PDA

View Full Version : Ksg upgrade suggestion

Cotton68spc
27 January 2016, 11:05
Just bought a KSG wonder if any one that owns one can give some upgrade advice

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Tyrannosaur
27 January 2016, 15:28
I just added the SMT tactical magazine followers (the stock ones are flimsy plastic.) Look up HI Tech ksg parts too. They make a billet bottom rail to reinforce the bottom when using a forward grip (Google KSG accidents for reason this is a good idea)
Also there are extended magazine tube selectors which work with your wrist... not needed but an improvement. Honestly the mag tube followers with some dry lubes all you need.
Just run it and see how you feel about it. They're hit or miss as far as cycling and reliability. GEN 2 is improved.
I put the hi tech customs side saddle and a primary arms red dot on it (because why not when you have a Rainier Apex membership)
Best thing to do is field strip it until you are familiar with it and shoot the hell out of it. They're fun for the range but I'm not sure I'd stake my families safety on it.
Hope this helps

SINNER
31 January 2016, 05:17
I bought one on a whim a year ago and it honestly is a much better weapon than I anticipated. That said it has a few shortcomings.

First off the factory recoil pad sucks if you shoot anything but light target loads. They sell an upgraded one that is 10 times better.

The metal cheek riser sucks and makes you feel like someone punched you in the jaw after a few hundred rounds of 000 buckshot. The kydex cover works well. Even better with a foam pad on it.

As mentioned before the factory followers are pretty cheap plastic. Also the magazine springs are very weak IMO and were the suspected cause of the only FTF I've had. I cut down a few Nordic springs I had on hand and feeding has been flawless. You can also see the extended magazine selector installed in that pic. They are a must as the factory selector is very hard to operate.

I also added the extended length top rail to position the Aimpoint correctly.

And I have the reinforced bottom rail. I grabbed a few of the Gear Sector hand stops Rainier had on sale I plan on running on the rail but have yet to Cerakote them.

I am pretty sure this will be a popular host for my Salvo once the tax stamp is approved. I never really though much of Kel-Tec but this shotgun has certainly made me second guess my opinion of them.

Cotton68spc
31 January 2016, 08:51
Thanks guys I bought the extended mag switch the day I bought the gun and plan on going the followers next and now the butpad and extended top rail today is range day so we will see how it goes I have been impressed by the gun so far from tearing it down it is not the polymer toy gun you read about online just hope it runs good today I bought the cheapest Ammo I could find

Tyrannosaur
31 January 2016, 13:27
SINNER what size nordic Springs did you use? Did you just cut them to the same size as the factory ones?

SINNER
31 January 2016, 15:19
Nordic only has one length spring. I used the standard (HD springs are for high capacity extensions). I cut it 12" longer than the mag tube as with all their extensions.

Cotton68spc
1 February 2016, 08:18
Did you have to use a heat gun to remove the mag nuts

SINNER
1 February 2016, 10:16
No but they are odd to get off. You have to alternate back and forth only going about a half turn on each.