PDA

View Full Version : Your 2016 goals

rsc
1 January 2016, 22:18
What are you goals for 2016? Doesn't have to be firearm related.

Mine are to eat healthier and take a minimum of four firearm classes. I'd also like to start competing but am not sure how to get involved yet.

P39
2 January 2016, 05:46
Eat healthier

Take some handgun and carbine classes

Start waterskiing competitively

voodoo_man
2 January 2016, 06:23
Turn my photog game up a notch.

Do a run or two of shirts, maybe patches.

Shoot more people, get shot at less.

Do less paperwork.

alamo5000
2 January 2016, 06:57
Start waterskiing competitively

Do tell.

Which events?

I grew up competitively skiing. I got injured really bad and had to have my shoulder reconstructed so that ended that... but I hear ya.

JGifford
2 January 2016, 07:06
What are you goals for 2016? Doesn't have to be firearm related.

Mine are to eat healthier and take a minimum of four firearm classes. I'd also like to start competing but am not sure how to get involved yet.

Procure Hodge Defense MOD 2
Procure K16i or MK6 or something...
Eliminate CC debt (haha, ignore this or the above two, or just laugh to yourself)
Be better about the gym and eating (I have lost 20# this year, and my deadlift and bench are unaffected, so 2015 wasn't exactly a year of sloth. I just want to do better.)
At the end of the year, be ready to build my house/discuss foundation.

Calico Jack
2 January 2016, 07:17
Complete some meaningful training.
Get back into the swing of things at work.
Normalize my schedule.
Try to work less secondary employment. Hopefully my employer will help fix that.
Teach my daughter to shoot and get her enrolled in jiu jitsu.

BoilerUp
2 January 2016, 08:08
Establish NFA trust. Add something to it.

Jerry R
2 January 2016, 08:28
Well, first year of retirement put 10# on. Want to lose that and another ten.
Use the Wrinkle Ranch's gym to tone up what's left of the rapidly aging bod.
Shoot more.
Shoot more.
Shoot more.
Have another "Friends" shoot at GriffonSec's place; haven't seen some of the guys in much too long.
Learn how to put some artistry into my photo setups.
Enjoy this year as much as I did 2015.

rsc
3 January 2016, 01:39
A lot of LEO and MIL on this site, I hope you all stay safe out there, and for everyone have a healthy and great year!

Aragorn
3 January 2016, 01:53
Get out of an apartment.
Get a home gym once I get me and my fam out of an apartment.
Use it.
Get my ATP rating.
Shoot more.

P39
3 January 2016, 04:46
Do tell.

Which events?

I grew up competitively skiing. I got injured really bad and had to have my shoulder reconstructed so that ended that... but I hear ya.

No major events, really. I just want to start skiing the local tournaments.

I've never skied competitively. I skied as a kid, but never slalom and we never had a ski boat. A few years ago, I picked up a slalom boat and started skiing. The lake I live on has a small ski club and a course, so I get out as much as possible now.

Uffdaphil
3 January 2016, 09:39
Start my reloading adventure and shoot more.
Excavate my treadmill and stick with it.
The big one: Get rid of 90% of 40 years of collecting - old radios, comics, tobacco cards and piles of pre-war ephemera. My heirs will curse me if they have to deal with it.
And sadly, sell the Vespa 300 Super. My balance is not so good anymore.

gatordev
3 January 2016, 09:46
Get my ATP rating.

Sweet. Were you able to take the test in time and get grand-fathered?

alamo5000
3 January 2016, 12:51
No major events, really. I just want to start skiing the local tournaments.

I've never skied competitively. I skied as a kid, but never slalom and we never had a ski boat. A few years ago, I picked up a slalom boat and started skiing. The lake I live on has a small ski club and a course, so I get out as much as possible now.

When I said 'events' I meant which type of skiing :) not specifically which tournament LOL!

I was a competitive barefoot waterskier until I got hurt. I was going to National Championships.

Even though that's what I preferred to do I managed to go skiing with a number of really good skiers... traditional 3 event slalom, tricks, jump, etc. I got to sit in the boat watching one guy run into 41 off... that stuff is amazing.

MonkeyBomb
3 January 2016, 13:01
Enjoy bacon more and not smoke crack. I think I got this one.

