PDA

View Full Version : Buffer spring on DDM4

adrenaline151
2 March 2009, 14:03
Looking at any of the review I can find online, it seems that just about everybody that has a DDM4 says that the buffer spring makes a loud booioioiing with every shot... is there anything that can be done to fix that? I'm going to buy a couple of DDM4s next week and am trying to figure out what the first upgrades/add ons might be...

John Hwang
2 March 2009, 14:40
This is the first I'm hearing about it but that is good information to know. Standard CAR buffer springs are $5 and can be found anywhere. I've contacted DD to and will post back if I hear anything.

Stickman
2 March 2009, 16:06
Looking at any of the review I can find online, it seems that just about everybody that has a DDM4 says that the buffer spring makes a loud booioioiing with every shot... is there anything that can be done to fix that? I'm going to buy a couple of DDM4s next week and am trying to figure out what the first upgrades/add ons might be...

Are these people posting who know anything, or are these people who are novice shooters? I've heard a lot of people complain about the main action spring noise, but almost all of them were new shooters on the platform.

I have zero time with a DD M4, so I can't comment on them from personal experience, but the noise comment has certainly come up plenty of times in general.

adrenaline151
2 March 2009, 16:41
Not sure... mostly guys from m4 and arfcom, so who knows[:D]. I had a Bushmaster Super Varminter that was really "boingy", but I never knew that it wasn't just the way the AR platform was until I got my Noveske. Night and day.

Eric
3 March 2009, 01:09
Are they claiming more "boing" than other carbines? Perhaps they just need to learn to embrace the sound. The TM calls for a light application of CLP on the spring, which may help a bit. I'm not inclined to goober it up with a lot of grease like some folks prefer.

adrenaline151
3 March 2009, 04:52
wouldn't you be able to tell what it sounds like by giving a good yank on the CH and letting go?

SHIHAN
12 March 2009, 00:06
All AR's have some type of "boing" and its not a big deal. The people complaining about it make me laugh as whats coming out of the muzzle end is loud.

Plato
12 March 2009, 19:39
My DDM4 has no excessive 'boing' compared to other AR's (mostly home-built).