PDA

View Full Version : RIA Tac Ultra CS

ttribby60531
3 February 2016, 02:09
I am thinking about purchasing the RIA 3.5" 9mm (51700) and using it as a carry gun. I've been doing a little research on the model and the company and have read mostly positive reviews. I was curious if anyone has had experience with this model here and what are the pros and cons. Also I've read that Novak cut sights will not fit the RIA'S and then in a different place I read that they do, so if someone could clear that up for me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to put some tritium sights on it so I'd like to know what will fit and what will not.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mustangfreek
3 February 2016, 02:59
Can't entirely help, but I have heard both and that ria cuts are not true Novak, but citadel are (as I have a FS)
Best bet is to call/email and see what they say, maybe they have updated?

ttribby60531
3 February 2016, 04:19
Can't entirely help, but I have heard both and that ria cuts are not true Novak, but citadel are (as I have a FS)
Best bet is to call/email and see what they say, maybe they have updated?
Just sent an email to them. Can't believe I didn't think of contacting them haha. Thank you

ttribby60531
3 February 2016, 08:46
Yes they are Novak cuts, but newer and older guns have different sight cuts. Refer below for more information;

New Dovetails
Standard Novak dovetail*
Front Sight .330" x .075" x 65º*
Rear Sight .495" x 65º dovetail cut.

Old Dovetails
Front Sight .330 x .085 x 65º
Rear Sight .487 x 65º

This is straight from the people at RIA if anyone else reads this post.

mustangfreek
5 February 2016, 02:10
Good deal, so you got some info.Now is that for all RIA models full size, commander, officer?
As I heard the older ones were different from ria citadel and another company I can't remember right now...lol..anyways good info!!

ttribby60531
5 February 2016, 09:16
Good deal, so you got some info.Now is that for all RIA models full size, commander, officer?
As I heard the older ones were different from ria citadel and another company I can't remember right now...lol..anyways good info!!
I just asked about the 51700 model specifically so I can not say if the other models are the same. I did look at the citadel, but I like having the option of a railed gun. Whether or not I decide to utilize that rail is another story. I'm going to continue to do my research and hopefully make a purchase early this spring.