PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Stone
4 January 2016, 15:43
Is it just me or has anyone else been having issues with Rainier Arms customer service and shipping? A while back I stopped using Rainier Arms because of CS issues and extended delays between ordering and actually receiving ordered parts. So last year I noticed they had updated their site and decided to give them another chance. First off, since they updated the web site my initial visit revealed that they had totally deleted my account. Ok, no big deal, re-opened an account and placed an order. Four days later I still hadn't received a shipping email and figured I would give it a day or two. Finally it ships, but takes almost ten days to receive. WTF. Ten days to ship to Mn. from WA.? For $8.00 that should be 3-5 days not 7-10 as advertised on their website. About a month ago I emailed them and asked a question about transferring a lower and it took four days to respond. While I don't expect instant gratification to my inquiry's a couple of days would be nice. On to my latest order. Ordered on 12/30 still have not received a shipping email. So I sent them an email today and have not heard back from them. Order is still "processing". So at the rate its going it could be seven days to ship and another ten days to receive and there will be a weekend in there as well. So that's about 20 days or so. That seems to be the norm with them as I have had another order or two in there as well. I can only compare my experience with RA to other online retailers and they are falling real short. Ordered from Primary arms Thanksgiving night, shipping email received black Friday and package received on Monday! Now that's some awesome customer service! Rogtac, ordered on 12/30/15, shipping email received on 12/31/15 package in my mail box on 1/2/16 Again, top notch service not to mention FREE SHIPPING with Rogtac. Red Barn armory's order was 5 days total from ordering to receiving. SKD, shite! these guys are on a mission. Shipping email received two hours after ordering and received the order two days later with $5 shipping! There are several other companies I have ordered from and the result was as quick. The last few just stood out in my mind. Rainier Arms, you guys are about to lose a customer. If you don't give a f$ck, that's fine then at least the rest of the world knows. Some companies know how to treat their customers, Rainier Arms, you do not. Rant over...

Battle Cock
4 January 2016, 15:56
I placed three orders with Rainier Arms this past year did not experience any issues with them. I don't know how RA's work schedule is set up for the holiday season, but I do know that in the business world, the end of the year holidays are the hardest time try to get anything done.

titanse05
4 January 2016, 16:00
No it's not just you. Shipping is slow at RA and I just don't order anything from them that I need quick. Not sure why that is but it would be an improvement if shipping caught up with their competitors.

My experience with Rogtac, PA and SKD have been the same as yours. Insanely fast shipping.

Doesn't keep me from ordering from RA though, got to take advantage of Apex pricing and free shipping.

SwissyJim
4 January 2016, 16:03
I placed an order on the 27th, and got a shipping notice this morning. Being as how that is right smack in the middle of the Christmas/New Year week, I have no problem with the sped. I've only placed a few other orders with them the rest of the year, but every one seems to have been shipped pretty damn fast. AS far as the shipping goes, everything I have gotten was sent Priority Mail which is 3-4 days to me in AK. As you mention, there are others that are faster, but I'm happy with RA to this point.

Stone
4 January 2016, 16:12
BC- While I do understand that and respect what companies go through this time of year, none of the other companies I ordered from showed the least amount of slowing down.

To me the Apex thing is insult to injury. Now I am paying more for the same atrocious CS and delayed shipping? No thanks. If I save $10 on each order it will take me 10 orders just to re-coop my money. Why pay more and receive less for what I can get somewhere else?

DeviantLogic
4 January 2016, 16:27
I'm not going to make excuses for anyone, but I personally haven't experienced poor customer service from Rainier. I purchased the Apex program and have already (almost) saved enough money with my purchases for it to have paid for itself. Their prices before the Apex program were already good (enough to make me buy from them), with the Apex program it's become a no-brainer.

UWone77
4 January 2016, 16:37
What did you order?

alamo5000
4 January 2016, 16:51
I ordered several things from RA and I have never noticed anything out of the ordinary. I ordered a mount from them on a Saturday and it took them six days for it to get in my hands... and that included a weekend.

Stone
4 January 2016, 17:22
What did you order?

This time it was a stripped lower. I don't mean to come off as a jackass here just venting my frustration with them.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 January 2016, 17:34
This time it was a stripped lower. I don't mean to come off as a jackass here just venting my frustration with them.

Well a lower always takes a little longer than normal anyway...

