PDA

View Full Version : What's in your range bag?

DeviantLogic
3 January 2016, 13:38
I just got a new bag and started moving stuff over...the below list is what I pretty much always keep in the bag when headed to the range. Curious to see what you guys keep in your bags to see if there's anything I should add or take away from the list.

Ear Protection (primary + ear plugs)
Eye Protection
IFAK
Ammo
Extra Mags
Pistol
Targets (6" adhesive backed)
Monocular
Staple Gun
Multi-tool
Rag / Old Shirt
Lubricant
Bore Snakes
Membership Cards
Copies of Tax Stamps
Gloves
Pen
Small Notebook

P39
3 January 2016, 15:58
I have most of what you have listed. The only think I have missing is a secondary set of ear and eye protection. Well....no tax stamps either. No NFA items yet.

Eric
3 January 2016, 18:35
Good list. I also have a laser rangefinder.

BoilerUp
3 January 2016, 19:18
I'd also add:

front / rear bags (I have the Caldwell AR style)
spotting scope
container for brass (I use a big plastic tub from Utz cheese balls)
snap caps (for training purposes...load one randomly in a pistol mag from time to time)
Camera

I also take my MTM "tactical" range box which contains quite a few tools and my full cleaning gear to include Dewey bore guides. I really like the box and use it to hold my ARs during cleaning when I clean on the range. I also take my Dewey rod when I anticipate I'll be cleaning the barrel during my session (e.g., breaking in a new barrel).

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7cwdqNL/0/XL/i-7cwdqNL-XL.jpg

tappedandtagged
3 January 2016, 20:42
I've found I can't fit enough stuff in a bag. My whole truck is essentially my "range bag." I have,
extra ammo (.223, .40 12ga, .38, 22LR),
extra mags (AR, G22/35, 10/22)
trauma kit
DIY sand bags (filled with plastic pellets)
Multi tool(s)
Ear pro X3 plus disposable plugs
Eye pro
Rand CLP
Otis Kit
Binos
Range Finder
Adhesive backed targets (1", 3" and 6")
Misprints from work (targets)
Staple gun
Packing tape
Sharpie
NFA paperwork is stored in my AR stock with a copy on my phone and glove box
ETA: List grows exponentially during hunting season

Joelski
3 January 2016, 20:58
I keep a field notes pad for each weapon. It lists date and time, weather conditions, all the info for the gun, including issues, repairs and upgrades. Type and quantity of rounds and anecdotal, diary type comments.

din
4 January 2016, 00:41
about eighty pounds of random crap.

DeviantLogic
4 January 2016, 06:17
Laser rangefinder would be nice, but I probably wouldn't get a whole lot of use out of one right now. Everything is a known distance at the ranges I shoot at. I like the idea of having NFA paperwork stored on my phone as a backup.

I normally pack a few additional items in my truck if I'm shooting rifles at the gun club. Really depends on what I'm shooting, or shooting at:

* Front Rest - BR style or bag (or bipods)
* Rear Rest - Depends on front rest and rifle
* Shooting mat (and some cord for tying down)
* Targets (Large)
* Spotting scope if shooting targets past 100 yards (I use a monocular for 100 yards in, or for steel targets)

Uffdaphil
4 January 2016, 06:35
Plus Maglulas, Allen wrench set and multi-tip screwdriver. Pot holder for hot can. Learned the hard way to put CLP in separate baggie.

cjd3
6 January 2016, 22:26
Magazines for all my pistols
My eye and ear pro, extra for a friend
Trust and Stamps
Screwdriver and bits
Hex keys
Chamber flag
Bipod
Stapler
Orange dots
Markers and pens
Water bottle
Brass bag

jeffeidemiller
5 February 2017, 21:41
Go to www.militaryluggage.com. they have every kind of bag you can think of

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

old11bravo
5 February 2017, 23:02
I haven't seen this listed yet but in addition to many of the items listed above, I also always carry:

Band-aids (because I hate cleaning blood off my guns) for nicks and cuts
Bic lighter (or facsimile thereof) to start the wood stove or barrel for warming hands between shots
Neodymium magnet (powerful rare earth magnet) for finding the pesky little springs and screws that try to get away when making adjustments or field fixes
Energy drink (Monster Absolute Zero)

FortTom
6 February 2017, 15:07
I'd also add:

front / rear bags (I have the Caldwell AR style)
spotting scope
container for brass (I use a big plastic tub from Utz cheese balls)
snap caps (for training purposes...load one randomly in a pistol mag from time to time)
Camera

I also take my MTM "tactical" range box which contains quite a few tools and my full cleaning gear to include Dewey bore guides. I really like the box and use it to hold my ARs during cleaning when I clean on the range. I also take my Dewey rod when I anticipate I'll be cleaning the barrel during my session (e.g., breaking in a new barrel).

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7cwdqNL/0/XL/i-7cwdqNL-XL.jpg
BU, hope you keep an extra scope or set of sights also....[:D][:D]

FortTom
6 February 2017, 15:12
Anything but a penetrating type of cleaner. It's made to penetrate and penetrate it does. I don't know how many times I've had to clean out my box/bag and wipe the crap off of everything including the box. I don't care how well I close lids or squirt tops, that stuff finds a way to leak somehow. I keep it in separate plastic bags, and try to carry it upright in a box or something. Anyone else had this problem?

FT

KW900A
6 February 2017, 17:02
I learned my lesson with that FT. I used to keep my cleaning supplies in a choke tube and shell case. It worked great, I had my pads and cleaner in the bottom and kept all of the brushes for the Dewey rods in the tube box. Anyway, it worked great until my hoppes #9 leaked and soaked all of my pads. I didn't even realize it had happened until I smelled it. Lesson learned. Luckily my boresnakes were not in there, and it didn't drip on carpet or truck seats.

GOST
6 February 2017, 19:39
Sordin Supreme Pro-X
Surefire EP3
Smith Frontman Sunglasses
Clear Eye Pro
Ammo
Mags
Spray paint
Slim Jims
Cigars

Everything is else stays in the truck, to lazy to carry it all around.

FortTom
6 February 2017, 19:55
about eighty pounds of random crap.

^^^^^
[:D]
LoL Me Too!

BoilerUp
6 February 2017, 22:24
BU, hope you keep an extra scope or set of sights also....[:D][:D]

Nah, I don't need them since I just shoot from the hip Chuck Norris style.

But I do keep an optic in a Bobro QD in case any of my friends want to shoot.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-LxFDLHC/0/XL/i-LxFDLHC-XL.jpg

I'm just kidding of course - I don't have any friends.

FortTom
7 February 2017, 12:25
[:D]^^^^^