PDA

View Full Version : Magpul UBR 2.0

DeviantLogic
12 January 2016, 16:17
The UBR 2.0 is an adjustable stock for the AR15/M4, designed to offer the same strength and stability as a fixed stock with a consistent and comfortable cheek weld in any position.
An update of the revolutionary Utility/Battle Rifle (UBR) stock, the UBR 2.0 features a fixed cheek piece to provide a consistent cheek weld in any of its 8 positions, and is compatible with Carbine as well as A5-length buffer systems. Designed to accommodate large bore AR calibers and withstand severe impacts, the UBR 2.0 comes standard with front and rear QD sling attachment points, two footman’s loops, the ergonomic MOE SL™ angled-toe rubber butt-pad, and customizable storage compartment.

MSRP: $199.95
Made in U.S.A.

FEATURES
· Mounts on a durable custom Receiver Extension tube (included) to accommodate the common M4 carbine buffer and spring as well as aftermarket A5 buffer systems*
· Solid "fixed stock" lockup and consistent cheek weld in all positions
· 8-Position LOP adjustability
· Adjustment lever requires only gross motor movement to operate yet the entire stock remains streamlined and anti-snag
· Enhanced lock mechanism with dual locking pawls for maximum drop strength and shock resistance
· Multi-shell construction provides solid foundation and shields critical operating parts from penetration damage
· Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
· Storage Compartment in tail of stock is removable and the door is reversible for user preference
· Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
· Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor
· Sling Mounts
o Front - ASAP QD type swivel mount for ambidextrous one-point QD sling mounting
o Left/Right Rear - Anti-rotation QD swivel sling mounts fit up to 1.5" push-button swivels
o Bottom - 1.25" sling loop (additonal loop accessible when Storage Compartment is removed)

https://youtu.be/c-DYyalWsFg

Links:
www.magpul.com (http://www.magpul.com)
https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-2-0-collapsible-stock

UWone77
12 January 2016, 16:24
Kind of reminds me of the Fixed MOE in shape, or maybe that's because of all the plastic. I'm sure I'll pick up a few, especially with the price reduction.

titanse05
12 January 2016, 16:57
Too bad it won't be available for months and months....

I like the improvements though. Might have to actually try one out. I'd have to remove the storage compartment doors though.

Any pictures without the doors installed?

SwissyJim
12 January 2016, 17:22
I'm going to go this route for my upcoming Battle Kitty 458Socom SBR - was thinking standard UBR, but I'll go with 2.0 once available. until then I'll use standard tube/stock

cjd3
12 January 2016, 18:17
The one thing I love about the UBR, is that it is mustache safe.

cjd3
12 January 2016, 18:20
Any pictures without the doors installed? It looks similar to the 1.0, that I can take a pic of mine doorless if you'd like.

Slippers
12 January 2016, 18:57
Want. The bottom profile is pretty decent for use with a rear bag. Wonder how it accommodates both carbine and A5 buffers. A spacer perhaps?

titanse05
12 January 2016, 19:33
It looks similar to the 1.0, that I can take a pic of mine doorless if you'd like.You're right..... I know that I like it.

DeviantLogic
12 January 2016, 20:11

DeviantLogic
12 January 2016, 20:13

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE
12 January 2016, 21:56
A lesser expensive UBR, awesome , Six Million Dollar Man themed promo, sealed the deal, I'll take it!

Liberal_Strong
13 January 2016, 00:28
hmmm, doesnt look like itll have removal doors. also no exchanging out of the polymer strike plate for a steel one.

DeviantLogic
13 January 2016, 01:28
hmmm, doesnt look like itll have removal doors.

Per Magpul's release..."Storage Compartment in tail of stock is removable and the door is reversible for user preference"

Liberal_Strong
13 January 2016, 01:29
Per Magpul's release..."Storage Compartment in tail of stock is removable and the door is reversible for user preference"
Awww yisssss. I'm willing to burn money on a $200 stock again.

Joelski
13 January 2016, 03:13
The compelling difference for me is that the 2.0 is can be mounted on an AR 10 buffer system straight out of the box. It looks backwards compatible with the strike plate, too. Ya never know when you might need to buttstroke some toolbag that needs it. [BD]

CarbonScoring
13 January 2016, 07:47
Still not cheap enough for me to actually buy one.

UWone77
13 January 2016, 08:40
Still not cheap enough for me to actually buy one.

Well, that's when you wait for that 20-25% off Magpul sale from Rainier, Primary Arms, DSG, ect. At least you also don't have to buy a receiver extension, just a buffer and spring.

titanse05
13 January 2016, 10:16
Well, that's when you wait for that 20-25% off Magpul sale from Rainier, Primary Arms, DSG, ect. At least you also don't have to buy a receiver extension, just a buffer and spring.I'll be waiting for a RA sale for sure. That on top of Apex pricing can't be beat.

SINNER
13 January 2016, 11:49
Retail likely be 180-185 so after the buffer tube, castle nut and end plate you are talking $130-140 for the stock. Price is not bad at all. On sale it will likely be a bargain. Hell I just got some PRS stocks from RAINIER FOR $150 each so at some point you know deals will be out there.

Tyrannosaur
13 January 2016, 14:37
The PRS 3.0 is being released too I see with an MSRP of $254... nice looking

Lkb513
13 January 2016, 16:05
One thing with the 2.0 is that it is not strike plate compatible. But the cheaper price is always a plus :P

DeviantLogic
13 January 2016, 16:23
One thing with the 2.0 is that it is not strike plate compatible. But the cheaper price is always a plus :P

Although I haven't seen anywhere that this version will, or will not support a strike plate, being your average Joe shooter, I really wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't support a strike plate.

UWone77
14 January 2016, 14:37
Retail likely be 180-185 so after the buffer tube, castle nut and end plate you are talking $130-140 for the stock. Price is not bad at all. On sale it will likely be a bargain. Hell I just got some PRS stocks from RAINIER FOR $150 each so at some point you know deals will be out there.

I agree. I think they are going to kill it with the price reduction. People often forget they don't need to buy receiver extensions with UBR's.

Liberal_Strong
15 January 2016, 20:46
Although I haven't seen anywhere that this version will, or will not support a strike plate, being your average Joe shooter, I really wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't support a strike plate.
Yeah but I thot it was pretty neat even tho its pretty much useless.

n4p226r
23 January 2016, 11:36
as someone who has never seen or used the UBR in person, what's the appeal over a regular AR stock

cjd3
23 January 2016, 12:37
as someone who has never seen or used the UBR in person, what's the appeal over a regular AR stock
There is no wobble at all, it has a very stiff lock up. You can set one of the positions with a stop, so when you push to expand, it goes right to the preferred position. One more button push, and you can go past it if you'd like (I am assuming this is true on the 2.0, as it is on the original). Plus, if you've got beard and mustache, it won't pull out your whiskers. I've got the old UBR, and I like the weight, but It's on my 18" SPR, so I don't mind.

UWone77
23 January 2016, 20:37

Also a great alternative to a PRS IMHO for a bench gun.

GOST
28 June 2017, 02:42
Finally shipping.

GOST
5 July 2017, 20:37
Now in-stock at Rainier Arms.

https://www.rainierarms.com/magpul-ubr-gen2-collapsible-stock/