AR but if its not the same dimensions as an AR lower i sometimes wonder if the Sig is an easier way to go

angus6
8 January 2016, 19:24
^^ what mag well did you use? Any problems or adjustments with them?

Off the top of my head I don't remember whose well it was, seems like it was $99 and it's a drop in from top. It was plug and play no problems, right now it resides in a bump fire stock

are the glock specific frames better than the colt style AR frames with block? i like the idea of a 9mm AR but if its not the same dimensions as an AR lower i sometimes wonder if the Sig is an easier way to go
The second build was a glock style, thinking one less part that could cause problems since it was a gift for dad and his first AR, plus we live 1800 miles apart . If I was building another I'd go the Glock style as to me it's got better lines, in fact I plan on doing a 45acp build with a glock lower this spring

John Moses
8 January 2016, 20:58

YES.

Mag availability, and interchangeability is Key. QC10 is introducing a new Lower that will take MP5 curved mags as well.

n4p226r
8 January 2016, 22:00
i know im probably in the minority but i wish they would just make 9mm 30rd AR size/shape mags. kinda how the m&p15-22 uses AR size mags. i feel like that would be the best training aid and then only an upper would be needed.

fledge
8 January 2016, 23:24
i know im probably in the minority but i wish they would just make 9mm 30rd AR size/shape mags. kinda how the m&p15-22 uses AR size mags. i feel like that would be the best training aid and then only an upper would be needed.

I have a QC10 lower I'm waiting to be inspired to build. But I keep thinking someone is going to solve all the issues with reliability and BHO soon with an ingenious and simple design.

Just drop-in components for a pmag would be brilliant and solve a critical component. I'm sure it's been attempted.

Joelski
9 January 2016, 05:39
http://kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/9300DMGCarbine.png

MasterPiece Arms is now offering its new 9mm carbine with all-aluminum lower receiver from the new DMG (Defender, Machined, Grip) Series.

The MPA9300DMG is based on the 930DMG Pistol and features a free-floating handguard, side cocking handle, side folding stock, scope mount and a 16.2 inch barrel.

The new carbine weighs five pounds, uses standard Glock-style magazines and includes a low-profile magazine release.

It retails for $966.

From kitup!. More than a little homely, IMO.

DutyUse
9 January 2016, 19:28
I really had been trying to avoid this thread for obvious reasons and accidentally clicked it... I probably could have staved off temptation until I saw that CMT set :D

n4p226r
10 January 2016, 02:47
are the barrels universal to all these different lowers? im trying to understand what the difference is. seems some bolts have ramps, some dont. some triggers work, some wont. it's all very confusing.

UWone77
13 January 2016, 20:10

Dstrbdmedic167
13 January 2016, 20:21
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160114/42d194c832aeb0e249cdb583dd6ef5f0.jpg

Txfilmmaker
14 January 2016, 13:14
[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustangfreek
17 January 2016, 12:08
Humm...can't pull off the cmt set, sure is interesting looking and even more so on some info/specs

I'm still all over this 9mm idea and have a upper that's lonely so...just need to decide on glock lower or mag block and use lonely aero lower laying around..anyways..slowly ..slowly will get here..I'm sure I will be asking some other questions as i get closer

angus6
18 January 2016, 17:35
Damn mlk day , waiting on a 8" from schuyler arms that had shown today as the delivery day

mustangfreek
31 January 2016, 03:00
Damn mlk day , waiting on a 8" from schuyler arms that had shown today as the delivery day

Any progress on your build?

Soisauss
2 February 2016, 20:13

So between this, angstadt arms and palmetto.....I;m torn........ 2 calibers, 9mm and .45.

I hate you all at the moment lololollolol

UWone77
2 February 2016, 20:45
So between this, angstadt arms and palmetto.....I;m torn........ 2 calibers, 9mm and .45.

I hate you all at the moment lololollolol

It's going to be a crazy year for Pistol Caliber AR platforms. The CMT 9mm short frame looks like the cats meow. I also just talked to Joe Bob. He's coming out with .45, .40, and 10mm barrels later this year.

voodoo_man
3 February 2016, 05:22
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160114/42d194c832aeb0e249cdb583dd6ef5f0.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/yirlv.jpg

voodoo_man
3 February 2016, 05:24
Also, just to add to the conversation....

I spoke with Zach Law, CEO of Law Tactical and he said that his adapters work very well and have been tested extensively with the https://angstadtarms.com/ 9mm setups.

Just FYI for my PDW types.

Slippers
3 February 2016, 05:52
Also, just to add to the conversation....

