PDA

View Full Version : FedEX SUCKS BALLS!

Joelski
12 January 2016, 13:25
I cannot express enough how you should avoid this sham like the plague it is! FedEX sucks such immense amounts of filthy, hairy, goat wang, the story can't be told in any common language! SCREW YOU, FEDEX!!!

So a sender wants delivery confirmation via adult signature, I get that. It's the trying all damned day to create an account on their fcklobber of a website that's got me irritated. They are trying to confirm my identity based on shit from 20 years ago??? And how the HELL did they get my new CC #??? I've never ordered anything from their site, because they typically do a better job of smashing packages than USPS or Brown! Complete, utter bullshit, Bullshit, BULLSHIT!!!

BAH!

SwissyJim
12 January 2016, 13:27
gee, methinks there is a story here...

Joelski
12 January 2016, 13:37
Yes, because I WORK, they will bang out two more attempts to deliver and then ship my package back to the sender as undeliverable. No place on the form to leave a signature, no phone number to call, no flexibility. It costs YOU to go online and schedule a delivery on a day you can be chained to the house, or else pay for a time frame (More $, please). What a horribly tragic excuse for service. Any other time, they'd leave a 3k guitar on the doorstep on the weather side of the house. I'm putting them on my bag of dicks Christmas gift list.

DutyUse
12 January 2016, 13:57
You can schedule to pick it up at their shipping facility. That's what I do most of the time because I'm normally working during delivery hours

Josh S.
12 January 2016, 14:01
I try to avoid using FedEX at all costs whether I'm sending or receiving. I've had too many bad experiences with them to justify giving them any more of my money. Here lately I've just been using USPS cause UPS also got added to my shitlist. Long story short, do NOT tell UPS you're shipping a scope. You would've thought I had yelled "Bomb!"...

Joelski
12 January 2016, 14:05
You can schedule to pick it up at their shipping facility. That's what I do most of the time because I'm normally working during delivery hours

Yeah, no. Not an option. FedEX Home is contract and not real FedEx (Ground, Air, etc... as if it could be any worse). Their center is 30 miles away, and no contact information is available..

Jerry R
12 January 2016, 16:37
Well, probably won't make you feel better, but let me tell you a Christmas tale about USPS.

Ordered two Aimpoint PRO's from SKD during their great sale. They shipped USPS Priority Signature Required. I checked tracking and it was to be delivered on a Thursday. Since they sometimes come a day early, I checked tracking on Wednesday - "Out for delivery". Cool. Had to go to the store, so at lunch time I checked my mail at the complex's community mailbox center. No package.

Hmmm, maybe I misread the tracking. So, after grocery shopping, I check it again. "Package refused by recipient. Return to sender."

WTF !!!

I print the tracking number and go to the post office - close by.

I explain that wife and I have been home all day with a yapper (Yorkie) that lets no one near the house without the world coming to an end. No person came to my door.

"Let me check that for you." Very nice, very professional. She gave the tracking number to "someone in the back" and continued to work the counter.

Twenty minutes later "someone" came out with my package.

Counter lady to "someone" Where is the delivery person? Answer - In the back parking lot.

Counter lady to "someone" What happened? Answer - We'll talk about it later.

I signed for the package, thanked them for finding it, and left.

So, either they went to the wrong address and it was (thankfully) refused, or they just couldn't be bothered.

Moral, buy enough stuff online and you will be screwed sooner or later. Some carriers (Fedex) are definitely worse than others.

It was really tough maintaining my "Fly and honey" demeanor at the post office.

SINNER
12 January 2016, 17:23
Biggest downfall of the Apex program is the FedEx free shipping. Worst carrier by far. If I reroute a package when a signature is required they lose it for days. Every damn time.

Joelski
12 January 2016, 18:28
Yeah but when my Apex order came, the driver called me and offered to meet as he assumed it was gun parts. That delivery went off without a hitch. I will not be buying any more higher end sprint run watches from Invicta!

Hmac
12 January 2016, 18:33
If it needs a signature, I always have FedEx or UPS delivered to my work address. That way there's always someone to sign for it but UPS always leaves a call tag if they can't deliver the first time.

Dstrbdmedic167
12 January 2016, 18:40
I hate fedex as well. I've actually watched them on 3 different occasions drive by my house and then watch the tracking show unable to locate residence.. Luckily I now have the local dispatch number and can call and tell them to have the driver meet me at the main rd.

Former11B
12 January 2016, 18:48
I hate fedex as well. I've actually watched them on 3 different occasions drive by my house and then watch the tracking show unable to locate residence.. Luckily I now have the local dispatch number and can call and tell them to have the driver meet me at the main rd.

I waited all day for a package that needed a signature; I heard the truck finally around 3pm (day wasted), and opened the front door. The truck rolled by my house, stopped at my neighbors and the dude hustles out with a PRE FILLED OUT "missed you" tag, slaps it on the door, foots it back to the truck and speeds off. Yes, it was for my package. I called the local hub immediately after and it took a while and a lot of rapid fire anger and hate but ultimately I was at least able to go collect it in person about 15 mins away instead of wasting the following day waiting again

Clearly it was near the end of his route and he didn't want to waste X amount of time waiting on signature packages, so he filled out slips for all the ones he had and I'm sure he did that for the next hour or so and "finished" early

fledge
12 January 2016, 19:24
Biggest downfall of the Apex program is the FedEx free shipping.

Interesting. My APEX orders always come USPS priority.

FedEx express and two day are fantastic for me. Ground calls me in winter to make sure I'm home. Way friendlier than the Brown driver. Must be an anomaly for the Rockies.

Former11B
12 January 2016, 21:17
Way friendlier than the Brown driver.

Without context this sounds bad hahaha

Uffdaphil
12 January 2016, 22:05
To be fair it really depends on the people working in each area. I must see half a dozen posts on several forums every year calling each of the big three the worst. My area Fed Ex is decidedly inferior in delivery and customer service. Both UPS and post office are great.

fledge
12 January 2016, 23:47
Without context this sounds bad hahaha

LOL

Way friendlier than the "UPS driver" who decides on his own whether I should get home delivery that day... Took a few calls to dispatch to get him to do his job.

Joelski
15 January 2016, 04:05
Update:

I thought I'd gotten this straightened out via the chat on their website. The person on the other end (a Mr. Ralph Dave...) assured me delivery would occur Saturday. This after a second delivery attempt was made Wednesday following a previous assurance via FedEx' Web support that the package would be delivered Saturday (stroking motion). I have my doubts as I arrived home last night to find a "Final Attempt" slip stuck to the front door. So, with the assurance my package will arrive tomorrow, and no stops left, I'm on the edge of my seat as to whether my package will actually be delivered. I'm so excited, yay.