Aragorn
3 January 2016, 13:39
Sweet. Were you able to take the test in time and get grand-fathered?

I got my written done the last day before the new law went into effect, so I have until August basically to get the rest of my hours and take my practical. Where I work now, they just tack the rating on to an upgrade training (I'm an F.O.) or new type rating, which is nice, but it's been super slow and I only flew a couple hundred hours last year. Totally rediculous. It's got me sweating a little bit.

P39
3 January 2016, 16:16
When I said 'events' I meant which type of skiing :) not specifically which tournament LOL!

I was a competitive barefoot waterskier until I got hurt. I was going to National Championships.

Even though that's what I preferred to do I managed to go skiing with a number of really good skiers... traditional 3 event slalom, tricks, jump, etc. I got to sit in the boat watching one guy run into 41 off... that stuff is amazing.

Yeah....I should have picked up on that.

Anytime you can be in the boat with someone skiing inside of 35 off, it's pretty insane. I'm not anywhere near that. The performance goal for me is consistency at 22 of, 34 MPH (max speed for my age group). I free ski at -22, 34 mph just for practice. Sometimes I'll run -28 free skiing, but that 6' less of rope is a challenge for me.

gatordev
3 January 2016, 17:22
I got my written done the last day before the new law went into effect, so I have until August basically to get the rest of my hours and take my practical. Where I work now, they just tack the rating on to an upgrade training (I'm an F.O.) or new type rating, which is nice, but it's been super slow and I only flew a couple hundred hours last year. Totally rediculous. It's got me sweating a little bit.

Nice. Depending on your job, seems like you could tack it on to your recurrent training, if you're able to do that.

Side story.... A buddy of mine (who historically was a helo guy) transitioned over to B737s on the .mil side. He'd taken the ATP test and was working through his initial B73 training at FlightCAESafety (or whatever). He was all set to do his ATP checkride the next day, but the examiner who was going to do it the next day was giving him a pre-check ride and while in the sim, got a phone call from the secretary. Apparently my buddy hadn't bothered to go get his ME competency rating. The examiner literally stopped the sim, brought it off hydraulics, and said, "uh, hey, you need to get your ME rating signed off before tomorrow. Here's where the FSDO office is in Dallas. Go take care of this now..."

He was able to get down there, waiting for first FSDO guy to show up to unlock the door, got his ME signed off on paper, then hauled ass across town to do his ATP checkride with the ME sign off. My buddy was very appreciative of the examiner helping him out.

Cotton68spc
4 January 2016, 08:57
Be healthy enjoy family and friends become a better photographer and videographer at least one more silencer and a ksg and Sig 320 some sort of 9mm carbine

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

GaSwamper
4 January 2016, 15:33
Turn my photog game up a notch.

Do a run or two of shirts, maybe patches.

Shoot more people, get shot at less.

Do less paperwork.

I want the voodoo man, shirt or patch either one. Really like that logo!

Aragorn
4 January 2016, 18:38
Nice. Depending on your job, seems like you could tack it on to your recurrent training, if you're able to do that.

Side story.... A buddy of mine (who historically was a helo guy) transitioned over to B737s on the .mil side. He'd taken the ATP test and was working through his initial B73 training at FlightCAESafety (or whatever). He was all set to do his ATP checkride the next day, but the examiner who was going to do it the next day was giving him a pre-check ride and while in the sim, got a phone call from the secretary. Apparently my buddy hadn't bothered to go get his ME competency rating. The examiner literally stopped the sim, brought it off hydraulics, and said, "uh, hey, you need to get your ME rating signed off before tomorrow. Here's where the FSDO office is in Dallas. Go take care of this now..."

He was able to get down there, waiting for first FSDO guy to show up to unlock the door, got his ME signed off on paper, then hauled ass across town to do his ATP checkride with the ME sign off. My buddy was very appreciative of the examiner helping him out.

I'll be upgraded to Captain before my recurrent training, or instead possibly typed for our Falcons. Either way, I'm hoping that timing plays well with my hours I need because yeah, at that point they'd just tack on an ATP which would be awesome.

And yeah, always super sweet when the FSDO or an examiner, or basically anyone that matters, helps out. I've seen some people get royally screwed when that wasn't the case.