I order from them about 90% of the time. Most of the time it takes 7 days from the time it ships to when it arrives. That's bc I live in NC. I can understand your frustration but I'd rather it take a little time from a reputable dealer with great prices than try to et it somewhere else and risk having issues.

Of course all of the dealers you mentioned are spot of and have been in my experience as well. Idk if you have the Apex membership but anything with free standard shipping is always gonna take a little longer than normal.

Also I'm waiting on 2 orders now. One from 12/26 and one from 12/27. I got tracking on the first Wednesday(it's moving as of today) and just received tracking on my 12/27 order. The holidays definitely didn't help getting things to you as a consumer but it is coming...

John Moses
4 January 2016, 18:05
I haven't ordered anything from them since the new website. But in the past I have never had any issues. The company is full of good people, and they sell some great products. I like SKD, PA, vertex ops ROG, and DSG as they always have something for a deal, and I know if I order it Monday it will be at my house by Thursday or Friday. If you think RA has poor CS and shipping, try PSA......

Joelski
4 January 2016, 19:00
Nobody is slower than PSA! I can't complain too much though, because I found a deal there that I'll probably never luck into again, so the wait was worth it. In fairness to RA, their website does say it takes a couple extra days to process FFL transfers. I must also say they did great by me when my Avalanche CH broke, they promptly sent me an RMA and even swapped colors for me. The shipping kinda blows; same for Freedom Munitions. They must share a dog sled team. :D Gold star for ROG: I ordered Saturday and got my stuff today! PA is a solid shipper as well, but DSG, which is close to PA (or at least in TX), normally takes longer. Yes, I am a gear whore with multiple partners. :D

UWone77
4 January 2016, 19:04

No worries man, No One bats 1.000 in the industry. I just happened to be at RA when you posted this, and I made sure your frustration was voiced to the Operations Manager there. It should be getting addressed soon hopefully.

I know RA has had some growing pains. They've already outgrown their new building and they've been trying to hire on some new people.

John Hwang
4 January 2016, 19:05
I apologize for the poor service you have received. I do know we get most orders processed and shipped the same day. Obviously with the holidays and extra days being closed, we are taking 2 or 3 days to get the product shipped out. We've had many instances where we shipped the same day but even then the packages taking up to 2 weeks to show up because the shipping companies are also backed up.

With firearms, there are additional delays due to matching up FFLs etc. The bottom line is if you or others are not receiving orders on a timely basis and we are dropping the ball, I need to fix it. I will get with our team to see what we can do to speed up orders during this time. Even during the worst panic buying etc., we have always been known for speed of delivery so I am certain we can get this turned around. If you ever have any service issues, feel free to email me directly at

john at rainierarms.com

ksenter
4 January 2016, 19:22
I apologize for the poor service you have received. I do know we get most orders processed and shipped the same day. Obviously with the holidays and extra days being closed, we are taking 2 or 3 days to get the product shipped out. We've had many instances where we shipped the same day but even then the packages taking up to 2 weeks to show up because the shipping companies are also backed up.

With firearms, there are additional delays due to matching up FFLs etc. The bottom line is if you or others are not receiving orders on a timely basis and we are dropping the ball, I need to fix it. I will get with our team to see what we can do to speed up orders during this time. Even during the worst panic buying etc., we have always been known for speed of delivery so I am certain we can get this turned around. If you ever have any service issues, feel free to email me directly at

john at rainierarms.com

THIS is why I love the wevo! Seems like closer industry direct connections going on here without all the hibbity hooblah of the overgrown forums.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 January 2016, 19:29
THIS is why I love the wevo! Seems like closer industry direct connections going on here without all the hibbity hooblah of the overgrown forums.

I mean when it comes from the man himself....

John Moses
4 January 2016, 19:34

john at rainierarms.com

Can't beat that with an ugly stick!

Joelski
4 January 2016, 19:46
What??? hibbity hooblah? I LOVE hibbity hooblah on ritz crackers! It's why my family immigrated from the old country!!

:D

ksenter
4 January 2016, 20:26
fried hibbity is top o' the charts!

cjd3
4 January 2016, 20:54
Loving me sme wevo and hibbity hoobla. I've had good luck with RA folks. But my last order was early December, so before the big rush. I had an empty box shipped once, but I think it got thrown at USPS, and the Reaction Rod blew out of the corner. Once it wS back in stock, I got it replaced.

