PDA

View Full Version : BUIS suggestions for Glock with RMR

Battle Cock
25 December 2015, 23:19
Hey all you guys running RMR's on your Glocks, I'm looking to join your crowd but I was hoping to get some iron sight suggestions before I do so.

I figure most suppressor sights would be usable with an RMR, but I was raised in a restricted state with no use for suppressor sights and I travel too much now to own NFA items so I haven't needed to buy such things. I'm looking for a lower 1/3(ish) sight picture. I'm not entirely sure what to what depth the slide will be milled to accommodate the RMR but the work will be done by ATEi.

Anybody running an RMR with BUIS on a Glock? Any suggestions or pictures are welcome.

tact
26 December 2015, 05:35
I'd say it's a preference thing. Just as people argue about the size of the dot and where the rear BUIS should be placed, they also argue about which BUIS to use. Some like all black, some like a front tritium/black rear, and some use tritium front and rear. I feel it gets too busy with the dot when you start throwing in dual tritium. The tritium is usually introduced to aid some people in picking up the dot. Sorry, I know this doesn't really help but like most things it's a personal preference thing.

I'm using 10-8s, all black.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/26/a7f5b0d20ddf1b4cf6b47f56d08363fb.jpg

El Cid
26 December 2015, 06:03
I agree it's mostly personal preference. I've been a fan of having the rear sight in front of the optic as a barrier to ejecting brass and one hand manipulations. For now my pistols with optics are using the ALG 6SM, but if I was going the slide mounted path, I'd use the Atom slide from Unity Tactical. It comes with the sights installed.

http://www.unitytactical.com/shop/atom-slide-stripped/

SINNER
26 December 2015, 12:30
Trijicon GL201's worked well on mine.

Battle Cock
26 December 2015, 18:27
Trijicon GL201's worked well on mine.

I've had my eye on those for awhile. Based on what Tact said above, does the sight picture get kinda busy?