PDA

View Full Version : CMT "HEX" Upper

nova_boss
14 January 2016, 09:24
I'm kicking myself for not jumping on these sooner. Are there really no more out there? I get that there are legal issues afoot but there are still lowers out there. One would think they'd have an equal amount of stock for both left over. Greatly appreciate it if anybody has a line on these. Trying to finalize plans on a build one way or another.

JSchell1309
26 February 2016, 20:49
In for a line on these. Have a buddy that just built his lower and didn't realize they stopped production on the upper. If anyone has a line one any of these it would be greatly appreciated.

UWone77
26 February 2016, 21:36
They did not produce equal numbers. As the mentioned litigation issues, these will likely never be made again.

besthaticouldo
2 March 2016, 10:16
I'm kicking myself for not jumping on these sooner. Are there really no more out there? I get that there are legal issues afoot but there are still lowers out there. One would think they'd have an equal amount of stock for both left over. Greatly appreciate it if anybody has a line on these. Trying to finalize plans on a build one way or another.

Yea, go another direction unfortunately. It's a great looking set. Shame they didn't make more.

JSchell1309
2 March 2016, 18:03
In for a line on these. Have a buddy that just built his lower and didn't realize they stopped production on the upper. If anyone has a line one any of these it would be greatly appreciated.

Yea, go another direction unfortunately. It's a great looking set. Shame they didn't make more.

Haha I was trying to find a line on an upper for you. Didn't want you returning that lower, that was going to be a nice set.

besthaticouldo
2 March 2016, 18:33
Yea it was, it sucks, but oh well. The SMOS kit will be amazing.

velocity2006
3 March 2016, 09:30
I would still keep that lower, it's basically unobtanium at this point.

n4p226r
12 March 2016, 11:22
who were the legal issues with?

UWone77
12 March 2016, 11:33
who were the legal issues with?

Hexmag

n4p226r
12 March 2016, 11:40
ah. that makes sense i suppose. Kinda funny though, if i bought a CMT Hex upper/lower set, it would probably be the reason i'd buy a hexmag

fledge
12 March 2016, 15:02
That's what CMT thought too... That it would be fun to have AND make a good business sense for hexmag. The latter didn't want that and I guess partnering on it wasn't what they wanted either. I think it's hexmag's loss from where I sit.

SINNER
12 March 2016, 16:11
Hexmags suck anyway.

Deadwing
13 March 2016, 05:44
Hexmags suck anyway.

LOL! I've never used one, but they don't bring anything to the table that would make me want to spend the money to try one. Seems rather shortsighted of hexmag to have CMT cease and desist instead of partnering up and getting some addition market exposure.

Joelski
13 March 2016, 08:52
Not another moronic example of somebody patenting something that's been around for millenia!

Hexmag is rather irrelevant in contrast to CMT. I suppose they needed to feel that little bit of power. Sad, really.

Calico Jack
13 March 2016, 10:36
https://hexmag.com/hexmag-files-suit-against-cross-machine-and-tool/
Their are always two sides to the story and the truth may reside in the middle.

I also recall Hexmag using photos of the lower in some Instagram post so their may be some validity to their side.

Joelski
13 March 2016, 10:41
I knew it.

This guy needs to lawyer up.

http://chriscander.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The-Angry-Bee-2-3-13.jpg

UWone77
13 March 2016, 11:11
https://hexmag.com/hexmag-files-suit-against-cross-machine-and-tool/
Their are always two sides to the story and the truth may reside in the middle.

I also recall Hexmag using photos of the lower in some Instagram post so their may be some validity to their side.

I believe they already settled that suit out of court.

SINNER
13 March 2016, 11:28
Maybe if they put that lawyer money into designing a magazine theirs would not bulge the feed lips or would actually load on a closed bolt with 30 rounds in it. LOL Airsoft magazines feel sturdier.

Deadwing
13 March 2016, 15:39
I think i'll simply trademark geometry. That way, whenever anyone makes anything, i can sue them lol.

DutyUse
13 March 2016, 16:35
Hexmags suck anyway.

+1

Only failure I've ever had with my Colt 6920 was with a hex mag. Plus it wouldn't seat on a closed bolt with 30rds

UWone77
22 April 2016, 16:15
I had a casual conversation with Jeff Cross today and I mentioned whether the chances of him making more Hex sets were zero or .0001.

He told me he's never making them again, and not just no, but "HELL NO"

I guess it's time to sell my set. [BD]

SINNER
22 April 2016, 16:32
Nah. Wait until a panic. Be worth 2k next go around. Lol

n4p226r
23 April 2016, 03:04
This may sound dumb but is there more than one CMT? I kinda remember a continental machine and tool being an OEM for other companies but google brings up mostly arfcom posts so who knows

UWone77
23 April 2016, 11:24
This may sound dumb but is there more than one CMT? I kinda remember a continental machine and tool being an OEM for other companies but google brings up mostly arfcom posts so who knows

Yes, there is Continental Tool and Machine as you mentioned and Cross Machine Tool. We're talking about the latter. They used to go by CMT Tactical, but have lately used Cross Machine Tool to differentiate a little better.

hxjohn
9 June 2016, 08:24
There is still hope for a Hex Upper and Lower

https://youtu.be/xFStleueOqE

Mecha_Arms
9 June 2016, 16:17
I knew I should have bought that set when I was thinking about it. :-(

I haven't had problems with Hexmags, but I haven't been blown away by them either.

Aberration79
13 June 2016, 10:31
I am dumbfounded that a hexagon can be trademarked.

mustangfreek
14 June 2016, 02:35
Nah. Wait until a panic. Be worth 2k next go around. Lol

....and go......[crazy][pop]

Joelski
14 June 2016, 04:42
Isn't ZEV or Agency doing hex milling on slides? If so, how are they getting away with it without $$$ and fine print?