DutyUse
4 January 2016, 20:57
I've had nothing but great experiences with Rainier personally. I've ordered 4 lowers through them in 2015 and more parts then I'd care to admit. Like Deviant said the Apex program is a no brainier. Most of my orders, if not all, got here within 7 business days, some sooner than that. It's not the fastest shipping but certainly not the slowest I've dealt with.

I did have one problem last year where I needed to resubmit my FFL information for the WEVO lower. My FFL faxed his credentials and Rainier fixed the problem that same afternoon. I'd call that pretty damn good customer service.

Stone
4 January 2016, 21:19

john at rainierarms.com

Thanks John for chiming in. And thanks UW for letting them know about my frustrations. I really hope you get things dialed in and I also understand out growing your current situation as I have been there myself.

velocity2006
4 January 2016, 23:06
I got in on Apex when it was promo pricing, and it has been worth it's weight in gold for the free shipping. I have noticed whatever tracking they use from time to time does not show correctly, but I have always received my packages in a timely manner. I have easily saved the amount in shipping already for what I paid for Apex.

titanse05
5 January 2016, 05:15
I got in on Apex when it was promo pricing, and it has been worth it's weight in gold for the free shipping. I have noticed whatever tracking they use from time to time does not show correctly, but I have always received my packages in a timely manner. I have easily saved the amount in shipping already for what I paid for Apex.Yeah Apex was a no brainer at the intro pricing. I'm a fan.

Joelski
5 January 2016, 17:41
Is it just me or has anyone else been having issues with Rainier Arms customer service and shipping? A while back I stopped using Rainier Arms because of CS issues and extended delays between ordering and actually receiving ordered parts. So last year I noticed they had updated their site and decided to give them another chance. First off, since they updated the web site my initial visit revealed that they had totally deleted my account. Ok, no big deal, re-opened an account and placed an order. Four days later I still hadn't received a shipping email and figured I would give it a day or two. Finally it ships, but takes almost ten days to receive. WTF. Ten days to ship to Mn. from WA.? For $8.00 that should be 3-5 days not 7-10 as advertised on their website. About a month ago I emailed them and asked a question about transferring a lower and it took four days to respond. While I don't expect instant gratification to my inquiry's a couple of days would be nice. On to my latest order. Ordered on 12/30 still have not received a shipping email. So I sent them an email today and have not heard back from them. Order is still "processing". So at the rate its going it could be seven days to ship and another ten days to receive and there will be a weekend in there as well. So that's about 20 days or so. That seems to be the norm with them as I have had another order or two in there as well. I can only compare my experience with RA to other online retailers and they are falling real short. Ordered from Primary arms Thanksgiving night, shipping email received black Friday and package received on Monday! Now that's some awesome customer service! Rogtac, ordered on 12/30/15, shipping email received on 12/31/15 package in my mail box on 1/2/16 Again, top notch service not to mention FREE SHIPPING with Rogtac. Red Barn armory's order was 5 days total from ordering to receiving. SKD, shite! these guys are on a mission. Shipping email received two hours after ordering and received the order two days later with $5 shipping! There are several other companies I have ordered from and the result was as quick. The last few just stood out in my mind. Rainier Arms, you guys are about to lose a customer. If you don't give a f$ck, that's fine then at least the rest of the world knows. Some companies know how to treat their customers, Rainier Arms, you do not. Rant over...

Just got a shipping notice on my order placed 12/26.

John Hwang
7 January 2016, 16:57
We are processing orders from the 5th now. We are catching up but we were buried with over 1000 orders after the holidays with 200-300 orders coming in daily. We are at max capacity now and our staff is working very hard to provide the best service possible. We anticipated it being busy but underestimated this season. I'm confident we are getting back on track. Thank you for your patience and once again I apologize for your inconveniences. I am truly blessed to have such amazing and loyal customers. Thank you!

Jerry R
7 January 2016, 18:49
No worries John. Ordered a billet UM lower Monday, shipped today. What's not to love. In the current environment, everyone is busy and I guess that is a good thing.

I can't speak for anyone but me. Every time I have dealt with your team, they have been the epitome of courteous, concerned professionals. I will continue to shop you first.