I spoke with Zach Law, CEO of Law Tactical and he said that his adapters work very well and have been tested extensively with the https://angstadtarms.com/ 9mm setups.

Just FYI for my PDW types.

Looks like the pricing has come down significantly on the Law Tactical adapters, too.

voodoo_man
3 February 2016, 06:53
Looks like the pricing has come down significantly on the Law Tactical adapters, too.

Well they also just released their gen3-m so you can actually buy one now, unlike before - supply / demand, you get the drift.

Soisauss
3 February 2016, 20:00
It's going to be a crazy year for Pistol Caliber AR platforms. The CMT 9mm short frame looks like the cats meow. I also just talked to Joe Bob. He's coming out with .45, .40, and 10mm barrels later this year.

well, that solved the .45 question since all the manufacturers (that I've seen) produced mainly 9mm. This is going to be a GAME Disturber for sure! But as someone mentioned above, the price is going to be the real kicker. Most pistol cal builds are nearing the CZ Scorpion price tag. Which in (logical, but irrational sense) to go with the CZ without the fuss.....

noticed I said irrational :D

UWone77
3 February 2016, 20:05
Does CZ make the Scorpion in a factory SBR configuration?

Soisauss
3 February 2016, 20:32
Does CZ make the Scorpion in a factory SBR configuration?

Not that I'm aware of, but I do recall them making SBR kits, no?

Joelski
4 February 2016, 04:02
From CZ'S Rifle page:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo3-a1/

LE/MIL only at present. Must be a hot seller.

GaSwamper
4 February 2016, 17:58
Wasn't all about these at first. But then I started thinking 10mm, then I saw they were gonna make it happen. Kinda gets the gears turning.

UWone77
4 February 2016, 18:58
Wasn't all about these at first. But then I started thinking 10mm, then I saw they were gonna make it happen. Kinda gets the gears turning.

I can see you playing around with 10mm. Quite the PDW Round in the woods!

mustangfreek
5 February 2016, 02:50
All of a sudden all the joe bob/nfa glock 9mm lowers are OOS everywhere, emailed joe bob and no idea when more would be in he said..Humm

GaSwamper
5 February 2016, 06:15
I can see you playing around with 10mm. Quite the PDW Round in the woods!

Right you are, be fun to bust up on a group of hogs with.

UWone77
5 February 2016, 11:10
All of a sudden all the joe bob/nfa glock 9mm lowers are OOS everywhere, emailed joe bob and no idea when more would be in he said..Humm

They are hoping later this month.

Soisauss
5 February 2016, 21:59
From CZ'S Rifle page:

I stand corrected then. :P

Deadwing
6 February 2016, 02:19
From CZ'S Rifle page:

My guess would be that the CZ Scorpion SBR LE/MIL only restriction has more to do with the bullshit that is 922r than sales.

SINNER
6 February 2016, 03:49
That is LEO only because it is the full auto version.

Deadwing
6 February 2016, 04:02
My statement stands for semi auto for the version.

Joelski
6 February 2016, 05:51
Disregard. Yup.

UWone77
7 February 2016, 12:54
Just posted from the Cross Machine Tool Page:

Battle Cock
7 February 2016, 13:01
Just posted from the Cross Machine Tool Page:

Not sure how I feel about the stock bar above the ejection port... Otherwise that looks like a nice slick little rig.

Josh S.
7 February 2016, 13:46
Not sure how I feel about the stock bar above the ejection port... Otherwise that looks like a nice slick little rig.

It sounds like they'll be designing their own stock specifically for this pistol. I'm too lazy to post the picture, but they said in the caption the MPX is too bulky, weighs almost as much as the entire pistol, and the locking mechanism location is less than desirable.

Really curious to see what they come up with...

mustangfreek
7 February 2016, 18:05
They are hoping later this month.

Hoping huh..

Ok thanks

That CMT looks good

Sak007
22 March 2016, 02:39
I've been mulling over a 9mm build but only if the sbr bill goes through in Wa .
My original plan was to get a Qc10 Colt mag lower as the Glock style looks wrong and in my opinion just doesn't match the lines & sbr it .
I have a whole build out on a spreadsheet and now after reading this thread i'm left confused and not knowing what I wan't damn you Cmt .

SINNER
22 March 2016, 02:49
What's the deal with their lowers that use MP5 magazines? Saw a pic of one somewhere but now I can't find it. That one was by far the best looking set up I've seen for a pistol mag AR.

Found the pic. This is the one I'm waiting for.

mustangfreek
23 March 2016, 02:52
Nice...

So want to finish my 9mm build but gonna have to dump it or sell some of the mutt and finish it, summers coming and I want shit to shoot....oops...ranting on again...-my other threads..