PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Pending Form 1

tappedandtagged
25 January 2016, 14:45
Anyone ever cancel a pending Form 1? I submitted a form 1 back on 12/27 on an 870 Express, but I recently ran across an old Wingmaster that I'd rather cut down. As I understand it, it must be in writing and if I email it in, I should type a letter out and email them the letter attached instead of just in the body of the email.

Am I missing anything? How long should I expect to wait for the tax to be returned to me?

tappedandtagged
25 January 2016, 14:54
Found this on an ATF eForms newsletter.

Withdrawal/cancellation of NFA application
The withdrawal of a submitted/in process status eForm 1 or the cancellation of an approved status eForm 1 must be done by directing a written request to the NFA Branch (address on the form) or an email to the NFA Branch (nfa@atf.gov). Please include the information relating to the transaction, such as the control number. A copy of the payment information that was sent by Pay.gov at the time of payment should also be included. The refund will take about 30 days once the form is closed out.

Dstrbdmedic167
25 January 2016, 16:26
I filed one last year and didn't catch the city was missing when I submitted it. Like you I had found something I would have rather form 1'd instead of using the lower I had submitted. Sent an email and it was shortly cancelled. Expect a refund of at least 3 months later, mine was closer to 4..

schambers
25 January 2016, 19:04
Have you tried amending the form 1? I'm pretty sure it's possible to change or amend some information on a form 1 instead of canceling and starting the entire process over again.

I don't know if they will allow you to change the kind of information that you would need to, but it might not hurt to call and see what's possible

tappedandtagged
25 January 2016, 22:20
Well crap, I accidentally deleted my last post.

The eform can't be changed at all, not even by the ATF.

fledge
26 January 2016, 00:11
I don't know about the form pages, but I've added PDF documents after submitting... Weeks later. So I know at least that portion can be changed after the fact.

tappedandtagged
13 April 2016, 15:40
My form was canceled/disapproved March 3rd.

Still no check from the $200 I already paid. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks. Guess I'll keep waiting.

Dstrbdmedic167
13 April 2016, 16:02
My form was canceled/disapproved March 3rd.

Still no check from the $200 I already paid. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks. Guess I'll keep waiting.

Took me 4 months to get a refund.. Just FYI...

UWone77
13 April 2016, 16:30
When I was denied last May I got my cash back in 6 weeks.

tappedandtagged
13 April 2016, 17:11
At this rate, I may get my other Form 1 back before my refund!