Stone
8 January 2016, 17:44
Received a shipping email on 1/5/16 as of today the package still cannot be tracked and is not in their system(USPS). My FFL cant track the package either and has come to the conclusion it never shipped. Still haven't heard back from Rainier from my original inquiry on 1/4/16 "What's not to love" I can think of quite a few things. I guess its a real mystery if I will ever get my order. I place around 50 orders a year through different companies and this is by far the worst I have ever seen. Beyond pissed off at this point. Since they don't respond to my emails and the order is lost or never shipped I guess I will have to contact my CC company and dispute the charges.

Dstrbdmedic167
8 January 2016, 18:10
Since the owner has already chimed in and apologized I'd say chill man it's coming. I had two orders same time as you and I just received one today. You'll have it next week. I feel your frustration but I'd say you're jumping the gun by contacting your CC company.

How did you order? Standard shipping? Apex?

DeviantLogic
8 January 2016, 18:12
Have you tried calling them?

UWone77
8 January 2016, 18:21
I sent them a text, hopefully they can look into before they close up shop today.

John Moses
8 January 2016, 21:21
I would just relax. It's SHOT show time, and right after the holiday. Your tracking could be an issue with USPS or UPS, and not RA. I get stuff daily in the mail daily from my office, Amazon, (Gun and Jeep parts) and its extremely common to get something delivered before the tracking shows. I mean, the shipping email means they packaged it, and called it in for pick up on the 5th, and you are on the 7th . Don't take this the wrong way, but it's not like you are waiting on a Kidney. If JH chimed in, I'd say you are in good hands.....have faith.

Deadwing
8 January 2016, 22:17
I've had two issues with Rainier Arms. One was getting my credit card info hacked with the old web site. No problem, they're local so i pay when i pick up. The other problem is one of inventory control. I'lll place an order and when i go to pick it up, an item or two in my order won't be available for me to pick up, as their inventory was off and it was actually sold out when i ordered it. It doesn't happen very often though. And normally they'll offer to ship it to me for free so i don't have to make a trip down to pick it up. The last time i was in, i was told that they are a bit short handed. It's taken a bit longer to get email replies lately, where it used to be almost instantaneous, but i's not taking an inordinate amount of time to hear back from them.

USPS tracking is notoriously shitty. It's basically useless. It also once took 29 days for the USPS to deliver a package i shipped 2-day priority to a destination i could've driven to in three hours.

Mike at ROG Tactical is pretty unbeatable. For the most part, I go to Mike first if i see what i want on his site. If i don't see it, i'll ask if he can get it. If he can't get what i want, then i look elsewhere.

UWone77
9 January 2016, 05:42
I've had two issues with Rainier Arms. One was getting my credit card info hacked with the old web site. No problem, they're local so i pay when i pick up. The other problem is one of inventory control. I'lll place an order and when i go to pick it up, an item or two in my order won't be available for me to pick up, as their inventory was off and it was actually sold out when i ordered it. It doesn't happen very often though. And normally they'll offer to ship it to me for free so i don't have to make a trip down to pick it up. The last time i was in, i was told that they are a bit short handed. It's taken a bit longer to get email replies lately, where it used to be almost instantaneous, but i's not taking an inordinate amount of time to hear back from them.

USPS tracking is notoriously shitty. It's basically useless. It also once took 29 days for the USPS to deliver a package i shipped 2-day priority to a destination i could've driven to in three hours.

Mike at ROG Tactical is pretty unbeatable. For the most part, I go to Mike first if i see what i want on his site. If i don't see it, i'll ask if he can get it. If he can't get what i want, then i look elsewhere.

I feel your pain when it comes to picking up orders. I think the breakdown there is, when you submit your pickup order, they don't pull it right away. Next thing you know your item you ordered was scooped up by another order. Or they can't find said product because the warehouse is overflowing. They've already outgrown the location at least 2 fold.

I rarely if ever need what I buy right away, so it's not a huge deal, but I can see how others would be super annoyed.

Deadwing
9 January 2016, 14:10
I feel your pain when it comes to picking up orders. I think the breakdown there is, when you submit your pickup order, they don't pull it right away. Next thing you know your item you ordered was scooped up by another order. Or they can't find said product because the warehouse is overflowing. They've already outgrown the location at least 2 fold.

I rarely if ever need what I buy right away, so it's not a huge deal, but I can see how others would be super annoyed.

I'm the same way. Normally, i'll order something as a result of me wanting it rather than needing it. And sometimes, some of the fault lies with me, as i'll place an order and not be able to pick it up right away due to my schedule. Either way, it's not a big deal.

