PDA

View Full Version : Tapco G-2 Trigger Slap ??

billt
19 January 2016, 04:14
How many of you own AK-47 's with Tapco G-2 Trigger Groups, that slap your finger to the point it's painful? I have 4 Romanian GP-1975 Models that all have G-2 Tapco triggers. Here is the deal. They all have beautiful pulls that break around 3 to 4 pounds. (One is about 5-1/2 pounds). They break nice and crisp. They're beautiful triggers, EXCEPT for the violent trigger slap that happens every time they're fired. Yesterday I was at the range shooting one, and it got to the point after about 40 rounds, I had to put a pair of shooting gloves on because it was getting so painful. If you're just playing around blasting you don't seem to notice it as much. But if you are trying to sight in off a rest, and are being somewhat precision with your shot placement, you really notice it. I've heard from others this is typical for all Tapco G-2 Triggers. Can this be fixed, or is it the nature of the beast? As I said this happens on all 4 guns. It's not inclusive to just one gun.

SINNER
19 January 2016, 07:32
They all do it. Try running those in a VEPR 12 or Saiga once and the 7.62x39's won't feel bad at all. Going to pick up a few of the new CMC triggers to try out.

Bronco75
19 January 2016, 13:03
I always hated the Tapco G2 trigger. I have had the most success with the RSA (Red Star) trigger. I have used this trigger in multiple Yugo M82's and a Polish AK and they all worked great. Trigger is fully adjustable as well. I just purchased the ALG AK trigger, but have not had a range trip with that one yet, but will report back. It feels as nice as the Red Star although not adjustable. I like the trigger bow much better on the ALG, but I run Geissele SD triggers in my AR's, so I am used to that type bow.

Here is a link to the Red Star...appears to be in-stock at Brownell's.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ak-47-adjustable-trigger-kit-prod9843.aspx

gatordev
19 January 2016, 15:16
I initially hadn't noticed the trigger slap on my AK-74 until I started running dedicated drills with it where I'd rest on the reset for the follow up shot. After a mag, I could start to feel my finger vibrating. All of a sudden I understood what people have complained about. When the budget isn't dedicated to other more pressing issues, I'll probably grab an ALG trigger, as I'd like to run the AK a bit more in drills just to get more comfortable with it. But for now, I'll live with the slap.

velocity2006
21 January 2016, 11:23
My experience with the G2 was opposite. I had a Rommy ages ago that had horrible trigger slap with the stock trigger. I replaced it with a G2 and it removed the trigger slap, this was pre ALG AK trigger and the slew of other options now. At the time the G2 was pretty much the only aftermarket AK trigger readily available.

gatordev
21 January 2016, 13:42
I wonder if it's relative stages of slap. My only experience is with the G2 (and not a ton of AK experience in general). Doing a mag full for a shoot and move drill a couple of times (so medium rate of fire), I started to feel it. That doesn't mean it wasn't solving a problem, just maybe it didn't COMPLETELY solve the problem. Either way, it's probably like complaining about sore muscles after working out. Yeah, it might be annoying, but it isn't the end of the world.

billt
21 January 2016, 14:14
I have one AK that has a Tapco G2 that will occasionally double fire. And it will slap HARD when it does it. It won't full auto until the mag runs dry, just double. And it doesn't do it all the time. I've never messed with ANY Tapco G2 trigger I own. They are all factory stock. No "kitchen table trigger jobs".