PDA

View Full Version : Noveske QD End Plate

Stickman
2 March 2009, 19:53
This is a new item from Noveske Rifleworks, and its one of those things which is so simple, and functional, that I'm kicking myself for not having thought of it first.

After using one for the past couple months, its something that works well, especially if you are one of those people that uses a QD sling mount.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/0O2P1615-1028-WEVO.jpg

Eric
3 March 2009, 00:47
I like the minimalist approach. Low profile, installs like a standard end plate and is easily staked in place.

TraitorJackKnives
3 March 2009, 08:50
This is great, now you can easily install self-made slings.

Stickman
3 March 2009, 09:56
I think this is whats shipping on all Noveske complete weapons now, but I'm not 100% certain.

Army Chief
3 March 2009, 09:58
That's the coolest thing since ... uh, the ASAP. Now we almost have too many solid options.

Almost. :)

AC

adrenaline151
3 March 2009, 10:01
Noveske does it again, lol.
It kinda seems like a no-brainer for them, anything they make and put the little cross on is going to sell out(the pig would be even better!), unless there is a far better alternative. Then again, if there was a far better alternative, John would already be using it, right?
If I were John, and wasn't already backordered until Obamas third or fourth term, I'd be slapping those little crosses on anything and everything. How about the end of a buffer tube? One right on the BCG, so you could see it when the dust cover is open would be nice. Seriously, the Noveske logo has got to be one of the simplest, and at the same time classiest of all logos. Who wants a deer head on the side of a battle rifle?
I wish I would have thought of that logo. I wouldn't have anything to put it on, but I'd still be pleased with myself. The Magpul and Rainier Arms logos are also very simple, classy and at the same time they say "Hi-speed". lol.

Hendrix
5 March 2009, 13:50
I'm looking at picking one of these up for my N4. Stick do you happen to know how well the new Magpul MS2 sling works with a QD mount?

Ryo
5 March 2009, 15:13
Looks similar to DD version, but this is so much slimlined. Looks good.

Army Chief
5 March 2009, 22:16
DD = aluminum.
Noveske = steel.

I suppose that has a lot to do with the profile disparity between the two.

What I like about the Noveske is the fact that it is totally unobtrusive, and as Eric said, is otherwise identical to a standard end plate. A component that delivers more options without substantially altering or impacting the basic configuration of the weapon is always a good thing in my book.

AC

Ryo
5 March 2009, 23:37
True that the material was different. I just meant the idea was similar. Noveske just made it more simple and very clean. Very clever idea.

So many choices going on.. Magpul, Noveske.. don't know which one I want to try out more.