Joelski
9 January 2016, 14:34
I got 5 different pre-ship notifications for my order. All had different tracking numbers. Somebody in shipping is either super- new, or high.

Either way, I got my stuff and the world didn't come to an end, so it's all good.

Was kinda like watching a small train wreck, though.. :D

Deadwing
9 January 2016, 15:37
I got 5 different pre-ship notifications for my order. All had different tracking numbers. Somebody in shipping is either super- new, or high.

Either way, I got my stuff and the world didn't come to an end, so it's all good.

Was kinda like watching a small train wreck, though.. :D

LOL! This is washington, so the high thing isn't necessarily outside the realm of possibility. [BD]

Stone
9 January 2016, 21:22
I would just relax. It's SHOT show time, and right after the holiday. Your tracking could be an issue with USPS or UPS, and not RA. I get stuff daily in the mail daily from my office, Amazon, (Gun and Jeep parts) and its extremely common to get something delivered before the tracking shows. I mean, the shipping email means they packaged it, and called it in for pick up on the 5th, and you are on the 7th . Don't take this the wrong way, but it's not like you are waiting on a Kidney. If JH chimed in, I'd say you are in good hands.....have faith.

I could care less about SHOT show and that is totally irrelevant to customer service. If your customers aren't happy shot show don't mean shit, capiche? An apology without resolution is worthless. As a business owner myself fixing a problem with my services takes priority over everything else. If the situation were reversed I would have contacted the customer directly to see how I could have fixed this. And I say that from experience, that is how I run my business. Word of mouth is how most businesses grow. "and its extremely common to get something delivered before the tracking shows" Really? I've had hundreds of deliveries all of which I received a tracking email which soon after was track able and showed the packages progress along the way. Gotta call BS on that one. Do me a favor and stop trying to help since the majority of your post was an insult.

Stone
9 January 2016, 21:25
Have you tried calling them?

I was swamped last week and did not have the time. I sent an email on Monday(no reply yet) and I sent another one today. If I get a chance on Monday I will.

UWone77
9 January 2016, 21:38
I was swamped last week and did not have the time. I sent an email on Monday(no reply yet) and I sent another one today. If I get a chance on Monday I will.

John gave you his email, I'd start there with the emails if you haven't done so already.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 January 2016, 21:46
Here's a solution.. Don't order from RA if you're not happy... Your the in the minority in this.. The owner apologized publicly and said he was working on fixing it. You're kicking a dead horse at this point... I can understand being frustrated but as someone else said its not a kidney.. I ordered the same time as you and got my item(s) today.. If you didn't pay for expedited shipping well...

I understand you're not happy but publicly bashing a company that had been well known for delivering isn't helping your cause. You compared companies that don't even ship FFL items to RA.. Of course RA is gonna take the extra time to make sure their ducks are in order...

As a "business owner" you of all people should know shit happens..I mean did you order something that is a live or die item?

Again I understand your frustration as a consumer but it kinda comes down to is this the best way to voice your opinion.. Probably not...

Rant over...

Joelski
10 January 2016, 04:13
LOL! This is washington, so the high thing isn't necessarily outside the realm of possibility. [BD]

Stoner employee: "Doood! I so just sent my first order at my new job! This work shit rocks, bro! It rawwwwwks!"

Normal guy: "That's the microwave."

Stoner employee: "...oh...
Want a burrito?"

Joelski
10 January 2016, 04:26
Stoner employee: "Doood! I so just sent my first order at my new job! This work shit rocks, bro! It rawwwwwks!"

Normal guy: "That's the microwave."

Stoner employee: "...oh...
Want a burrito?"

[BG]

Sorry if my humor is derailing the tone of the OP. He deserves a solution that will make him whole. He obviously wants to remain a customer, and who wouldn't? Not many places offer the depth and breadth of cool AR stuff that RA does. I'm this way because I've been close to death more than once, and on the other side of my Christmas time ordeal I'm still drawing breath and sustaining a pulse. This too shall pass. John will be along to try again, I'm sure of it. He's probably helping pack and ship orders. Benefit of the doubt; this will get worked out. Hell, I'd go work there part time, just to help out and get to fondle sweet gun parts if it weren't for the commute from Ohio. :)

UWone77
10 January 2016, 06:04
I'm shutting this one down. No need to bicker over it. I will let the OP update this for a final resolution positive or negative.